Sign in to follow this  
ScarfaceRo

[CONTEST; 25s prize] Calling out all architects and deed planners

Here are the modifications: Reduced unused tiles because of slopes, expanded farms and inn, more pens (now with enchanted grass!) and deleted trees (added a version with trees just to check out how it looks). http://pastebin.com/CzJ6gnf8

2D view:

5RX6DVs.png

Overview without trees:

GshIjQf.png

Overview with trees:

ec0C8CZ.png

View from inn's second floor:

YmQvYCq.png

Edited by Glomby
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone for your submissions; I am on the move right now, so can't stay long, but will replay to everyone this evening from home.

Hopefully by that time I would be able to also load your submissions in deed planner and have a better view over them.

Anyway great job everyone! There are some really great submissions and you make my job of picking one winner a really hard one. :D

• Like 2

Some nice ones submitted so far good luck with it guys :)

free bump!

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, April 24, 2014 - Removed - Under review
Hidden by Shrimpiie, April 24, 2014 - Removed - Under review

The person who made this post has sold his Freedom accounts and deeds and moved to Chaos. It will be most interesting to see if anyone gets rewarded for their efforts in response to this "Contest". Outside in the real world there is some sort of escrow guarantee put in deposit for these sorts of offerings to provide some legitimacy to them. If you read the content of the OP there are provisions made to reduce payment to 10 silver with merely a response of it didn't meet the criteria of the OP. Then who is to say the ideas submitted did not provide the OP with aspects of a build he would later base of parts of the submitted responses.

Very doubtful anyone would get full payment and much less even the minimum now that this person has left the "carebears" behind, as he put it in another post that was moved to the Village Recruitment section. Posted below in the event the OP should later delete or edit it.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/100407-please-close-looking-to-start-the-real-game-pvp-recruit-me/

"Although I followed the game quite close for a couple of years, I only start playing recently. But once I've done it, I knew I was bound to it; it's the first game in years that actually made me lose track of time while playing it.

Result - more than 10 hours of game time per day (not counting the two alts I tried):

[03:02:56] You entered through the portal to Wurm on Wrath day, week 4 of the Raven's starfall, 1038. That's 46 days, 11 hours and 27 minutes ago.

[03:02:56] You have played 19 days, 13 hours and 42 minutes.

I made the mistake to start playing on Pristine (don't ask me why - I had my reasons, but proved to be wrong ones). And although I loved the game and I met some great people, there were three things that bothered me big time:

- there was almost no team play involved; pretty much everyone seemed to be focus on his / her own deed and character, trading was the main interaction reason between people and literally there was almost no team work (even allies traded things for coins, instead of helping each other in most cases)

- there was no way to deal with grievers other than /support tickets and F#C$ - I'm a man, not a little girl to go whining to game officials (who in the most cases won't only give a warning) for every little a$$ I encounter

- and talking about whining... boy, I just got tired about all the carebear whiners crying over every single problem or every single game change; also people that treat server chat as their personal blog stating every action they do and every skill up I don't give a dime about

That's why I decided to move on and start on PVP.

I'm a 33 years old hard core gamer. I played games ever since I was a kid and I think I average at least 6 years of /played time only in MMOs. I do have a life (aka job, girlfriend [almost wife], friends), but I picked them all so they don't interfere too much with my gaming time - I can play from my job, my girl accepts the fact that I do spend a lot of times on games and most of my friends are gamers themselves.

I am mature, committed to succeed, loyal team player who doesn't mind neither the grind, neither the risk. But my biggest quality is that I'm a problem solver and not a whiner - when things go wrong, I don't start crying like a little girl, I just try to find the solution to solve the problem, no matter what it takes. Did I lost everything I had as result of a raid, a bug or a ban. Instead of crying over it, first thing I'll do next morning will be to start over, with twice as much dedication and desire to get back where I was and even farther.

On the bad part, I'm pretty much a jerk (although a loyal one) - harsh, rude, arrogant, selfish and confrontational. I have little to no care towards other people's feelings, except for those who are in my team. I always state my point of view even when I know this will offend some people, and I don't try to pack my message in nice words. I always listen to orders when given, but on the other hand I always comment them and demand explanations if things go wrong. I would spend all my time to help you, if you need it; on the other hand I will not spend even one minute of my time to help you, if you only greed it and you could help yourself.

Short version - I don't want to be a "hero" - loved by team mates and respected by enemies; I just want to be that guy feared by my enemies and tolerated by my team mates - to the point where they don't like me either, but they know they can count on me no matter what and that I could get the job done better than anyone else. I don't want to be a leader either (always hated when people forced me to become "officer" in other games), I just want to be that guy you can count on whenever is needed.

So... Chaos (preferred) or Epic - do you have an offer for me, let me know and LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!"

Draw your own conclusions as to the value of participating on offerings made by the OP, now and in the future.

=Ayes=

• Like 8

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Elen, April 24, 2014 - Off topic.
Hidden by Elen, April 24, 2014 - Off topic.

Well Its good to know who to avoid I suppose. 

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Elen, April 24, 2014 - Off topic.

hmmm, now Im curious as to how this evolved

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Elen, April 24, 2014 - Off topic.

The person who made this post has sold his Freedom accounts and deeds and moved to Chaos. It will be most interesting to see if anyone gets rewarded for their efforts in response to this "Contest". Outside in the real world there is some sort of escrow guarantee put in deposit for these sorts of offerings to provide some legitimacy to them. If you read the content of the OP there are provisions made to reduce payment to 10 silver with merely a response of it didn't meet the criteria of the OP. Then who is to say the ideas submitted did not provide the OP with aspects of a build he would later base of parts of the submitted responses.

Very doubtful anyone would get full payment and much less even the minimum now that this person has left the "carebears" behind, as he put it in another post that was moved to the Village Recruitment section. Posted below in the event the OP should later delete or edit it.

Draw your own conclusions as to the value of participating on offerings made by the OP, now and in the future.

=Ayes=

The rules were very clear - if I got to choose a design and use it, the prize will be 25s awarded by me; if I don't get to choose a design and use it, then there is a consolation prize of 10s paid by my, but awarded by public voting over the existing submissions. The guaranteed prize was always only 10s, the 25s was just if I totally fall in love with a design and decide to use it as it is. Anyway, if the deed plan was used or not can be easily verified in game at any given time, so is not about "marely a response".

I did sold some Freedom properties, but not all. I still have both deeds and characters on Pristine, also still conducting business on Pristine (btw please let me take advantage of this to promote my ventures: that and that). So, under no circumstances, I didn't quit the game or anything like this. Yes, maybe my priorities shifted a bit and I did ignore a bit this thread, but nothing was changed or canceled.

Contest is still on and going forward exactly as advertised in the first post.

If there is any doubt and any escrow service is wanted, I have no problem depositing the guaranteed prize of 10s or 10 euros in such an escrow service (aka a well known player). Ayes, do you want to assume this responsibility (for the peace of mind of yourself and anyone else)? I trade you 10s or 10 euros to your Pristine char (know you have one) which is the guaranteed prize and if I don't get to choose a winner by the end of the contest, you just hand the money to the submission with most votes; if I do chose a winner you just return me the money. If you are willing to please PM me to settle the details and it can be done even today.

In a different shift from subject, to anyone that made submissions, I will come with some extra feedback / responses later today or tomorrow.

Edited by ScarfaceRo
  • Like 2

Ok, I had time today, to finish my design.

here it is: http://pastebin.com/tkEPFUan

It has several levels of interlocking symetry, both straight and diagonally to pick up the straight flow from the main deed and merge into the somewhat diagonal coastline

• At the north centre at 80 elevation there is the Inn, with two passages up to the main deed. It has a two story tavern room with central oven (campfire) and several different sized bedrooms above.
  • East of the inn there is a small plateu for the guard tower, surrounded by a house (remove the center tower from writ). the other side has a sort of bell tower than can be used as a shrine.
  • At the centre of the deed at 40 elevation is the Trader house with surrounding merchant stalls (I had to use tables as DP hasn't got a stall model)
  • Then it goes down to the docks with two deep burrows for large ships and two gibber warehouses. and two shallow docking areas with warehouses for sail boats or knarrs.
  • The shallow docking can be used for under water farming too. (rice and reed)
  • Used some pillars to mark the edge of the deep water.
  • Then there are several houses with attached pens, for cattle or horses. They can be used as farms instead of enchnted grass too.
  • The landside perimeter can be used for trees.
  • The slopes throughout the deed can be used for trees as well or for bushes.
  • Somewhat different roof desing with flat accesible elements.

Keep in mind that Wurm itself can make proper diagonal roads.

finally some screenshots:x62jXxd.jpg

Edited by Keldun
  • Like 3

View hidden Post

Whilst I'm sure Ayes had the best intentions, the post was silly and pointless as OP said someone would get 10s nevertheless, which is still a great and kind offering.

Not to mention the fact that moving to Chaos doesn't make the topic obsolete.

Edited by Ocean
  • Like 1

I will come with some extra feedback / responses later today or tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to this. :) I've yet to see a submission that I don't like, personally.

View hidden Post

Whilst I'm sure Ayes had the best intentions, the post was silly and pointless as OP said someone would get 10s nevertheless, which is still a great and kind offering.

Not to mention the fact that moving to Chaos doesn't make the topic obsolete.

The OP also disappeared for a while and admitted to ignoring this thread.  Ayes stated a very good point basically that the OP could create such a contest and then take the submissions and run.  The OP only returned to this thread AFTER Ayes called him on his ######.  Not to mention Scarface is too busy ruining his future of pvp by running his mouth all over the forums.  The guy tied a short rope around his neck.

Ayes = valid points

Scarface Ro = sketchy

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

Cool contest. I hope everything goes smoothly.

I'm glad to see my Black Wolf mansion was used as you example house (top one with the snow)

Here it is here on my first wurm video!

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsO1bjlfnl0

• Like 3

View hidden Post

The OP also disappeared for a while and admitted to ignoring this thread. Ayes stated a very good point basically that the OP could create such a contest and then take the submissions and run. The OP only returned to this thread AFTER Ayes called him on his ######. Not to mention Scarface is too busy ruining his future of pvp by running his mouth all over the forums. The guy tied a short rope around his neck.

Ayes = valid points

Scarface Ro = sketchy

You really have a distorted view.

I didn't disappeared anywhere; I was online on forums every single day, at least for a few minutes.

I ignored the thread in the sense that I didn't bumped it; is not like someone asked for feedback or anything and didn't get it. Actually the post never lit (new posts) in my new content; when it did, I answered.

Yes, my priorities shifted, but that didn't mean the contest was canceled or anything. I started it and I'm not a kid, so I take full responsibility for my actions.

Such risks you talk about exist on each and every contest. The organizer could always quite, decide to not pick any winner or to pick the submission of a friend / alt and never give out the prize. I'm yet to see a single contest that had a guaranteed prize of some sort.

I tried my best to make my contest as safe for you as possible

- offered to close it before deadline if I decide on a design, so extra people don't end up doing free work

- offered to pay 10E or 10s even if I won't use any of the designs (which is a verifiable fact if I am using or not)

- offered to even let YOU decide the winner, instead of me, by vote, in this case, so I don't end up with whinings like it happened (from the same person) on a certain "name the tunnel" contest on Independence.

- even offered to escrow the money to a veteran player everyone (me included) could trust

Also I did three other things I don't seen anyone else done:

- offered feedback to people that requested it (both on thread and on PMs) so they can eventually adjust their submissions

- offered more than clear "instructions" about what I want, not only some vague ones

- offered very clear rules about the contest

Plus also remember that you always have two recourses:

- you can wait for the contest to be finished and if no prize (not even the consolation one) is awarded, report me to GMs

- if only consolation prize was given, you can wait a while for the contest to be finished, check the spot (clearly marked on the map) and see if your design was used without you being paid for it; if that's the case, once again, report me to GMs

'Till then, while I clearly state that the contest is still ON and all of the rules were respect, please stop derailing my thread and scare away possible contestants. Also note that the contest goes for 40 days and it was started only 6 days ago; it's not like I ignored it for a month. And yes, with other things having priorities (like RL with Easter and thing and my PVP character) I really think that checking and answering once per week is more than reasonable.

Now really, if that's still sketchy for you and you want more, just go BEEP yourself! Show me a single contest that handled this better and offered more guarantees and we'll talk more, till then you are ignored. I just think that's a low strategy to discourage other contestants to make their submissions.

Edited by ScarfaceRo

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 6, 2014 - Removed - Thread wipe
Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 6, 2014 - Removed - Thread wipe

ScarefaceRo,

When I first saw the exorbitant figure of 25 silver that you were offering as reflected in your post title I thought I would read further to see why you would pay out so much for a Contest. Upon reading your OP it struck me as a classic bait and switch. One offers a very high price that is out of the norm to attract attention and in your case submissions for a deed design. Then a provision is added to reduce that amount to 10 silver under circumstances that no participant in the Contest could validly contest, since the OP could simply state that the submissions did not meet their own subjective standards to qualify for the full amount of 25 silver. 

So as not to derail your thread I did not point this out at the time and decided to let your Contest continue without further comment, thinking that perhaps some of the more astute readers would pick up on this backdoor escape route to a 10 silver payout instead of the 25 silver prize post headline. Also I thought some others might remember your similar reward offering for finding a suitable place to build your deed, where you ultimately purchased one from someone else instead. Whatever the end result was of that Reward or whatever it was called I am not clear on but I thought it might give some pause when one reflected upon this Contest in relation to that other offering and what the payout, if any, would actually be.

The days passed on and players thought it worth their time to contribute their submissions to this Contest; thus in fact they did. Then you make this rashly worded post on Town Square:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://forum.wurmonl...pvp-recruit-me/

["Although I followed the game quite close for a couple of years, I only start playing recently. But once I've done it, I knew I was bound to it; it's the first game in years that actually made me lose track of time while playing it.

Result - more than 10 hours of game time per day (not counting the two alts I tried):

[03:02:56] You entered through the portal to Wurm on Wrath day, week 4 of the Raven's starfall, 1038. That's 46 days, 11 hours and 27 minutes ago.

[03:02:56] You have played 19 days, 13 hours and 42 minutes.

I made the mistake to start playing on Pristine (don't ask me why - I had my reasons, but proved to be wrong ones). And although I loved the game and I met some great people, there were three things that bothered me big time:

- there was almost no team play involved; pretty much everyone seemed to be focus on his / her own deed and character, trading was the main interaction reason between people and literally there was almost no team work (even allies traded things for coins, instead of helping each other in most cases)

- there was no way to deal with grievers other than /support tickets and F#C$ - I'm a man, not a little girl to go whining to game officials (who in the most cases won't only give a warning) for every little a$$ I encounter

- and talking about whining... boy, I just got tired about all the carebear whiners crying over every single problem or every single game change; also people that treat server chat as their personal blog stating every action they do and every skill up I don't give a dime about

That's why I decided to move on and start on PVP.

I'm a 33 years old hard core gamer. I played games ever since I was a kid and I think I average at least 6 years of /played time only in MMOs. I do have a life (aka job, girlfriend [almost wife], friends), but I picked them all so they don't interfere too much with my gaming time - I can play from my job, my girl accepts the fact that I do spend a lot of times on games and most of my friends are gamers themselves.

I am mature, committed to succeed, loyal team player who doesn't mind neither the grind, neither the risk. But my biggest quality is that I'm a problem solver and not a whiner - when things go wrong, I don't start crying like a little girl, I just try to find the solution to solve the problem, no matter what it takes. Did I lost everything I had as result of a raid, a bug or a ban. Instead of crying over it, first thing I'll do next morning will be to start over, with twice as much dedication and desire to get back where I was and even farther.

On the bad part, I'm pretty much a jerk (although a loyal one) - harsh, rude, arrogant, selfish and confrontational. I have little to no care towards other people's feelings, except for those who are in my team. I always state my point of view even when I know this will offend some people, and I don't try to pack my message in nice words. I always listen to orders when given, but on the other hand I always comment them and demand explanations if things go wrong. I would spend all my time to help you, if you need it; on the other hand I will not spend even one minute of my time to help you, if you only greed it and you could help yourself.

Short version - I don't want to be a "hero" - loved by team mates and respected by enemies; I just want to be that guy feared by my enemies and tolerated by my team mates - to the point where they don't like me either, but they know they can count on me no matter what and that I could get the job done better than anyone else. I don't want to be a leader either (always hated when people forced me to become "officer" in other games), I just want to be that guy you can count on whenever is needed.

So... Chaos (preferred) or Epic - do you have an offer for me, let me know and LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!"]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

A post such as this condemning the "carebare whiners", which by the way are contributors to this contest, while also labeling yourself as:

"a jerk (although a loyal one) - harsh, rude, arrogant, selfish and confrontational. I have little to no care towards other people's feelings, except for those who are in my team."

does not inspire much confidence that you will fulfill even the minimum Contest reward of 10 silver. So after 5 days passing with no further response to your contestants within this post I thought it worthwhile to finally make my response within your thread here pointing out to others these comments and that you were also now actively selling accounts and deeds on the PvE servers.

Perhaps you are just a misunderstood innocent in this whole situation as you claim to be; however, by your own words within the above post you claim to be an arrogant person who has little concern for others feelings and are content to abuse others in that respect if it makes you feel superior to these carebare whiners. Although I doubt you are as bad as you inadvertently portray yourself to be with the above statements; nevertheless, there is a ring of truth revealed within them that would lend credence of my initial impression of your OP as mentioned above.

As for your offering that I should hold 10 silver of funds as a guarantee. I would not be willing to assume your responsibility to disperse any payments, nor tarnish what positive reputation I have built up by associating myself in any way with this Contest that you have created. How it will all play out in the end is up to you. I have only brought this all up for others to consider and come to their own conclusions according to statements you have made and other rewards offered in the past.

Ones reputation is important within this small game community of Wurm and thus I find it is best to choose ones words wisely when expressing thoughts upon the forums rather than speaking rashly in terms that will later be regretted. I have made this mistake myself in the past, so I know whereof I speak. Treating others kindly will in the end be the best reward appreciated and embraced by others. Hopefully things will turn out well for those who have participated in this Contest and they will not be disappointed with the results, for therein your obligation resides.

=Ayes=

• Like 3

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 6, 2014 - Removed - Thread wipe

First thing that looks as hypocritical to me is that you are the one to open the subject, that usually on such contests IRL there is an escrow found and a third trusted party who guarantees that prize is being given out. Then, when I say I am more than willing to do this and that I'm even willing to accept you as such a third party to calm down your (or anyone's else worries) you just back off.

Am I an arrogant jerk who doesn't give a dime about other people? Yes, I might be, It is OK to not like me and tell other people to not like me for this? Sure, be my guest. But that doesn't make me a thief or a scammer. I am here since less than two months and I made transactions with other players involving real life money of more than 200 euros (including a few very reputable players like Blastspawn or JDBooker). Sold and bought coins, deeds, characters and assets (some of the deals sounding "too good to be true" just because I was acting on the impulse - yet they were all true) and I challenge anyone who did bought or sold anything to publicly say here if they end up being cheated. And until you have any prove that I did anything like that (not simple suppositions) please don't induce this idea. Yes, undoubtedly, there are people who don't like me and also, undoubtedly, I try to make things work in my advantage - but not by cheating or stealing.

It is true I don't give a darn about reputation. I don't aim to trade or hug with people. I don't aim to be loved or respected. I save these wishes for where they really matter - Real Life. Yet, I have my live principles which dictates me to stick with my word and I also don't want to risk my accounts getting banned (which could happen if I would not award at least the consolation prize at the end of the contest). That's why I will stick with my word - because not doing so will make me lose the respect of the only person I care about (myself) and because it will risk the security of my accounts; not because I care what you, anyone or even everyone else think about.

You mentioned my other contest - I clearly specified there too that I will pay the prize only if I decide to deed the place and I even asked people showing me places to secure them so they are undeedable (place 1x1 shacks to prevent deeding). Anyway, anyone who showed me such a place, can check at any time and confirm that I didn't deeded any of those places. I didn't found any such deed, I didn't placed any deed, so there was no winner. Yes, some people ended up "working" for free, but I didn't benefited in any way of their work. And that's the difference between a contest and a contract - on a contract you are guaranteed to be paid, on a contest you are paid (usually much higher compared with the case of a contract) only if the organizer picks your submission. It works just like that in any environment.

About this contest, if I actually do end up using a design or not is something that can be easily verifiable on site. Is not like one has to trust my word for it, but can check with his or her own eyes at any time in the future. And I don't know what do you think, but I find it totally outrageous to pay 25s if I won't use any of the submitted designs, so I could have simply say that I reserve myself the right to not award any prize if I don't particularly like any submission. But I tried to stay fair and found a middle ground for that case - to not pay the full amount for something I won't use, yet make sure that people don't end up working out totally for free; that's why I made that guaranteed consolation prize, where I don't even have the say of whom gets the coins.

TBH I'm kinda bothered of that attitude and if it wouldn't be my own principle of fairness, I would cancel this contest right now and just forget about posting on forums. But jerk or not, once I give my word on something I keep it, so although my interest in this contest is minimal at the moment, it will go on as it was launched and a prize will be awarded.

I edited this post since some of the posts to which I replied were deleted (thanks moderators) and TBH I'm kinda tired with all this useless bitchering and I really have better things to do with my time instead of answering to all these nonsense acusations. So this will be my last answer regarding this problem, and any further post will be only about the contest submissions themselves, which btw I'm reviewing right now in details.

Thank you everyone who made a submission! And feel free to keep send more - the contest is still going on as planned.

Edited by ScarfaceRo

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, April 24, 2014 - OT
Hidden by sunsvortex, April 24, 2014 - OT

[08:16:22] You start working with the salted butter on the popcorn

[08:17:22] You almost made it, but the popcorn is damaged.

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, April 24, 2014 - Inflammatory
Hidden by sunsvortex, April 24, 2014 - Inflammatory

Sounds like a scam to me, Most likely the OP will use one design with minimal changes, and will pay 10s, only because he was outed.  Thats how jerks operate.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, April 24, 2014 - Flaming
Hidden by sunsvortex, April 24, 2014 - Flaming

I'll hold your 10 silver.

View hidden Post

Ok, I had time today, to finish my design.

here it is: http://pastebin.com/tkEPFUan

It has several levels of interlocking symetry, both straight and diagonally to pick up the straight flow from the main deed and merge into the somewhat diagonal coastline

• At the north centre at 80 elevation there is the Inn, with two passages up to the main deed. It has a two story tavern room with central oven (campfire) and several different sized bedrooms above.

East of the inn there is a small plateu for the guard tower, surrounded by a house (remove the center tower from writ). the other side has a sort of bell tower than can be used as a shrine.

At the centre of the deed at 40 elevation is the Trader house with surrounding merchant stalls (I had to use tables as DP hasn't got a stall model)

Then it goes down to the docks with two deep burrows for large ships and two gibber warehouses. and two shallow docking areas with warehouses for sail boats or knarrs.

The shallow docking can be used for under water farming too. (rice and reed)

Used some pillars to mark the edge of the deep water.

Then there are several houses with attached pens, for cattle or horses. They can be used as farms instead of enchnted grass too.

The landside perimeter can be used for trees.

The slopes throughout the deed can be used for trees as well or for bushes.

Somewhat different roof desing with flat accesible elements.

Keep in mind that Wurm itself can make proper diagonal roads.

Thank you, Keldun. That's a really, really nice design and I have to say that I was totally impressed by your attention to details. The inn looks like a real inn - with tables and stuff at the first floor and rooms (including two premiums) at the second floor. Pretty much the inn is exactly what I was wishing for. It's also nice you thought at a way to connect with the rest of the deed. Also nice way to help achieve some height. I love that

The dock is really interested (with the warehouses on sides), but here I'm kinda sold to Glomby's idea. But yeah, with two big docks, two shallow docks and four wearehouses it indeed looks like a living hub of commerce.

The houses themselves with so many pens don't really make much sense for me since the living quarters were not planned down there, but if the deed should have also fitted people houses, they would have made a great addition.

Generally talking, I really like you design (is the second best from those I evaluated far now in my eyes), but it's not exactly what I was looking for... the diagonal dock would make sense if the deed would be only the contest section (or it it would be square), but with a 69x23 deed it looks a bit odd to me.

I wish you the very best of luck on the public vote (if no winner will be chosen by then) and I have to say that, most probably, I will borrow the inn design.

PS [iMPORTANT]: I kinda realized that I love bits from each of your submissions, but not really a submission as a whole. I know that I could just borrow pieces of designs from here and there, make my own and don't own anyone anything (other than the guaranteed consolation prize), just like anyone seeing this thread could do. Yet, I would feel that this would kinda mean cheating on you, so I will propose an addition to the rules, allowing me to spread the prize between more contestants - will think how to word it exactly (so the naysayers don't comment again) and I will ask for your feedback. Hopefully today if nothing else comes up.

View hidden Post

So, who gets the money

View hidden Post

So, who gets the money

Whoever will win the contest.

View hidden Post

Can I have comment on my entry? I'm up for a revision if I'm bored enough tomorrow...

View hidden Post

Can I have comment on my entry? I'm up for a revision if I'm bored enough tomorrow...

Sorry, you must have edited it the entry, that's why I must have missed it. Looking at it right now.

OK, later edit: So... thank you for your submission; I checked it and here are my thoughts:

- The docks look really interesting... not only the little island (which I love because of the natural look you gave to with that bump), but also the wooden ones on both sides; 

- All buildings are nice (not really fall in love with any of them, but they are all nice), but a bit too crowded - one tile road between them with no trees or anything looks a bit too... "efficient"

- However the bigger problem is that the diagonal road makes no sense (even less sense compared with Kemdun's dock)... I mean, as I said before, the whole deed was planned as 69x23 (69 on NS axis) with this being the first third (the public part of the deed), so any roads should go directly towards north (to the rest of the deed) not to one side (in our case NE) which is out of deed.

It's a really nice design, but unfortunately definitely not what I was looking for.

You are free to try to revise it, of course, but considering that it is as a whole thought with a diagonal symmetry and that wouldn't make much sense with the deed continuing just north, I doubt this could be easily be done, so I would advise against wasting your time with it.

Edited by ScarfaceRo

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, May 1, 2014 - trolling
Hidden by sunsvortex, May 1, 2014 - trolling

I'll hold the consolation money for you.

View hidden Post

Reserved.

Edited by Lovefall