Sign in to follow this  
ScarfaceRo

[CONTEST; 25s prize] Calling out all architects and deed planners

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, May 1, 2014 - trolling
Hidden by sunsvortex, May 1, 2014 - trolling

I'll hold the consolation money if you'd like.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 6, 2014 - Removed - Thread wipe
Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 6, 2014 - Removed - Thread wipe

When will this come to a vote?

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 6, 2014 - Removed - Thread wipe

When will this come to a vote?

Is reading hard for you? Because the exact contest rules are mentioned in the first post.

Quoting from rules:

However, since obviously the contest could not run indefinitely, if after 40 days I still didn't settled on any design, I will automatically close it at that time and reward a "consolation prize" of 10s. Just that in this case I won't pick the winner (it would be hard to do so considering I didn't really liked any of the entries), but instead just let the community chose the winner and reward the prize to the design with most "likes" (from valid accounts - made before this date and with at least 100 posts).

April 17th + 40 days = May 27th

But I don't know why you're so anxious about it, because, due to your behavior in this thread (which had to be moderated two times), your submissions fall under another rule:

Disclaimer: There are a few people with whom I had open conflicts. I consider those people not eligible to participate in this contest. If you suspect you may be one of these people (if you ever backed off from a deal we had running, if you insulted me or if you stolen anything from my deed) please PM me before making a submission to be sure you'll not work for free, just to have your entry not being considered.

Edited by ScarfaceRo

View hidden Post

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone with such an excessive level of self importance.  Reviewing what Slickshot has posted, there's nothing to indicate he's had any form of conflict with you, but merely asked a question.  For someone's who's played "a bit over a month" you're awfully cocksure of yourself, and to me, you reek of one of those social rejects who's ostracized himself from the Wurm community in the past who comes back with a different persona.  And no, your self proclaimed disposition as an ###### who doesn't care about anybody doesn't make you a tough guy, it makes you a socially retarded fool.

• Like 3

View hidden Post

Is reading hard for you? Because the exact contest rules are mentioned in the first post.

Quoting from rules:

However, since obviously the contest could not run indefinitely, if after 40 days I still didn't settled on any design, I will automatically close it at that time and reward a "consolation prize" of 10s. Just that in this case I won't pick the winner (it would be hard to do so considering I didn't really liked any of the entries), but instead just let the community chose the winner and reward the prize to the design with most "likes" (from valid accounts - made before this date and with at least 100 posts).

April 17th + 40 days = May 27th

But I don't know why you're so anxious about it, because, due to your behavior in this thread (which had to be moderated two times), your submissions fall under another rule:

Disclaimer: There are a few people with whom I had open conflicts. I consider those people not eligible to participate in this contest. If you suspect you may be one of these people (if you ever backed off from a deal we had running, if you insulted me or if you stolen anything from my deed) please PM me before making a submission to be sure you'll not work for free, just to have your entry not being considered.

Hey, shooting yourself in the foot is your choice.  At first I remember you saying "after a month" and you also never had a disclaimer.  Basically you are holding a contest where you change the rules on a whim, which is not very smart seeing as how you have to play with the people in this game and all you're doing is pissing them off and showing how you can't be trusted.

Be glad, for your sake, the moderators don't backup player agreements and transactions, otherwise you'd be screwed.

For the record, it does me some satisfaction to be the highest voted so far on this contest and for you to retroactively clamp my opportunity PUBLICLY.  Thank you ;)

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

View hidden Post

Hey, shooting yourself in the foot is your choice.  At first I remember you saying "after a month" and you also never had a disclaimer.  Basically you are holding a contest where you change the rules on a whim, which is not very smart seeing as how you have to play with the people in this game and all you're doing is pissing them off and showing how you can't be trusted.

If you have anger management problems I recommend you a relaxation video.

Otherwise I don't added new rules; I just quoted the original post, which was last edit on April 18th, way before any of your attacks started (you know, those that had to be deleted by moderators) and only 6 hours after I originally made the post. The reason was just to strike the rule that allowed me to not offer any prize at all, since by that time I already received three decent submissions, as it can be seen here.

Since then, there was absolutely no change, and it can easily be seen by anyone who bothers to look: Edited by ScarfaceRo, 18 April 2014 - 02:01 AM.

Now if your memory is playing you tricks and you think that I managed to somehow change the rules without the editing showing up on the forum, I'm sorry, but that's totally behind of my (or anyone else without specialized medical training) abilities to help you.

And to anyone else bitching: no offense, but my contest, my money, my rules - they were clearly mentioned, they were never changed and if you don't like them... well, that's your problem; for myself I couldn't care less...

Edited by ScarfaceRo

View hidden Post

If you have anger management problems I recommend you a relaxation video.

Otherwise I don't added new rules; I just quoted the original post, which was last edit on April 18th, way before any of your attacks started (you know, those that had to be deleted by moderators) and only 6 hours after I originally made the post. The reason was just to strike the rule that allowed me to not offer any prize at all, since by that time I already received three decent submissions, as it can be seen here.

Since then, there was absolutely no change, and it can easily be seen by anyone who bothers to look: Edited by ScarfaceRo, 18 April 2014 - 02:01 AM.

Now if your memory is playing you tricks and you think that I managed to somehow change the rules without the editing showing up on the forum, I'm sorry, but that's totally behind of my (or anyone else without specialized medical training) abilities to help you.

And to anyone else bitching: no offense, but my contest, my money, my rules - they were clearly mentioned, they were never changed and if you don't like them... well, that's your problem; for myself I couldn't care less...

Well if we're being honest...an exchange of in-game currency (you also offered real money if need be) falls under the rules of scamming if seen fit.  Changing the rules on a whim (this is 3 times now I believe?) with a contest dealing in money is really sketchy. 

Also, you continuing to harass me and bash me with the "the moderators removed your posts dont you remember?" is also a no-no.  Read the rules.

• Like 1

View hidden Post

meh useless.  was a fun idea when  u brought this up and kept ur mouth shut, sadly though, you opened ur mouth and angerd most players. this should be closed. considering no one is participating now nor cares to :-)

• Like 2

View hidden Post

meh useless.  was a fun idea when  u brought this up and kept ur mouth shut, sadly though, you opened ur mouth and angerd most players. this should be closed. considering no one is participating now nor cares to :-)

Agreed. If only there were a way we could ask to have this closed...

View hidden Post

Can't be bothered to waste more time dealing with thread derailing comments...

Hopefully moderators can clean this up.

View hidden Post

Can't be bothered to waste more time dealing with thread derailing comments...

Hopefully moderators can clean this up.

Agreed, locking it up seems the best course.

View hidden Post

Hmm, which should I pick? Salted, sweet or buttered?

• Like 1

View hidden Post

Technically his first post fell well within the rules you had put forth. There were also no issues between either of you at that point.

This edit you are talking about, is when you added your disclaimer I assume. Seeing as Slickshot's first entry and most popular submission to your contest was made on the 17th, the day before you added that. I think that submission should still be considered if a vote is ever called for on this contest.

Just my two cents, have a nice day.

• Like 1

View hidden Post

Hmm, which should I pick? Salted, sweet or buttered?

Salted, he will need the butter for when he pulls a stunt like this in Chaos.

Edited by Rathgar
  • Like 2

View hidden Post

Could you please stop discussing this here? I don't know what kind of issues exist between you, and I don't really care. I saw this contest, thought it was fun and I sent my submission like many other people. It's quite sad to come here and only see attacks and harsh words.

Please, have a little respect for the people who have worked to make a submission and let the contest continue until OP decides a winner or winners. We all knew this was a very subjective contest, because it involves a lot of things, and that choosing a winner would be very difficult. Many things could happen in the meantime, like abandoning the place or having another idea for it or whatever. Ignoring all the issues, this was fun and I would like to keep it that way, so please... leave the rest out of the thread.

Edited by Glomby
  • Like 1

View hidden Post

Could you please stop discussing this here? I don't know what kind of issues exist between you, and I don't really care. I saw this contest, thought it was fun and I sent my submission like many other people. It's quite sad to come here and only see attacks and harsh words.

Please, have a little respect for the people who have worked to make a submission and let the contest continue until OP decides a winner or winners. We all knew this was a very subjective contest, because it involves a lot of things, and that choosing a winner would be very difficult. Many things could happen in the meantime, like abandoning the place or having another idea for it or whatever. Ignoring all the issues, this was fun and I would like to keep it that way, so please... leave the rest out of the thread.

He derailed his own thread.

Edited by Slickshot

After some discussion, it has been decided to remove any posts not relating directly as a legitimate question or entry to the contest. If you believe that the OP is not trustworthy, then simply do not place an entry. You enter a player run auction/contest at your own risk, and if you have any further questions about the legitimacy of the thread, then PM the OP directly, and not post it on this thread.

Any further posts as to the legitimacy of the contest will be removed, and warnings dealt.

Regards,

Shrimpiie (Board Moderator)

• Like 4

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, May 7, 2014 - trolling
Hidden by Jberg, May 7, 2014 - trolling

After some discussion, it has been decided to remove any posts not relating directly as a legitimate question or entry to the contest. If you believe that the OP is not trustworthy, then simply do not place an entry. You enter a player run auction/contest at your own risk, and if you have any further questions about the legitimacy of the thread, then PM the OP directly, and not post it on this thread.

Any further posts as to the legitimacy of the contest will be removed, and warnings dealt.

Regards,

Good man Shrimpoo.

Regards,

A questionable decision in terms of censorship of legitimate concerns regarding this concept. To try to stifle opinions that are presented in a reasonable manner with associated questions about the validity of this type of a "contest" is a poor approach to encourage the presentation of diverse opinions upon this topic, as well as all others. Remove abuse to be sure but legitimate concerns should not be suppressed in this manner. 

=Ayes=

• Like 2

A questionable decision in terms of censorship of legitimate concerns regarding this concept. To try to stifle opinions that are presented in a reasonable manner with associated questions about the validity of this type of a "contest" is a poor approach to encourage the presentation of diverse opinions upon this topic, as well as all others. Remove abuse to be sure but legitimate concerns should not be suppressed in this manner. 

=Ayes=

You have a thing for derailing threads it seems.  I totally agree that having concerns is good, however I also agree that they should indeed be spoken about privately in pm.  Posting on someone's topic just to make them look like an ass and to make yourself look like a "hero" of the people is questionable itself.  You've already tried derailing one thread today, how about you stop now and let this contest meet it's end soon in peace.

According to his own rules if a vote comes, I will win.  The technicalities of his posts have bound him in a set of locked rules the way I see it, so just let it ride out.

Hello Scarface.

the original content was 25 silver for the design you pick, or 10 Silver for the most popuar one if you use none.

So far you haven't picked one single design, but you said that you are likely going to use several pieces.

So how about you pay the 10S for the winner and distribute the remainng 15S between the ones you like?

• Like 1

Hello Scarface.

the original content was 25 silver for the design you pick, or 10 Silver for the most popuar one if you use none.

So far you haven't picked one single design, but you said that you are likely going to use several pieces.

So how about you pay the 10S for the winner and distribute the remainng 15S between the ones you like?

Good suggestion.  10s to the submission with the most votes and split up the remaining silver.

For anyone counting May 27th is 40 days from the start i can't wait to see who wins ...gl everyone :)

• Like 1

Just an idea for one building, not the entire deed:

XzJtzLC.pngvCiKr2J.png

Also built something so big that DeedPlanner couldn't load the file unless I turned AA and mipmaps off...whoops.