Sign in to follow this  
Badgirl

Strawberry Wine

Strawberry Juice + syrup = Strawberry Wine

The ingredients are already available, just need the recipe.

With the addition of Rice Wine we have a wine with a farmable ingredient but it takes 30 skill for any chance to make it.

Strawberry Wine could be lower end wine for aspiring winemakers at low skill. It could have reduced or no stam regen to balance out the ease of making it.

+1 on the strawberry wine!

altho as strawberries are hard to farm id say make it high end wine :)

Strawberry Juce +. 

Idea of requiring 30 skill to make it  huge fat -1 as, you mentioned that it will be lower end.

Moreover I dont see the reason why is should be harder to mix strawberry juice with syrup, than mixing grape juice with syrup.

I think you misread, I think she was suggesting that this have a lower skill requirement than the Rice Wine which I'd think is requiring 30 skill to create.

Anyways, Strawberry Wine, yum.

+1

I think you misread, I think she was suggesting that this have a lower skill requirement than the Rice Wine which I'd think is requiring 30 skill to create.

+1

in that case im inn

+1 on the strawberry wine!

altho as strawberries are hard to farm id say make it high end wine :)

If strawberrys are hard to farm then this suggestion could have  the added benefit of creating a market for strawberry farmers.

+1

Yes this is what I meant. Rice Wine doesnt even appear on the crafting menu till 20 beverage skill.

We could also use blueberries to make blueberry wine. I've seen it done in RL. Why not in Wurm?

But we;d have to change formula a bit since grape juice + syrup gives a wine, but strawberry juice + syrup gives us lemonade.  

To make things bit more real and fun such recipies should be (extending from classic wine to fruit wines and meads)

Classic wine :

2kg of juice + 2kg of syrup = wine base  - wine base + mushroom (black, yellow, red ) = wine 

Strawberry wine

2k of juice + 2kg of syrup = wine base --> and as follows.

Other wines should as follow.

Mead :

its far more different. 2kg of honey  +  1-4 kg of water would give mead base of different class ( I - IV). Mead base + mushroom would give mead, thus low ql.

I made myself  a home made mead ( 4kg of honey + 11 litres of water). So i know what im talkin bout.

Additional extension :

Well if you start making wine and mix all the required stuff to make a wine base you have to have apropriate amout of liquid and "sugar".

But initial amount of sugar would be sufficient to start a wine and go on for a some time. Adding small amount of sugar would extend process (in terms of Wurm increased QL) adding bigger amounts would make wine sweet. 

In basic words :)

adding syrup to a wine would  turn  classic wine into a sweet wine and so on.