Sign in to follow this  
Bertyegg

Bee Keeping and Brewing

Don't forget the natural enemy of bees:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_gLQEKytnI

CCD is because of GMO plants using toxic herbicide/pesticides that the GMO plants are engineered to resist but the natural habitats of bees/other pollinators are not.

Neonicotinoid Pesticides are bee's enemies and we are losing the pollinators.

This is a serious issue that I take very seriously because without pollinators not only do we not have the list mentioned in a post above but we also lose 1 out of every 3 bites of food that we humans eat.

If you want to help please go to beeaction dot org and tell your local nurseries/greenhouses/garden shops/lowes/home depot to stop selling bee killing neonicotinoid pesticides!

We humans really are doing a number to ourselves and I fear the end result is human extinction and a devastated planet (which yes, means no wurm for anybody if we don't get our act together; unless you can somehow simulate wurm in your mind after you are long dead and just an orb of energy).

As for the topic, yes, add bees to the game as well as other insects, why not?

Wild Honey could be a real nice boost for the survivalists wandering through the wilderness out there.

Edited by Seikitai

CCD is because of GMO plants using toxic herbicide/pesticides that the GMO plants are engineered to resist but the natural habitats of bees/other pollinators are not.

Neonicotinoid Pesticides are bee's enemies

That's one theory anyway.

We humans really are doing a number to ourselves and I fear the end result is human extinction and a devastated planet

While you may have been generalizing at this point, if we make ourselves go extinct, it will not be because we made the bees go extinct first. There are places already where all bees have been eradicated (specifically at least one region in China did it). Losing their bees was very bad, but now humans are doing the bees' job.

Make no mistake, I support any effort to save bees, but their destruction would not result in human death, only more work.

Edited by Nmenth

That's one theory anyway.

While you may have been generalizing at this point, if we make ourselves go extinct, it will not be because we made the bees go extinct first. There are places already where all bees have been eradicated (specifically at least one region in China did it). Losing their bees was very bad, but now humans are doing the bees' job.

Make no mistake, I suppose any effort to save bees, but their destruction would not result in human death, only more work.

That is only one of the problems they are doing to themselves, they are also feeding those gmo crops to their own people.

Not to mention the other toxic additives, anyway this is going off topic so.

I don't want to live in a world without bee's or other pollinators, it means we get no fruit or anything that needs pollinated. No, humans won't do the bee's job because humans are failures.

Nothing good comes with destroying a functioning ecosystem to make profits of a value-less currency that you literally made up out of thin air.

What is worth more, your lives or your money?

Anyway, honey mead and wild honey, beeswax, etc all would be great additions to the game.

As for the other topic at hand, nothing will ever justify forced species extinction, ever.

Species should only go extinct when they can no longer evolve and adapt, not when they were all poisoned to death.

No, humans won't do the bee's job because humans are failures.

Yes, human's will do it, they already are doing it.

Would be fun if there were beehives randomly spawning in trees. The bees would not be real mobs or entities but if you try to harvest or take the beehives you get a little bit of damage and in the chat it would say: "You got stung by a bee, auch!" There could be a 0,5% chance to get stung by a bee if you forage or botanize flower bushes to make them feel more alive. You can get bees as an item too and put them in bee boxes made from wood to farm honey and wax.

There could be a few items to help you farm bees. Like a bee helmet and bee gloves.

Should not be too hard to implement.

would also be a nice replacement for maple syrup which I believe is ripe for 22 hours every 40 something days which really sucks if you want to make items like wine - rice wine - cakes jams ect specially if you can't log in and spend 9 hours harvesting millions of maple trees

I'd keep the initial idea simple though

1 bee hive - 1 bee type - a players skill in animal husbandry and the QL of the hive would allow players to harvest them every week to ten days or just make them coal pile ish where they just produce every so many hours