Sign in to follow this  
Moonbeam

Sleep bonus when you buy premium with silvers

I am curious as to why we don't get sleep powder when we purchase premium time in game?  I sold a heap of stuff to get 10s together to buy premium and got no sleep powder.  Why?  Can we please get an hour of sleep bonus if we purchase premium time in game? Thanks.

• Like 1

The powder is an incentive to pay via the shop and was introduced when the price rises came in.

I don't see this changing

Speaking as a player here, my understanding is that it is an incentive  to purchase time from the webshop.

Buying play time ingame using silvers only recycles money that has already been paid for.

Buying from the shop how-ever gives fresh direct income to Code Club for the running of the game.

Archaed and Kediec are correct.  No sleep powders is the penalty you pay for using ingame cash instead of RL money for prem time, and it won't be changing.  This is true even for the first time you pay prem.  If it is the first time, you will get 2 silvers back, a referral you can sell, but no sleep powder.

-1 indeed, above posts explain why. I hope this never changes.

Speaking as a player here, my understanding is that it is an incentive  to purchase time from the webshop.

Buying play time ingame using silvers only recycles money that has already been paid for.

Buying from the shop how-ever gives fresh direct income to Code Club for the running of the game.

16E worth of silver for one month paying IG. I don't see why Wurm needs to punish people that cant afford to buy via the shop more with the sleep powder, I think paying twice the price is enough punishment.

+1 to OP.

Edited by AlexLong

Wurm is not putting enough value on these people and what they do for the game as a whole. They help alot of economic acitivity and they help populate the servers making the game less boring.
No one in their right mind is going to buy prem with silver unless they absoutely have no choice. So if it was up to me, I'd be focusing more on trying to keep them around.

Edited by AlexLong

Support the devs via IRL money, and then you can get the extra thank you.

-1, he could have raised the ingame cost for premium as well, but he didn't. Now since we pay more with real money, the sleep powders are a little bonus we get.

I use to pay my prem time with irl money even if i could with IG money because i want to support the devs.

There should be even more rewards for people who pay with IRL money.

Wurm is not putting enough value on these people and what they do for the game as a whole. They help alot of economic acitivity and they help populate the servers making the game less boring.

No one in their right mind is going to buy prem with silver unless they absoutely have no choice. So if it was up to me, I'd be focusing more on trying to keep them around.

so you want to play for free.... and get gifts as if you payed for the game.....   interesting.

• Like 1

First month of premium:

Payment: -10s

Referral: 6.5s

Starting money: 2s

Sleep powder: 2.5s

---------------------------

1s

If this was implemented, you'd have a net gain of 1s if you buy premium for the first time - yeah right!

Edited by Xandaros

Except, we have one issue....

We have traders, so adding that sleep powder, which could then be sold, would destroy any point in using the webstore.

You'd be seeing more WTB gold threads, so people could prem for cheaper then they can through the webstore.... Infact, you get the right seller, and you already can do this.

-1, while I appreciate that it's possible to play for free if you work hard, you shouldn't get the same rewards as the people financing the game.

Well, meet one of the crazies.  I have used only ingame money to pay for prem and for my deed for almost 3 years now.  And you know what?  I don't miss the sleep powders at all.  They aren't a necessary part of the game; you can still get plenty of SB without them.  And sleep bonus is not 100% necessary either, you can still gain skills, just slower.  I do have a choice whether to pay RL money or use silvers, and choose to use the silvers.  I understood perfectly why no sleep powders are given and I agreed with the rule from day one.

I'll also admit that for the first 2 years I played I paid RL money, and lots of it.  My deed cost me 1 gold, and I had to buy the money for that from the store at the time.  So I have no pity for the ones that want to play for free from day one.  It's possible, but it's going to be hard for you, and you don't get the bonuses RL money gives you.  They should look at it this way: when they finally are successful enough to own a deed and craft anything, they can have the satisfaction that they did it, and they did it the hard way.

Edited by Vroomfondel

No way should sleep powder be given to those players who bypass the Wurm Shop to pay for the game, as at least this is one sensible perk they get to encourage them to pay for their premium through the Wurm Shop, which is where the game gets its income from.

Better yet, I counter your suggestion by suggesting that premium time *must* be paid for through the Wurm Shop only. This would then eliminate one loophole through which the game looses income. Another hole in the dyke patched without the use of a necessary finger better applied to other tasks.

=Ayes=

No way should sleep powder be given to those players who bypass the Wurm Shop to pay for the game, as at least this is one sensible perk they get to encourage them to pay for their premium through the Wurm Shop, which is where the game gets its income from.

Better yet, I counter your suggestion by suggesting that premium time *must* be paid for through the Wurm Shop only. This would then eliminate one loophole through which the game looses income. Another hole in the dyke patched without the use of a necessary finger better applied to other tasks.

=Ayes=

"Cough" and all items from traders while were at it instead from wurm shop to your bak. ^_^

/master plan progressing as planned! >_>

-1, want the perks of people paying with real money, then pay with real money.

You should be grateful of being able to pay for prem with silver, don´t need to ask for more.

16E worth of silver for one month paying IG. I don't see why Wurm needs to punish people that cant afford to buy via the shop more with the sleep powder, I think paying twice the price is enough punishment.

+1 to OP.

The "twice the price" clause only applies to those purchasing the silver or premium time via RMT.  If you're buying silver form Rolf to pay in-game for premium time.. kind of doing it wrong.  If you're not paying for the original silver/shop based premium time, then it actually costs that person nothing but the time it took to earn the coin, which is the same value as what it was before the RMT costs increased for paying customers.

Non-RMT paying customers (those who earn coin only via in-game means) are not being "punished" for doing so, but those paying via RMT are being rewarded for doing so.  Said another way, everyone paying solely by way of in-game coin means those players are not actually paying for the game.

::edited:: Nvm, comes across as a potentially personal attack, and was not intended as such ::/edit::

Edited by Hussars