Sign in to follow this  
LorenaMontana

Horses and their speed

We are able to lead carts and wagons with horses, we are also able to lead a few horses behind us.

If u have a nice horse with nice gear u can ride 40ish km/h.

If u have a barded horse u are slower coz the horse has to ride with more kilo, makes perfect sense.

But!

When u ride a horse without barding and lead 3 barded horses u can still go like 40ish km/h altho the horse ur riding has like 100 kilo on barded horses behind him.

This makes no sense at all, the leaded horses are completely ignored by ur rided horse but he has to pull alot more then without leaded horses.

A cart slows horses down, a wagon slows em down, bardings slow it down, heavy players slow it down. But a leaded squad of heavy barded horses dont slow it down at all.

Suggestion: the more horses (also count weight) u lead the slower the horse u ride will be.

• Like 1

pls no

(The horses are being told to follow you anyways, you're not "pulling" them, so this doesn't really make a lot of sense tbh)

pls no

(The horses are being told to follow you anyways, you're not "pulling" them, so this doesn't really make a lot of sense tbh)

Follow with a rope on their heads and they can move 40ish with barding, makes no sense.

• Like 1

would be an obnoxious change tbh, not in favor of realism in games if it does nothing but make the game more of a hassle than fun.

@Atheas until you realize the horses will die before its possible to even get a foal

l0l

Edited by Propheteer

Imo a chain barded horse should never go 40ish km/h, leaded or not. And why would it be a hassle proph?

@Atheas until you realize the horses will die before its possible to even get a foal

l0l

So if i breed mature female with zombie male , she will die before give a foal ?

Do you also want speed to be more realistic when you lead a chicken or pig behind your horse?

Lol -1 of course, "doesn't make sense", rarely a good reason for a change

Sadly this sounds EXACTLY like Rolf's favourite kind of change, and I would not be surprised to see it in due course

Do you also want speed to be more realistic when you lead a chicken or pig behind your horse?

Do a chicken or a pig wear a barding?

Don't forget this leads into other situations as well.

How fast will you go leading a chicken? haven't seen a 40 km/h chicken before

while I get what you're aiming for here, I don't think there's a realistic way to implement it that doesn't just create a huge amount of inconvenience and hassle.

Ok my English explaining sucks bigtime, thats a fact.

This suggestion is purely about leading barded horses if that was not clear. Has nothing do do with chickens, pigs or zombies.

Wurm is not about realism or making sense.  It is about having fun.  There are a lot of things that don't make sense like getting glitched in mines, standing or carts, being teleported to the top of a house when you disembark inside...and so on.  For this suggestion of the OP:

Also to mention that im only makin suggestions from an epic perspective, i dont know anything about freedom.

We need option to load piggy or chicken on horse as passenger , dogs also.

pony_1399008c.jpg

• Like 1

pvp seems to be whoevers horses die first

I think its a good idea to ride slower while leading anything never mind just a barded horse

+1

Edited by Hexproof

You want this on Epic, go for it, but leave the rest of us out.  There is such a thing as too much realism.

And this has everything to do with leading chickens, pigs, dogs, etc.  When you add a change like this, there has to be consistency and balance, which would mean leading animals at their max speed, not the horse's.  Otherwise you would be dragging them to death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HbBL62IiRE