27h now, and imho it should just spawn at completely random times, so like 1 camp anytime monday, 1 camp anytime tuesday etc. as it currently is the 4th camp spawns at the same time am/pm every single time (chaos is 9am/pm every time for me) and it's extremely predictable.
I've found plenty of camps on the side of mountains so that check isn't working.
That always hits the first alphabetical camp which is really annoying (or a bug) if 2 are in the area. imho it shouldn't hit both so you can actually stealth trap near them, seeing as you can't make caves in the area you're relying on one already being made in the area.
51] The Battle Camp Champion is rather a long distance away in front of you. Quite a bit further than that if you get a good cast on a seryll pend
My thoughts on making them more contested
- Death tab when you start conquering/neutralizing instead of at the end, and auto-loot at the end of the conquer, and add a death tab message for looting an already capped camp. Ends up with 5/10 minutes of enemy knowing you're there while cutting out the meaningless waiting without a chance of people coming to pvp, and adds some risk, as people could use capping/looting to bait a fight, or they could get interrupted by a mob if soloing and have to start over. It also gives enemies more time to respond, currently it's 5 minutes they have to find you if you're looting a freshly capped camp, or 0 minutes if you just run off as soon as you cap, making it pretty trivial to sneak a camp even near a enemy deed and run off/stealth/whatever.
- Make the camps stick around after hota is finished, renamed to something else and still give the loot option and be used as a forward operating base for pvp, as sindusk mentioned holding them is pointless as an enemy can just cap it and the entire thing poofs if hota ends. Maybe an option to build a tower on them and they stick around for more time, but are no longer lootable so they're a sort of temporary deed for 30 days or some amount of time you find appropriate. Fix the guards to actually work while you're at it, currently they're just walking medkits if you have LT
- Make the MM from looting build up, so like if it hasn't been looted in 3 days, 3 lumps. unless you're right next to them it's a pain to go across the map to collect them for a single lump, and 0 reason to attempt to hold them unless you're about to win hota, but if they had death tabs, and enemies could see that it hasn't been looted in days and see you're just a MM pinata near their lands
- Allow mine doors in the camp when you change them to be lockpickable/whatever
- Chance for random affinities or shakers or sleep bonus or whatever from looting/winning hota similar to what you're planning with missions would be cool too
Only spells and LT do, finger of fo, cottoning, healing naturally, saccing for a heal all don't as healing resistance was added to counter lof/scorn/heal spam.