Threap

Members
  • Content Count

    347
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

272 Excellent

About Threap

  • Rank
    Villager

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male

Accounts

  • Chaos
    Threap
  • Acc1
    Tyliam

Recent Profile Visitors

779 profile views
  1. Honestly I could be remembering wrong, it was a year ago now maybe. But the meta is with acid or frost imbue with BT and 3x damage jewelry to give you max damage.
  2. It was a while ago when I checked the WU code, but jewelry only effects weapon damage if you have bloodthirst, it doesnt effect the weapon part of the damage if you have a frost Imbued with frostbrand for example
  3. Seems to be more complex than the more permanent fixes I suggested
  4. For this can it would be nice to have to call a webhook on deed alerts, so you can just have to spam discord or other similar things
  5. there are many options to make 4 horses completely un-viable for pvp without the hard restriction on only leading 1 horse. I gave a few practical examples in my original post. a hard check to prevent attacking anything while leading more than 1 animal for example will fix 99% of the cases, the other 1% are so niche they are not worth worrying about. Armyskins suggestion of a speed nerf when leading more than 1 pet is another great example of how to fix this problem without introducing 4-5 other problems by having a hard 1 lead pet limit.
  6. The problem was leading 4 backup horses to a fight, which I agree is stupid and a problem. There is already a CR penalty for leading more than 1. Just for reference this is in CombatHandler.java This is the existing line of code if ((this.creature.isPlayer()) && (opponent.isPlayer())) { <snip> if ((Servers.localServer.PVPSERVER) && (this.creature.getNumberOfFollowers() > 1)) { combatRating -= 10.0F; } There are a ton of ways this could have been fixed in a better way, use the same code above and give them a -50% damage modifier, make it a 50% CR penalty. Or have a hard check and prevent the player doing any damage. "You fail to swing as you are leading too many animals". Limiting leading to 1animal breaks a bunch of stuff, Collecting horses for taming, having to move tames around 1 at a time, you can no longer have a pet and a backup horse in pvp its just all round a huge pain to deal with, All because a small problem was fixed in a very lazy way. its these lazy fixes over and over which has gradually degraded the game over time, please start fixing things the right way instead of these instant lazy fixes that cause more harm than good.
  7. Seems about right for a sub 20 fs alt
  8. Spying is fine on a real character, doing it an alt with no skills or gear is what this is addressing.
  9. I see your point for new players, but I feel that's a very small edge case, very very few players start on chaos and the ones that do are encouraged to join a PMK when they are found. So the number effected negatively by this change is tiny compared to those that would be effected positively, and ultimately those that are effected negatively will eventually benefit from the positive side too. Additional parameters could also be introduced, perhaps once a sub 70 FS character dies, they can no longer see local for some timeout period like 4 hours or something? The toxic players that use alts will be effected, for their alt to be any use after each death they will have to go regain 70 FS to be able to see local etc.
  10. If you guys want wurm pvp to devolve into a toxic cess of ALT wars then, sure -1 this and any other suggestion to fix this toxic behavior / problem, I personally dont enjoy running off deed every 5 minutes to kill a spy alt thats in local. its bulshit game play because the player is too scared to come close enough to check local on a real account. EDIT: Or actually probably enjoys being a toxic player.
  11. We do, then he just runs back, i can post the 30+ Aluna raises the seattlement alarm\wildboar raises the seattlement alarm from yesterday alone if you like to prove the point.
  12. Then it will not effect you in the slightest so you shouldn't care if its implemented right?