This week's (8/3/18) new suggestions:
1. Revisit wind speeds and boat speed customization. Why can't boats go 50-60 kmh in a gale? Double the speed of boats for all wind speeds, ie light breeze will be around 20. Add slots on boats to allow for cast-able sails and keels, similar to saddles on horses, where you can increase the speed of your boat with wind of ages or blessings of the dark casts in addition to higher quality. The faster you go the more damage the sails take as a trade off.
2. Add automation. If you have 90 or even 95 woodcutting skill allow the creation and use of a sawmill, you can force this by requiring the skill to "mount" the mill similar to having enough body control to ride certain mounts. Parts of the saw mill could include a still to generate the steam needed to run it, several saws, crates to store the products etc. Water and burning materials will be fuel. Instead of using a saw to cut planks off a log one at a time, the sawmill is loaded with a crate of logs and makes ~100 planks at a time for instance. Same goes for everything else you can create with a log, ie. shafts, beams etc. This idea could lead to other automation like patterns to make support beams or other items you could need 100s or 1000s of. Alleviates the tedium and there are fun ways to prevent afk spamming, like keeping the water and fuel levels right.
3. There has to be a better sound file for the pouring of water.
1. Give something other than yellow potions for loyalty reward and/or make yellow potions a component of something better. More creativity please.
2. Add Slate, Marble, Sandstone etc mine doors.
3. Allow for bulk creation of Passata in a cauldron and any other similar recipes that are very tedious to make in bulk currently.
4. Organize buff/debuff icons by type, ie. all the food affinity icons will be next to each other, shoulder pads next to each other, etc. where applicable.
5. Allow for planting of items in walk-able depths of water, especially lamps.
6. Change how arrows and quivers work: Quivers now require a leather and 50 arrows to create and they weigh 7.25kg. Average arrow quality determines raw damage of quiver. Quiver quality determines number of shots left in quiver with 100ql = 50 shots. As you shoot your bow the quality of the quiver decreases by 2 accordingly down to 1 quality and no more shots left. Improving the quiver now requires fletching skill and effectively replenishes the shots left. Quivers can be individually enchanted with one damage spell like frostbrand, rotting touch, venom, flaming aura, or bloodthirst.
No more shooting a troll on a mountain and worrying about chasing or losing your arrows you spent a week imping. You imp the arrows once as components of the quiver to determine damage, similar to how arrow quality currently determines damage.
7. Increase sailing speeds by up to 50% with wind of ages or blessings of the dark casts on sails and sail rarity. The sails would be replaceable/equipable and take damage as you travel off deed similar to horseshoes & saddles.
8. Create active Mentor villages on Golden Valley to help retain players new to the game. Activity attracts activity, right now you log in for your very first time to a very quiet and un-appealling tutorial. If there was an active village in local where people new to the game could ask questions and join temporarily, it would vastly improve their experience. (New Tutorial and starter town implemented, good job on fixing this problem)
9. Give boats a built in compass that does not need to settle.
10. An additional warning message when sailing across server borders while leading horses.
11. Marker buoys in the corners of each server to help prevent getting stuck while attempting to cross too close to the corner of the server. Buoys would have compass directions painted on them. (Sort of done - Buoys added but not placed by GM to prevent corner crossings yet, maybe players will step up and get this done)
12. Create a rune that does a genesis cast.
13. Allow the Corbita and Cog ships to load a rowboat. Allow the Caravel to load either a rowboat or sailboat. Rowboats will not take any storage space since they would be on deck. You can add a small storage penalty for loading a sailboat.
14. Revert Global Cast restrictions. Prior to this knee-jerk change, global casts were quite frequent and now they very rarely happen. At least when Yellowfinger was casting them you had a chance to be online for it. Most servers haven't had a Rite of Spring cast in over 200 days, on 2 servers it was Yellowfinger who last cast them right before this frivolous change, that is just silly. (Priest update vastly improved Global casts)
15. Allow ash to accumulate in forges etc. Instead of only 3 ash no matter how many times you light a forge without cleaning or how long it burns over 30 min, how about we get 100 ash every 30 minutes the forge etc is lit and it accumulates? Is there a nefarious use for ash or concrete that justifies the difficulty and time involved in making it? Concrete should be as easy to make as mortar, rock shards + clay.
16. Increase the combat rating and hit points of champion creatures. Give champion creatures a significantly higher chance for rare butchered parts.
17. Give the large saddle several different mounts to use it on.
18. Revert Hell Horses unhitching at old stage back to not unhitching because of age. (Sort of done with Electrum runes of FO, not sure if breeding more hell horses is less of a chore than making runes all the time. A more permanent solution to this unnecessary problem is preferred)
19. Allow creation of an uncovered wagon with same capabilities of a covered one. While you are at it, make a troop carrier where you can have 10-15 passengers. And no, this will not be a problem in pvp because once the animals pulling the carrier are dead the passengers are essentially trapped on foot.
20. Create a tool chest to store tools that greatly reduces their decay rate on deed.
21. Vastly increase the number of rift resources per rift node. With the addition of the electrum rune of fo and other similar ones where you can easily use 20-30 in no time, coupled with the poor creation and use chances for the average player, more resources per rift per player is necessary.
22. Add Skeletons and wraiths to the list of creatures that spawn in caves.
23. Automatically lead animals when removing them from crates, you lead them in already.
24. Animal distress calls - if the creature is aggressive it's calls attract other's of its type within 15 tiles. If the creature is passive it causes all other passive creatures within 30 tiles to move a bit more than usual in random directions, like sheep and deer did.
25. FSB container units and empty FSB containers just like the BSB versions.
26. Make a new electrum altar that requires X of each gem to make in addition to metal requirement and it increases the amount of favor you get from sacrificing with it by X %.
Previously posted suggestions:
https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/162329-increase-picnic-basket-capacity/ (Actually Implemented)
More suggestions to come.