Sign in to follow this  
Geddingwood

A Different Poll Concerning Xanadu

145 members have voted

1. 1. If Xanadu is not instantly ship-linked, will you start a new character to play there?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. If a program of deed/trader reimbursement and character transfer is offered, will you move to Xanadu?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Would you support a merging of existing servers into Xanadu?

• No, I'd like to stay on my current server and keep them separate.
    • No, but I would like it to be boat bridged (immediately).
    • No, but I would like it to be boat bridged (eventually).
    • Yes, but only if deed/trader reimbursement occurs.
    • Yes, no matter what.
    • Undecided

I was dissatisfied with the other poll, so I made a new one, which I think is more concise.  In no way do I mean any offense to the poster of the other thread, but I don't think his options were enough for me or most people.  If I need to add more options to this poll, please let me know.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, April 12, 2014 - Inflammatory
Hidden by sunsvortex, April 12, 2014 - Inflammatory

We need a poll of not having more Xanadu threads.

It was just a test.

• Like 2

Where is this coming from?  Has Rolf indicated that he is merging all servers and/or forcing players to create new toons for Xanadu?  What leaves us to believe this is not just another Freedom map being opened up?

• Like 3

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, April 12, 2014 - Cleanup
Hidden by sunsvortex, April 12, 2014 - Cleanup

It was just a test.

Far too much time/work has been invested by dev team to consider it "just a test". Add to that the fact that its existence has been released to the public...

And since no one wanted another PVE server, aside from a hunting only one, there's something fishy going on here... and it's definitely more than "testing".

I agree on one thing though, too many threads regarding this one topic.

i am ready for whatever all i know is i am in limbo now till we see what is going on. I have not even logged on much today been watching youtube most of the day. 

i'm with kegan, up here... i already had a deed, but found a cooler place in wich i wanted to move, and started work there...now there's xanadu, and all feels like meh, because we don't have any info about it else that will be BIG and, as i can see, really better terraformed, so what to do now?
Yes! Let's plan: i want to move there asap...but we don't have a minimum of ETA, we don't need if we can migrate our characters there or need a new one, we do not know even if we could port ingame currency in that server so to have premium and deed w/o having to buy coins that we already own...so all feels eerie and foggy, and i don't know if could be good to move my actual deed, play as generally do, or plan some kind of moving there...that hype w/o infos is frustrating at best, and i suspect that in general the game will suffer from that.

So, i may ask: do we have a ETA? at least is kind of a month, two, 6 or so....
do we'll be able to settle there with our actual toons, or we have to make a new one?

do we could move our money from our actual server, to the new one?

well, selling gear and deed in the hopes that you can make the move to the new server is certainly a gutsy gamble. I am forging ahead on my current deed and planning projects as if there won't be a new server. Can't let it stop progress here. I have a hunch that we will all have to move at some point, but until I am forced out of my home, home I stay.

• Like 3

Sorry, I didn't realize Kegan had started a second poll an hour before I did....I missed it somehow.  I just didn't like the first one :P  Anyway, I wasn't saying any of this stuff is actually happening, just wanted to see what the opinions of others on the subject were.  I tried to include all the speculation that's been going around.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, April 12, 2014 - Inflammatory
Hidden by sunsvortex, April 12, 2014 - Inflammatory

It was just a test.

What I want to know is how you became a CA.  Every post I see on the forums from you is either derogatory or sarcastically insulting. :/

What I want to know is how you became a CA. Every post I see on the forums from you is either derogatory or sarcastically insulting. :/

I think hes cool, he probably helps ppl a lot with their questions ingame.

Im sick of ppl that think CA and GM cant have their own opinion on the forums..

• Like 4

Thank you for your Poll.  I voted in both Polls, Kegans when it came up and now yours.

My wife and I have our deeds here and a lot of time and effort put into them, and into helping the community here in general.

We would not be moving over and the math shows 50k mobs on that server would make land tiles to mob ratio as high as Celebration, thus not a very hospitable place for a neub.

As for another PvP server, I think not, the numbers show that 70% plus of Wurm's population wants PvE.

As for where to attach it, It would be a big improvement to cluster the southern servers along the bottom and east sides of Indy.

Cutting down the travel time would encourage more travel and improve commerce in game.

But that is a topic for another thread.

Thank you to both yourself and Kegan for putting up polls.  By voting and showing our opinions, we show the Dev's that we do care where the game is going.  Also how we the paying customers want to see it improved.

Food for thought!

Cheers! Hughmongus

i am ready for whatever all i know is i am in limbo now till we see what is going on. I have not even logged on much today been watching youtube most of the day. 

I'm not in Limbo at all... I got a ton of projects to do on my deed... including building a ship. I don't know anything more than anyone else, but I don't want to get caught with my pants down with this one.... and in the end of it all if Xanadu never happens at least I will have gained a bunch of skill, I will have completed projects I had been putting off, and I will have a Corbita again like years ago, and this time I will have built it myself.

Busy, busy, busy.

Edited by Kyrmius

I'm not in Limbo at all... I got a ton of projects to do on my deed... including building a ship. I don't know anything more than anyone else, but I don't want to get caught with my pants down with this one.... and in the end of it all if Xanadu never happens at least I will have gained a bunch of skill, I will have completed projects I had been putting off, and I will have a Corbita again like years ago, and this time I will have built it myself.

Busy, busy, busy.

I have a boat filled with unfinished forges, bsb, fsb, beds and carts already all i have to do is load up some food on the day it opens up and set sail. 

• Like 1

I have a boat filled with unfinished forges, bsb, fsb, beds and carts already all i have to do is load up some food on the day it opens up and set sail.

If you can!

Right now, as I wait I am working on skills I need to raise to be a true vagabond. I'm going to wander about that big server and have hunting lodges all over, and stay on the road pretty much all the time, stopping only when I need to really imp up metal items.

Where is the option for voting to stop people making post/polls about Xanadu?

• Like 3

I don't really see all the excitement for this new server, inde has it all. I've lived in the very NE on an island and now SE on a mountain top. I like the people I know here, around me and also in kchat.

People say inde is too extreme terrain, it's where I feel most a home. Xanadu seems a little too open to me.

If your a person that deeds every server then yes, Xanadu just might be for you. I'll stay put.

• Like 1

The more I think about it, if my current deed and character reset or wiped. I would quit wurm. I'm not one to get wound up in the drama of every lil change Rolf makes, but this would be the backbreaker.

I'm really suprised with all this speculation, Rolf hasn't given more info, it makes people real nervous and it damaging to the game

• Like 1

Where is the option for voting to stop people making post/polls about Xanadu?

please.

The only way I would go to Xanadu is by ship.  Rares have been in the game far too long to expect people to just leave them behind and teleport. It would be nice to get some sort of compensation for moving my deed, But it is not the major factor in all of this.  My items are worth far more than my deed.  So if I can sail, then I am there.