Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 14

Stag

stag_e01.png

The stag is not a new creature but it is the new model for the male deer that is ingame and currently sharing the female deer model.

• Like 2

So PvP wants a brand new, mostly deserted island? I'm gonna walk away from this one.

I never said that. Fact is though, a lot of problems on Epic come from a lack of land. HotS community is tiny mostly because Affliction is tiny. Elevation is a crater-ridden mess, and is too small for the purpose it's supposed to serve. A cluster reset paired with some updates for existing islands would be good.

PVP gets new content, one group complains.

PVE gets new content, the others complain.

:rolleyes:

The issue is that epic has never functional.

Valrei has been broken since epic started, terraforming events have turned Blh into even more of a wasteland, and create "meteor craters" that are just 1k slope pits, the sorcerer abilities are generally worthless and come with huge debuffs, etc.

Slowed down guards. Ability to break into vaults. Champions changes. (Those were pretty big changes there!) All the shared content equally as useful on both servers - Crafting interface, wagons, etc etc and so on and so on. PvE hasn't received anything majestically special and PvE only lately except that now our hitched bison won't be lunch.

Those were all changes that originated on chaos, the unique issues epic has still exist.(Champs worked fine on epic before the change, I don't even know why slowed down guards happened, and breaking into vaults was the result of a chaos event)

Edited by Kagrenac
  • Like 2

That being said, on Sunday night in US primetime, 70% of the players are on PvE servers, so maybe 70% of the effort should go towards PvE??

Just because it's more players, doesn't mean more time "should" go to it like that.  if the devs feel like PVP or PVE need something, then they should do it......Not say "oh, We should devote most of are time here because most of are players are doing this atm"

While I do agree epic "seems" to have more content lately, that may just be due to how easy it is to code, compared to what pve gets. Never should the devs look at it like that though, Just do what they feel is right at the time.

The issue is that epic has never functional.

Valrei has been broken since epic started, terraforming events have turned Blh into even more of a wasteland, and create "meteor craters" that are just 1k slope pits, the sorcerer abilities are generally worthless and come with huge debuffs, etc.

That too. Sorcery, as it is now, often serves to punish the player using it, rather than reward him. It needs to be reworked from the ground up.

+1000 I feel like a kid a day before their birthday. :D can't wait!!!

What is Xanadu?

There is something big in the making. In reality it is pretty huge. Well actually it might just be the most humongous thing ever added to Wurm!

Ok, I will calm down and take some breaths..

It is called Xanadu! A new PvE island.

Whit that do you mean it's such a large feature package, like the release of epic, or do you litterally mean it's even double the size of Independende?

Xanadu - hope its either a premium only server, or a server at least as huge as Independence, wouldn't mind bigger. With 3d mines and flowing water (rivers etc.)

• Like 3

Whit that do you mean it's such a large feature package, like the release of epic, or do you litterally mean it's even double the size of Independende?

Stop thinking so small ;D

• Like 9

Woot woot, I poked Saroman a while back about finishing his Stag, and he never responded.  I'm glad he continued with it!

Perhaps Xanadu is the much requested Hunting Server many of us have been asking for...

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

All sounds good, just hope the new island isn't so attractive I want to move, holiday and hunting only hopefully :) As a new player only a few months old I've been happy with every update and planned update since I joined really. Holding off now on building my 'proper' house until we get the new house styles and new cobblestones, and now more to decorate with too, also love the deer model! Happy to hear the legal enclosure thing is going away for lots of reasons I think it will be in the end very good for the game, especially if a newer and better system is found to allow newbies time to 'suck it and see' before deeding while being protected from older players who aren't terribly nice. Awesome thumbs up from me to the devs and gms and the whole team.

It sounds pretty damn nice!

I really want to join the dragon hunt! thats what ive been waiting for

when i started playing wurm (2,5 years ago).

i got 72FS

So send me a PM so i know when it starts so i can join it! :D

Edited by Guzten
  • Like 1

Stop thinking so small ;D

Considering Independence is so big you can't even get it to run with full animal coverage, and that you had to disable parts of animal AI on all servers. I don't think I'm thinking small.

Edited by Keldun

Good stuff, as alwyas. I am especially excited about all the new furniture. Woot.

200k x 200k map please please

If that comes true.....

......oh thank heaven, i'm moving and placing a ........oh I dont even know, max deed. lol

• Like 1

A small patch showing your real time possition on the map? Everyone needs that, especially new players that are always saying "i don't know where am i".

That could be the most important update ;)

A small patch showing your real time possition on the map? Everyone needs that, especially new players that are always saying "i don't know where am i".

That could be the most important update ;)

/quits.

Xanadu is actually the summer palace of Khublai Khan... If you research the Marco Polo writings of it, there is lots of inference of it being a vast summer palace used for hunting grounds...

;)

• Like 1