Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 14

I love the stag. It's quite stag-gering.

While looking at behaviors for animal AI, please look into that my horses do not move. They are anchored to the ground. Maybe add something that if a taller grass than they are standing on is X tiles away, they will move toward it to graze. Also, add that they would rather not stand on packed dirt and will always want to move off it to anything better. Movement decision would be: hate packed or dirt > short grass > medium grass > etc. The higher up the ladder, the more it will want to move there. This should keep them always moving around as a real animal would be doing. And thank you for looking at the AI behavior in any capacity.

Decorations! Love them! Can I suggest an easier method of placement? Maybe "drop" between your feet.

EDIT: I still can't spell.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 3

No drainer traders there would be good. A load more good spots free.

Is Xanadu the new hunting server??? :wub: :wub:

• Like 2

A hunting server with NO fences or houses would be great!

can we get a list of which titles were changed? a few of mine were and with 101 titles its gonna be a real pain to figure out which titles are which now 

can we get a list of which titles were changed? a few of mine were and with 101 titles its gonna be a real pain to figure out which titles are which now 

• Like 1

+1

Who flipped the "lets produce lots of awsome content" switch lately?

• Like 1

Meanwhile, Epic gets nothing, and Valrei is still broken. Yay.

Edited by Saxton
  • Like 3

Segregate an area of the new server.  For a dragon that does not drop hide but does respawn, perhaps with server reset.  Save the spot until we can have a dragon similar to the HoTA statue with some nice combat animations.  Then all players might eventually get a chance to kill a dragon, sorta like the webpage alludes to.

I would assume the new server is either a hunting server or a non-agro server.  Thinking it is likely non-agro.

Otherwise, can't wait until more shineys :D

Meanwhile, Epic gets nothing, and Valrei is still broken. Yay.

PVP gets new content, one group complains.

PVE gets new content, the others complain.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Elen
  • Like 4

PVP gets new content, one group complains.

PVE gets new content, the others complain.

:rolleyes:

And when was the last time Epic got new content on the same scale as this?

Xanadu Definition:  "used to convey an impression of a place as almost unattainably luxurious or beautiful."

• Like 1

The only thing here I don't see that a PvP server can use is a PvE island. I won't be moving to it so I got the same as PvP got. It's decorations and titles. We all get them. I am glad they put them in.

• Like 1

They haven't because they've been getting constant little changes. (Yes, more so then freedom) I'm sure that's currently taking up most of there time atm for the pvp servers, so I don't see a huge pvp update anytime "soon"

With that said, if your that worried......try this new server when it comes up.

My guess is it will be the hunting server..... Just getting the new mob updates, that imo majorly hints towards exactly that.  Perfect timing.

Slowed down guards. Ability to break into vaults. Champions changes. (Those were pretty big changes there!) All the shared content equally as useful on both servers - Crafting interface, wagons, etc etc and so on and so on. PvE hasn't received anything majestically special and PvE only lately except that now our hitched bison won't be lunch.

Long as there's sandy beaches and palm trees

• Like 1

You do realize (those of you saying PvP doesn't get anything) that a lot of the changes have been aimed at PvP, and a number of the systems in place really are for PvP.

That being said, on Sunday night in US primetime, 70% of the players are on PvE servers, so maybe 70% of the effort should go towards PvE??

Another PVE server? What's wrong with the current ones? What's so speshal about the new one? oOooo

• Like 1

The same scale as furniture ?

I'm not going to speculate on the X project here since who knows at this point. Might be more useful to epic than me for all I know.

Edited by Elen

Slowed down guards. Ability to break into vaults. Champions changes. (Those were pretty big changes there!) All the shared content equally as useful on both servers - Crafting interface, wagons, etc etc and so on and so on. PvE hasn't received anything majestically special and PvE only lately except that now our hitched bison won't be lunch.

A new PvE island? Please don't make it seperate from the main cluster also please please make it the size of independence and chaos...