Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 14

LssNW14.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

Oh yes, I am back to invite you to the backstage area of Wurm where you are the VIP. And me? Your utterly humble host.

So please be seated and let me indulge you in this weeks surprises and "insider" information.

Wurm gets reinforcements

Consultant Mattias Jansson (No, he is not related to Rolf) has been helping out with our graphics engine.

He is now going to start working full time from 7th of April beginning with client performance.

Mattias is highly talented and his latest endeavor was working on developing the frostbite engine for Battlefield 4.

So we can expect some pretty great additions to performance and graphics coming up.

For all you medieval interior decorators out there

We are putting resources into expanding your housing options and now have a huge list of varied interior items which is being worked on.

These will be added as they are finished and will give you plenty new choices in decorating and sculpting your environment to your liking.

No progress shots yet but things like:

• Wooden coffer
  • Cosy fireplace
  • Canopy bed
  • Bed table
  • Wardrobe
  • Wooden bench

All are in medieval style and this is just what is on top of the list and currently worked on.

Looking forward to showing you all the goodies coming your way!

What is Xanadu?

Xanadu.jpg

There is something big in the making. In reality it is pretty huge. Well actually it might just be the most humongous thing ever added to Wurm!

Ok, I will calm down and take some breaths..

It is called Xanadu! A new PvE island.

I will be making more announcements as we get closer to the release date which I can say is not that distant.

Tests and development are both already quite far in progress.

Notice of Changes and Requesting Feedback

• Enclosures Feedback

We are also getting around to what I mentioned last week about undeeded enclosures that was being used in an unintended way.

This is something you might need to look into and adapt for to make sure your deed is safe for later when the change happens.

So make sure to tell your friends as well.

You will find an explanation of the issue and can help out with finding a solution in this thread.

Enclosures thread

Creature Ai being tweaked

We are making further adjustments to the ai.

Mainly the supposed troll overdrive on bashing in on deeded houses, enclosures and agro on hitched animals.

We have yet to confirm the cases but we are currently looking at the mechanics to see what could cause this.

To begin with we are removing agro from predators on animals that are on deeded territory.

The aim is to create a more living environment where you will find more natural interaction between mobs.

This is supposed to be a wild game experience, but we are not out to make it unnecessarily punishing on you deeded territory.

Just enough to keep you on your toes and make for an exciting challenge.

Titles has been updated

Earlier I asked you Wurmians for feedback concerning the titles for filling in some gaps and also updating some outdated ones.

These have now been processed and suitable ones has been picked and added to the game.

I have been asked to keep which was picked a secret so you can explore this yourself and be surprised.

Many of you will most likely find you have some new titles available after the next update!

Stag

stag_e01.png

The stag is not a new creature but it is the new model for the male deer that is ingame and currently sharing the female deer model.

Finally there is more hope for the future and propriation of this species in the lands of Wurm.

Certainly a good thing with the predators now looking at them with hungrier eyes.

Ok, the time for hanging backstage is now over. But please do leave a comment if you enjoyed your stay.

And until next time,

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 31

Looking good! Looking forward to see if client performance gets better.

p.s. Let the dragon hunt begin! (soon)!

• Like 2

Looking forward to the new furniture! And I hope that's the hunting server everyone has been wanting. Give those bored hunting fans some dragons and eaglethings and whatever. :D

:huh: - ok my money is on hunting server via teleport gate

Edited by Elen
  • Like 1

Awesome update!

One quick note though. Please please please please PLEASE dont add dragons to this next map.... the forum drama after is just no worth it.

• Like 3

... a huge list of varied interior items which is being worked on...

Oh wow - I do "love" you, when I don't "hate" you  :wub: 

• Like 1

Yay furniture and that stag O_O

But that new server better be the hunting server, if not, why add it? :P

cosy fireplace :3

oh ye the big things are cool too..

Awesome update!

One quick note though. Please please please please PLEASE dont add dragons to this next map.... the forum drama after is just no worth it.

Or dragons that don't drop hide at all.

• Like 2

Here's hoping the new server cannot have trader deeds placed, otherwise it will be a mess by the end of the first week.

Also, if you're going to ask for feedback from your playerbase do you think you could leave the thread open for more than 5 hours so people actually have a chance to offer their input?

Edited by Coastis
  • Like 1

NEW SERVER we really need this to be huge! and attached to freedom cluster! please :)

• Like 2

I hope this Xanadu server is the long awaited hunting-only server...

or is this just going to be another segregated PVE island?

When do you plane to make Combat update ?

Edited by vill
  • Like 1