Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Creature ai and email management

and has everybody missed the fact that prey will path away from mobs, and are faster than mobs?

• Like 8

As everyone's been saying, in reality, the prey is not outnumbered by mobs like they are in Wurm.

This is far from being realistic.

I've heard claims it has, but if anyone has a screenshot depicting it it'd be nice, otherwise it may just be more fear, unless tamed, then of course thats just asking for trouble.

I logged in today to three trolls standing next to two of my horses, I havent seen anything but fear that players will lose herds of horses. Bison may be lost, and I do have friends who have bison herds, neither I nor they think that this change is completely wrong, just needs tweaking, perhaps at least leaving hides or non meat butchered products (not to mention the whole hitched (and if true, led) animals being attacked)

Wondering about this as well.

My Mag's troll went untame while I was offline and around the same time that this change was made (good timing!) It was starving - oops - and in a yard with my hitched wagon (4 horses), 2 riding horses, and cow. It ate my cow but all of my horses are fine. 

For those of you who are worried about wagons and horses and such, please show me where it says that wagons are a safe place to put your animals?

I'm more concerned about losing animals to random disconnects. If I'm around and know that hungry animals will target my hitched animals I can be careful or deal with them as necessary. Random disconnects can now easily mean the loss of any animals that you took with you. Otherwise I do like the idea that meat eaters can hunt for their own food now. There just really needs to be precautions from keeping them from spawning in smallish sized enclosed areas. Perhaps if wild animals attack your hitched, lead, or ridden animals guards will automatically target the aggressive creature. Would provide some protection when travelling in more developed areas.

Edited by Theodis

Bison get a Speed bonus on wagons.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/96541-bison-vs-horses/

Bisons:

Now also offering speed bisons - amazing wagon/cart pullers. Once up to speed - constantly pulls at full speed (18 km/h - never slows down). No equipment necessary. Very annoying to breed, but awesome creatures.

Bisons are the deluxe pullers for wagons. Once you go speed bison - you don't go back.

4-speeders: 3s. (Limited supply)

5-speeders: 4s (Limited supply)

for like the whole 2 minutes they are alive!

also it must be super great when a troll breaks into your compound and kills your whole heard. +1 for that,

some of the players were just missing that boot to the face.

and a huge thanks to all the input you got from us on this before implementing it, I'm sure that helped smooth out all the kinks and ramifications this could of had...

• Like 1

So effectively it's a case of keeping only horses now, as they are apparently only attacked by sharks. Anything else means you risk pulling a troll onto your deed if it gets hungry. 

It'd have been super lovely if all this could have been clarified by the devs much earlier, and we still should have been given prior notification of the upcoming patch. Would it really be THAT hard to give notification of what will be in the next patch? A thread that's maintained with a list of features expected to go live on the next maintenance?

It'd have been super lovely if all this could have been clarified by the devs much earlier, and we still should have been given prior notification of the upcoming patch. Would it really be THAT hard to give notification of what will be in the next patch? A thread that's maintained with a list of features expected to go live on the next maintenance?

We could call it um..

"Test Server Update Notes"!

That totally just rolls off the tongue

• Like 1

The mass spam of deer cow and bison corpses with 500 crocs spiders and scorpions around them where I try to hunt disagrees with being faster

So clearly the hunter/hunted ratio is totally out of whack.

Even if the dev team were to re-jig things so the ratio between the two were made more sensible its going to be a while before all the existing hunters die of old age/starvation.

Best thing to do is get the rebalancing done then go on a mass hunt-the-hunter expedition and cull those numbers down.

The problem is, the aggro mobs will respawn like crazy as they always do. We NEED non-aggro spawns, if this is going to happen. There should be herds of deer in the forests, massive clumps of bison and cows on the steppe.

So clearly the hunter/hunted ratio is totally out of whack.

Even if the dev team were to re-jig things so the ratio between the two were made more sensible its going to be a while before all the existing hunters die of old age/starvation.

Best thing to do is get the rebalancing done then go on a mass hunt-the-hunter expedition and cull those numbers down.

Sign in to follow this