Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Update on the Reinforcements situation, spells and favour.

There will be a separate post later handling more about the enclosures. We are still working on the details.

But there is more to it then the flying and has been a problem for longer then that specific topic.

It is the matter of big areas of non deeded land being claimed with just enclosures.

And yes you will be given ample time after this is announced in further detail I promise.

The suggestions committee will be a group of experienced players who are representing all different servers and faiths.

We are addressing the so called "Ninja Nerfs" and this will be one step in the process of getting feedback going faster between us devs and the players.

BL might very well be subject to more balancing.

I don't like that even a little bit. (underlined part)  Committees of experienced players. Great.  All that will do is perpetuate the existing situation of a small group of players having Rolf's ear in IRC, except that now they'll be able to do it in private instead of in IRC.

The suggestions committee will be a group of experienced players who are representing all different servers and faiths.

They tried this once.....lol!  ought to be interesting the second time around.  B)

What happened the first time ? And when was it ? I find the committee of veteran players to have potential.

Edited by Issle

I don't like that even a little bit. (underlined part)  Committees of experienced players. Great.  All that will do is perpetuate the existing situation of a small group of players having Rolf's ear in IRC, except that now they'll be able to do it in private instead of in IRC.

Well, thanks to that now I will be in IRC when I'm in game and when I'm not, I will have a tab open with the Rizon web client.

Thank you for addressing my concern about Strongwall.

Since favor gains are also being changed, may i suggest making BLs double favor item scale and give the same as door locks?

Some IRC Logs:

[09:40:30] <Oreohh> Im currently a citizen in Sparta, yes

[09:40:40] <Oreohh> Hameleon is currently on aswell

[09:41:09] <Rolf> okay

[09:41:27] <Rolf> so you're still around sparta or did you guys move back to some other village?

[09:41:41] <Rolf> i mean the bulk of you

[09:42:01] <Oreohh> Them? I'm not sure. I joined it to use the /vteleport feature. Best to ask Hameleon this

[09:45:12] <Oreohh> But I do think that he is still logged out close/near the Sparta area at another deed.

[09:45:18] <Oreohh> as in Fsbkun

[10:08:19] <Oreohh> you think MOON METAL is enough?

[10:08:25] <Oreohh> Are you kidding me?

[10:09:06] do you think there is any sort of reimbursement i can give that is enough?

[10:09:21] <Oreohh> Yes, give them their rightful loot back that you took from them, you LITERALLY took it

[10:09:52] <Oreohh> noboby even knew the fix was in except MR, Spartans didnt even have a chance or a clue that it was even put in

[10:10:11] <Rolf> ok so now you're upset about getting reimbursement instead

[10:10:11] <Rolf> gg

[10:10:16] <Oreohh> wat

[10:10:26] <Oreohh> im sad about getting moon metal

[10:10:36] <Oreohh> Serylls does jack ######

[10:10:46] <Oreohh> and 8kgs of glimmer/ada is 4 hota wins

[10:11:09] <Oreohh> not even 99ql, they lost close to 750 euros worth of ###### to this

[10:12:22] <Rolf> ok

8kgs Glimmer, 8kgs Ada (aka 4 HoTA wins, not even max ql)

5kgs rare seryll and 20kgs seryll (glorified plate pretty much)

opposed to

3 drake sets(?)

3 sets of rare tools

Among other things

As Rolf says, 'gg'.

Also, more logs:

[22:01:35] <Rolf> see the cart?

[22:16:48] <Rolf> nvm sorry I understand it's pretty much nothing

Stop complaining your free cookies are dry. Be thankful for what you got.

It is just chance it happened during their raid.

loool

What happened the first time ? And when was it ? I find the committee of veteran players to have potential.

Edit TOP

Edited by Toplel

:D Letting small group of players(no matter how experienced they are) decide the fate of other players(who are a majority), will lead only to disaster.

Was 2-3 years ago and lets just say they had a tough time agreeing on anything...lol!

Edited by Protunia

There are still details to be discussed about the group but yes. There will also be emphasis on using them as the bridge between us for suggestions to changes from our side, collecting and summarizing the information we get from all players and presenting this to us in a meaningful way.

(Caps for emphasis, not for yelling)

May I suggest that you NOT form an intermediate subgroup of players to assist with suggestion processing?  I work on a software development team for a living.  We have a customer support site where we allow customers to make suggestions of any kind.  The dev team also makes internal suggestions.  However, all of the suggestions get fed into a single Team Foundation Server where they sit until the development team gathers and goes through each and every one of them.  We on the dev team promote the ones we feel merit inclusion into "approved" status.  We then prioritize the approved list and feed our sprints from them based on capacity.

I suggest that Code Club do something similar.  Perhaps have someone on staff OR perhaps forum moderators scrape through the suggestion forum and group all the suggestions into SYSTEM TOPICS (like PVP, cooking, farming, etc.). Then the dev team can take one TOPIC a month and look at all the suggested changes to date in that TOPIC and determine which ones have merit and which do not.  Filter out the ones you want to implement and then CREATE a WURM DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP on the forum, maybe broken down quarterly, and tell the players which topics you are going to focus on for that quarter or iteration.  While you are doing the work, you will be receiving additional comments, feedback, etc. from players because they will KNOW the team is focusing on a particular topic of gameplay at that time.  When the sprints are done for that iteration of the topic, throw it on the test server, debug, AND DOCUMENT all of the added features, changes, etc.  Rinse and Repeat.

Creating a player-driven group to filter suggestions will only give the impression that the development team is listening LESS AND LESS to the player-base as a whole.  Those not in the group will feel as though NOBODY hears them.  Yes, all this takes time.  Sometimes I get totally sick of sprint meetings.  Sometimes I just want to code!  But we have seen an increase in development accomplishments and happier customers as a result of implementing a development life cycle such as I have described.

Just a thought.

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 10

(Caps for emphasis, not for yelling)

May I suggest that you NOT form an intermediate subgroup of players to assist with suggestion processing?  I work on a software development team for a living.  We have a customer support site where we allow customers to make suggestions of any kind.  The dev team also makes internal suggestions.  However, all of the suggestions get fed into a single Team Foundation Server where they sit until the development team gathers and goes through each and every one of them.  We on the dev team promote the ones we feel merit inclusion into "approved" status.  We then prioritize the approved list and feed our sprints from them based on capacity.

I suggest that Code Club do something similar.  Perhaps have someone on staff OR perhaps forum moderators scrape through the suggestion forum and group all the suggestions into SYSTEM TOPICS (like PVP, cooking, farming, etc.). Then the dev team can take one TOPIC a month and look at all the suggested changes to date in that TOPIC and determine which ones have merit and which do not.  Filter out the ones you want to implement and then CREATE a WURM DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP on the forum, maybe broken down quarterly, and tell the players which topics you are going to focus on for that quarter or iteration.  While you are doing the work, you will be receiving additional comments, feedback, etc. from players because they will KNOW the team is focusing on a particular topic of gameplay at that time.  When the sprints are done for that iteration of the topic, throw it on the test server, debug, AND DOCUMENT all of the added features, changes, etc.  Rinse and Repeat.

Creating a player-driven group to filter suggestions will only give the impression that the development team is listening LESS AND LESS to the player-base as a whole.  Those not in the group will feel as though NOBODY hears them.  Yes, all this takes time.  Sometimes I get totally sick of sprint meetings.  Sometimes I just want to code!  But we have seen an increase in development accomplishments and happier customers as a result of implementing a development life cycle such as I have described.

Just a thought.

I believe this is what is done in starbound, plus they asks players what kind of mods they want starbound to adopt. This is +1000, but I run out of like today.

Oh joy, is there something LIBILA priests CAN'T do now? Wtf is the point of being white light.

Eyesgood, they are trying to reduce the workload...not increase it.

Testament for that is the fact that they are not accepting regular bugs through /support anymore because it would be too much work for them trying to sort them out. This is not hearsay, this is what Rolf told me, I got logs.

Every person can draw their own conclusions from this. If i draw conclusions they might seem offensive....

Just to be clear to some, but it has always been possible to destroy reinforced tiles, but it was apparently bugged as many players on PVE and PVP found out the hard way. People apparently never reported it and through time, it was considered a feature more than a bug, despite it being game breaking. Rolf didn't interfere in the middle of combat, but 2 days after the raid had started and succesfuly ended and he didn'tcome over and broke the tile because of favoritism or created a code just to help MR, but because MR players knew it was possibly and tried, but couldn't because of a bug.

How the ###### was the non-MR crowd supposed to know about Disintegrate changes that had apparently happened beforehand, or for that matter how were ANY of us supposed to know it was bugged when we found out 4-5 years ago Disintegrate doesn't destroy rock? Hell, even the Spell description only says "Destroys rock," not "Destroys reinforced rock." Why the hell the sudden urgent fix?

Seriously, what is looks like to me is the devs are now just taking the flak from what Rolf did to Sparta by forcing this change down our throats without even asking for our opinion (or simply just ignoring them). Instead of doing what 70% of the people want, this change is going in and will force everyone (except the MR who apparently already knew beforehand that you could bust down reinforced cave walls) to completely revamp their deeds, and start shipping off their loot to Freedom and alts every time they log off for the night.

You want more PvP? You just lost most of it, and I'm willing to bet you're going to lose a lot of Chaos players who aren't jaded by misleading propaganda. (Lol @ fighting to protect peace and freedom by forcing people to quit)

• Like 9

Many MMOs do the same thing. As long as the group comes to the table with good intentions, I think it will make for an excellent addition. This isn't a game like starbound. We don't have the luxury of what we want to see not affecting everyone else in some way, often times negative.

For balancing purposes, you need people with experience. These are the guys who know how drastic changes will be and can get the feedback right there to the devs.

Of course a lot of this depends on the quality of the individuals on the team. All eyes on you guys. No pressure.

You want constructive feedback? Ill make an attempt.

I only play on Freedom. I have no intentions of ever playing on the PvP servers. I have priests of all faiths, and a non priest jack of all trades character.

First of these last minute, lets change things right now situations, really need to change, especially for something as game changing as this. It was the way it was for a very long time, such that it became a feature vice a bug.

You want to fix it fine, but give us all a heads up and some time to make some changes, especially for something as far reaching and game changing as this.

As far as the Freedom servers go, this change is going to affect a lot of folks who have mined out to there perimeter, and then "sealed" the last tile on perimeter. And I dont consider that to be a land grab by any stretch of the imagination. With that being said, I personally dont have a problem with fixing disintigrate as long as several things happen:

1. Both spells (disintigrate and strongwall) should only be able to be cast on deed if you are a member of that deed or have mining permissions on that deed. Some "strongwall for hire" Mag Priests may whine but that a simple: Hire a Mag priest, give him permissions, let him cast and finish, remove permissions. I dont see that as a game changer. Because right now unless it has been recently changed, anyone who can get into my on deed mine can strongwall. That needs to stop.

2. Only Mags on Freedom should be able to do those two spells. Good decisison. Keep it that way. Mags and Fo's have enough issues being relevant compared to Vyn's. Don't do anything to make that even worse. 

3. People really should have had some time before this change was made. Folks on freedom with fairly large deeds are going to have a hard time trying once again to make there mines "secure" if they chose to strongwall on there perimeter. Assuming this change will stick, one thing you need to do is fix strongwall so it can not be cast on deed, and make sure disintigrate can not be cast on deed unless you have permissions. That way if someone does break into an on deed mine before someone can complete the changes at least you have minimized the exposure on deed.

These changes or conditions should have the added side effect of making griefers lives harder, and your GM's easier, so they aren't wasting there time on issues that could be easily nullified by the proper application of game mechanics to the PvE servers.

And again this is just a Freedomers viewpoint, what happens on the PvP servers is of no concern to me unless some change screws up my play on Freedom.

I have other things I have an issue with but that should be another thread. Like anyone being able to lock BSB's ON MY Deed. Thats another issue thats going to affect the Freedomers above but alas your staff needs to clean up this mess before we can move onto other issues.

Edited by conmcb25

Oh joy, is there something LIBILA priests CAN'T do now? Wtf is the point of being white light.

Uh, do half the things WL does? You haven't even played as BL nor do you understand that if our mines are griefed, we have to pay more than WL to get it fixed.

MR=My Rolf.   It seems a rollback is the only fair way to deal with this intervention on Rolf's part.  Time to say sorry, swallow some ego n do the right thing.  Then announce to community that the reinforces walls are not meant to act as a vault..and you will be changing it in a month..giving all due time to make needed changes.  Rolf himself admitts chaos is droppping in numbers in a problematic way and not what it should be...every wonder why with this constant corruption favoring one single kingdom.

I don't want people bothered at me for my observations..i desire to stay neutral n enjoy n play a game i love immensely..yet there comes a time to speak up to the ridiculous at some point.

How the ###### was the non-MR crowd supposed to know about Disintegrate changes that had apparently happened beforehand, or for that matter how were ANY of us supposed to know it was bugged when we found out 4-5 years ago Disintegrate doesn't destroy rock? Hell, even the Spell description only says "Destroys rock," not "Destroys reinforced rock." Why the hell the sudden urgent fix?

Seriously, what is looks like to me is the devs are now just taking the flak from what Rolf did to Sparta by forcing this change down our throats without even asking for our opinion (or simply just ignoring them). Instead of doing what 70% of the people want, this change is going in and will force everyone (except the MR who apparently already knew beforehand that you could bust down reinforced cave walls) to completely revamp their deeds, and start shipping off their loot to Freedom and alts every time they log off for the night.

You want more PvP? You just lost most of it, and I'm willing to bet you're going to lose a lot of Chaos players who aren't jaded by misleading propaganda. (Lol @ fighting to protect peace and freedom by forcing people to quit)

Oh im sorry Xallo, im sure Rolf will include you in every discussion when he makes a mechanic change from now on. How DARE he make a change to his game without asking you.

Get over yourself.

while I agree no area should be sealed in for 100% defense - it seems like this was a terrible solution to the problem and will cause more problems then it fixes - its like termites in the house just burn the house down then no more termites - it just seems like a better mechanic to stop people from building vaults rather then makeing them easier to break into could be implamented

off the top of my head a way to stop vaults - If a zone is fully sealed by reinforced walls it caves in and must be mined out again - any artifacts or special items appear at ground level - is it perfect no but it stops vaults without weakening standard defenses. - or make it like a house it must have 1 door can not be 100% enclosed with walls one tile must be stone - stops vaults again while normal mines with doors can still be smashed in

it seems like the main issue is vaults so rather then give easy access to any reinforced area why don't we simply fix or create a stop to vaults rather then open up massive holes in defense and cause more rage quits

Edited by Forgedrake

Oh im sorry Xallo, im sure Rolf will include you in every discussion when he makes a mechanic change from now on. How DARE he make a change to his game without asking you.

Get over yourself.

Xallo wasn't the only one not told.

I'm sure 95% of the populous weren't told of the change, maybe even more.

Get over yourself.

What the hell are you even trying to insinuate? A ###### change such as this should have been in the discussion boards weeks before implementing, not kept strictly between Rolf and the select few people who nagged at him that this changed needed to happen, and you KNOW that. How can you even kid yourself into believing that what happened was fair? Is it because you're walking away with hundreds of euros of stolen loot that Rolf gave you?

• Like 9

What the hell are you even trying to insinuate? A ###### change such as this should have been in the discussion boards weeks before implementing, not kept strictly between Rolf and the select few people who nagged at him that this changed needed to happen, and you KNOW that. How can you even kid yourself into believing that what happened was fair? Is it because you're walking away with hundreds of euros of stolen loot that Rolf gave you?

There is every time the risk in this game to loose everything... Just stop the madness

If you can't take this risky business you better should stop playing. I am not saying that I fully agree with the changes but I guess the decision has been made, just deal with it. And anyways this will make things much more interesting... So I am looking forward to it somehow.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 3

Get over yourself.

Redd,  you need to get take some of your own advice... If you actually want any players to PVP with on any server.

I'll try not to troll you too hard (even though your only addition to this thread and others on this topic are troll comments).

But you are essentially the worm in the kings ear standing safely behind your smug opinion of what you think is right.

All you are doing is perpetuating the opinion of others that Rolf favors 1 faction over the other.

Learn when to bite your tongue.

• Like 8