Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 10

LSSNW10L.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

Welcome to another weekly update from your friendly neighborhood Baron and team of fantastically fabulous devs.

It is about time we get back to some feature and content updates I think some of you agree.

So I am exited to say I got some new material to show you.

But first, why not try our new Gamer Quiz to see how you measure up against your friends?

Are you a Gamer, or a Lamer?

header.jpg

Just click the image to accept the challenge!

Boats

Knarr_800w.png

New model for the Knarr, click image for a larger version.

The Knarr is looking more Viking then ever!

A great alternative for both traders, explorers and raiders to arrive in style.

The models for the new boats are pretty much done at this point.

We are now making adjustments to get new functionality for sitting and still being able to command without having an obstructed view.

New Tutorial Area

We are working hard to create a new and improved tutorial area.

For experienced or eager players you will have the option of simply going straight for the portal and getting into the game.

All of the information we are making for the tutorial area will also be added to the Book of Wisdom and available for later reference.

Also, the ingame notification will still trigger and help those who chose to skip the tutorial.

Those who wants to learn more about the game and its features will be welcomed to a much more modern tutorial zone.

For this area we are adding new signs which all have separate textures to be directly readable and understood in their context.

By walking up to them you trigger different notifications which will give you further information.

DeathTutorial.png

Welcome to Wurm, do the tutorial or...

The art team is trimming their Bushes

Lavender bush

LavenderCompare.jpg

Saroman made a well needed update to the lavender bush which is now looking great.

Oleander bush

Oleander.jpg

Wox is still working on the Oleander bush and you might see further changes to it.

Hell Hound Icon Added

The hell hound which at 1.2 launch had a deceptively cute icon representation of a harmless dog will no longer fool anyone.

Wagon fix

The new Wagon was so large that it needed two tiles of space to be able to fit through passages.

This made for allot of unhappy Wurmians who had built them inside of their fence perimeter and could not get out.

We sympathized with this situation and fixed it so you now can squeeze it through a one tile space.

Enjoy your freedom!

That was all for this week, the Wurm team is going to Stockholm, capital of Sweden to attend a game developer event over the weekend.

Guess who will be stuck in our booth? Yes that would be me.

The greatest thing about attending the event will definitely be to proudly tell everyone that our players

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 25

The art team is trimming their Bushes

Hehe I loved reading that part... Knarr looks great \o/

• Like 2

57% gamer :(

The quiz is quite fun, hope we get more of these everytime there is Work and Progress update.

And thanks for giving the long waited love to knarr ^^!

Edited by silakka

Omg tease tease tease we want to know when when when!

RAID!!!

Oh wait, can't do that on Deli...

Or can I. . . /looks at enemies. ^_^

Good work on the updates, that Knarr looks awesome!

52% Gamer... ;(

*Quiz is deemed void and null as it asked about Angry Birds...Self respecting gamer wouldn't play that*

• Like 3

Good work on the updates, that Knarr looks awesome!

52% Gamer... ;(

*Quiz is deemed void and null as it asked about Angry Birds...Self respecting gamer wouldn't play that*

Well, is not the question in itself a hint about how we view mobile gaming? ;)

(If you know the answer for it that is)

Do I smell all of the bushes getting an upgrade soon then? :)

(Love the Knarr, perfect for raids!)

Well, is not the question in itself a hint about how we view mobile gaming? ;)

(If you know the answer for it that is)

Shhhh... Don't tell them!

I got 76% yesterday, now 84 (or was it 82... >_<) anyway, good questions... But it's kind of sad to, it made me realize how we don't really know the developers of big games really, except for did Meier because his names on the games... We know the company's, the games name, but without researching you won't really know the dev(s)

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 1

DeathTutorial.png

Pull the sign of that pole, and i want that thing on my lawn! :D Perhaps a version with animal skulls ;)

Edited by Guruen

Will building boats with different wood show a difference in their texture or colour? Will that be implemented for other things (ex. loom, merchant stand etc.). I have heard this is being addressed with the new lighting system. Is the plan still for this to happen. Are there any updates on when the new lighting system will handle different wood textures/shaders.

46% Gamer. If Sid Meier didn't make it back then, I probably didn't play it!

The Knarr looks knarrly. 

81 % gamer - embarrasing. (I got Angry Birds wrong - I just really was hoping that the correct answer wasn't correct. Ewww)

(Disclaimer: Most of my correct answers were guesses, while the ones I thought I knew turned out to be wrong)

Edited by Lithien

*DROLLS AT THE KNARR*

The new tutorial zone sounds nifty, but I hope it STOP having unnecessary wall of text because it just make people reluctant to read anything. Any official test going to be conducted for the tutorials? :)

48% Lamer. Apparently memorizing game producers or creators is a noteworthy gamer attribute? =P
Prince of Persia
Kings Quest series
Quest for Glory
Commander Keen
Command and Conquer/Red Alert original titles
Warcraft 1/2/3
Ultima Series
Duke Nukem
Hocus Pocus

Some of the stuff I played growing up. Was never into mario/zelda/doom/castle wolfenstein/UT.

• Like 1

48% Lamer. Apparently memorizing game producers or creators is a noteworthy gamer attribute? =P

Prince of Persia

Kings Quest series

Quest for Glory

Commander Keen

Command and Conquer/Red Alert original titles

Warcraft 1/2/3

Ultima Series

Duke Nukem

Hocus Pocus

Some of the stuff I played growing up. Was never into mario/zelda/doom/castle wolfenstein/UT.

C&C and RA2/RA2 your is revenge were some of the best times I've ever had gaming. I was the complete base defense freak, and pissed people off so badly with it. I suck at being offensive in most strategy games, but I am one heck of a defender.

Back In RA2, my friend and I played almost every day, he was very good at attacking so I'd focus on the defenses. Most people loved using planes/choppers. I had so much anti-air made though, the only damage they'd do is when they crashed. (Sucked when they landed on something and destroyed it...) Had so many anti air tanks (forget what they were called ...hmmm) that when a tank rusher or infantry group came, my anti air would wipe them off the floor in most cases lol!

The only weakness really was Prism tanks, I eventually learned to take them out easily though with mirage's. God, those where the good days :P

Edited by Druidnature

Trimming bush is always appreciated.

• Like 1

In light if the tweaking you're doing to them, Any idea when you think the new ship models might go live? Before summer?