Sign in to follow this  
Teibidh

Looking for a n00b friendly home

While I have a couple of villages I plan on inquiring with tonight, I figured I'd throw this out to see what else might be out there. I'm relatively new (8 hours of play time, most of which was cruising around trying to find stuff to harvest), with just enough of a clue to be dangerous. I don't really know what I want to focus on yet, but I do know I want to develop a good set of well-rounded skills to start off (combat, cooking, enough masonry and carpentry to handle modest sized buildings, maybe even ship building skills, but that's mostly for fun.) and then will pick a specialization from there. I have thought about holding my own deed (and may still want to one day) but realized that I don't want that kind of expense when I don't even know what to do on it.

The following is a basic list of what I'm looking for:

* Members who are on between 10PM and 1AM US Eastern (0300-0600 UTC, at least most of the year :P) that don't mind answering questions or providing advice,

* Some active projects that I can contribute to with low skills, grindy type stuff where QL isn't super important yet. This is just as much to provide me with some sort of sense of direction as it is to pay my way.

* Resources on deed, or close enough to it that security from mobs isn't a real issue.

* Some sort of harbor access... if a channel has to be built, that's cool, I need to learn how to dig anyway, as long as it's possible.

* The ability to build some sort of structure to call my own, doesn't have to be huge.

I have found a place that I will call home, I appreciate the suggestion here and the couple of messages that I got in response. Wish me luck. :)