Sign in to follow this  
Tpikol

Clean map for Exodus!

the current exodus map looks so horrible that i made a new one starting from scractch(well not really,i used the map dump).

this is how the map looks right now - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sh/037y25ezmj7r0t6/wmDDBV2Mb3/ExodusTpikol.jpg?token_hash=AAFmgHf82VPy6cfCNDOyN6HxKbgCCpKeYJrim-93QKmMHg

and this is the dropbox folder with the full psd(the one i used) the simplified psd,the legend psd and the map jpg.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/037y25ezmj7r0t6/XGPbn1BtTY?lst#/

usually i would just pm this to eject,but i figured since the servers are down il give people something to read :D

and no i dont want to update the exous map myself.just want whoever updates it to use a clean map.

• Like 2

no roads?

all the southern pearls are no longer markets really, except black pearl which has quite a few merchants now

also, u have a metric shitton of disbanded deeds on there

other than that, good job

Edited by froggy25

Wait, you want all the deeds, everyone's writs, properties, hard work, terraforming, etc, wiped, destroyed, done away with, why?

no lol,im just talking about the community map

no roads?

all the southern pearls are no longer markets really, except black pearl which has quite a few merchants now

i dont live on exodus and the new and old roads thing on the current map was very confusing,so il let whoever updates the map add the one that are really there.

Edited by Tpikol

Good job! So much stuff gets done when Wurm is down. I am at work and usually don`t think about Wurm when im working, but since its gone down i have been stalking the forums... i might have an addictio :blink:

• Like 1

The only problem I have with this is Inde is scarred more then Exo.. and Deli coming in between... if you want one server's map reset.. you almost need to reset the others as well to avoid the "well you reset their map what about ours?" thread.  Thing is.. you're going to run into X amount of people opposing the X amount of people wanting it reset.  So nothing will be done.

Edited by Nomadikhan

yeah, i agree

also the problems with roads on exo map, is the problem with roads that exist on exo..

if we wanted updated map on a weekly basis, we need to get either people to report their deeds or make them appear as they are formed

people will be against both options

Edited by froggy25

I think some one must have given you the wrong map link. The exodus map is on the first

thread under exodus in the forum. And Eject is doing a great job maintaining it and updating it.

Thanks Eject :)

• Like 3

Posted Yesterday, 09:44 PM

Tpikol, on 20 Feb 2014 - 8:50 PM, said:snapback.png

i dont live on exodus

Then leave their stuff alone, mate.

^ indeed, your time could be better invested some were else imo.

Eject has and still is doing an awesome job of maintaining the exodus map including accurate roads.

Edited by lawurm
  • Like 1

Let me ask you this: How would you feel if someone recreated the Celebration map saying it looks horrible and posted a new one on the forum without consulting you first?

Edited by Anders

Let me ask you this: How would you feel if someone recreated the Celebration map saying it looks horrible and posted a new one on the forum without consulting you first?

This! Oh wait... Poster is a cm... ;-)

this isnt an atack on eject,he had to work without the original files(like leslie did before) and that makes changing some things pretty hard,unless he does what i did,but he said before that he doesnt have time to do that,so i did. its a lot easier to add roads to that and change whatever its needed than to make a new base himself.

usually i would just pm this to eject,but i figured since the servers are down il give people something to read :D

and no i dont want to update the exous map myself.just want whoever updates it to use a clean map.

It still sounds like it's an aggressive move on your part, but that's my opinion.

One request I'd have is to keep the font that the Exodus map has, I honestly find it's way easier to read than your font. I can't even read most of the market deeds on your Exodus map. :(

Edited by Anders

well which one do you mean,because the current map has several fonts that people used overtime,u mean whatever font eject its using now?

Yes, I find it's really easy to see. I don't have to squint. I find anything that's "times new roman" harder to see if it's in a small font.

Edit: To specify further, anything like Arial seems easier on the eyes.

Edited by Anders

(7x31y) Port derringer is long long long gone. Nuksal is the new deed in its place.

Thing is, having a PSD map is much better, it means everyone can edit things properly now instead of having to scrub things out and re-do them on the jpg...
Exo lost the PSD map a long time ago, it would be good to start using it again. So why attack some guy that just spent time making a PSD map again that can be edited properly?

the current exodus map looks so horrible that i made a new one starting from scractch(well not really,i used the map dump).

The map dump is out there if Eject wanted to make it from scratch. In my opinion the new version that you made looks much worse. Could be that its because I am used to the nice styling of our server's map. I prefer the fonts, I like that way that the mountains and lakes are labelled in a subtle way (as you would expect on a map actually), I find the symbols to be a lot nicer e.g. for clay. I like the arrows to other servers and the boat bridge cutaway showing where it arrives. Oh yeah and check your spelling of some deeds, for example Esert!

If anyone wants to do this, just do it through Eject who is doing a great job on our map and let him make the call on whether or not to use it. He spends time talking with us about the map and so I feel he has a pretty good idea of what we want.

• Like 1

Thing is, having a PSD map is much better, it means everyone can edit things properly now instead of having to scrub things out and re-do them on the jpg...

Exo lost the PSD map a long time ago, it would be good to start using it again. So why attack some guy that just spent time making a PSD map again that can be edited properly?

dont like him ...and you :) 

Enough fun - leave it to eject.

The map dump is out there if Eject wanted to make it from scratch. In my opinion the new version that you made looks much worse. Could be that its because I am used to the nice styling of our server's map. I prefer the fonts, I like that way that the mountains and lakes are labelled in a subtle way (as you would expect on a map actually), I find the symbols to be a lot nicer e.g. for clay. I like the arrows to other servers and the boat bridge cutaway showing where it arrives. Oh yeah and check your spelling of some deeds, for example Esert!

If anyone wants to do this, just do it through Eject who is doing a great job on our map and let him make the call on whether or not to use it. He spends time talking with us about the map and so I feel he has a pretty good idea of what we want.

I honestly have to agree. I think the Exodus map looks much better and, if a new map file were to happen, it would be much nicer to base it on that.

A map can almost be a server's identity. Please don't make us lose our identity.