Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Update concerning DDoS attack and Downtime. Updated 18:20 CET February 20th

Meanwhile, at Wurm's ex-hosting company:

servermonkeys.jpg

Hope new one has orangutans... they're much more efficient.

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 3

Thanks for the update. Does this server move mean better response time when login server go down witnessed a few days out dues to broken login servers people have to die it the natural order. the world of wurm may go into an apocolyptic state if i cant move souls to the after life.....

Guys, PLEASE stop asking what host they are going with. None of us need to know to guard from future attacks.

While I am sure the sentiment is appreciated, it will take a person with the skill to perform a DDOS approximately 2.7 of your Earth seconds to determine the new host.

• Like 1

Thanks for keeping us updated and heads up to rolf and gang.

As much as this may suck, atleast wurm is original enough so you probably won't lose any/many customers over this.

Congrats for moving the servers to a new host and for the update!

Any more news on the 'within a day'? Glad to hear about server move and such. Just been refreshing again hehe

Thank you and the rest of the team for keeping us so well informed of what's going on, Johan.  Makes a world of difference.

Exactly what I wanted to say

i think its up and they are testing it

looks like servers are up just not accesible yet :)

Alright kids, if you need to poop better go ahead and do it now... because it's almost time for 24 straight hours of Wurming.

• Like 3

No fair!! Haha don't play without me! I don't get home for a few hours yet :)

On a more personal note, I would like to thank our great community for showing your support!

Makes us gladly go that extra mile to get things up and running even better then before.

Wurm shall rise again!

Probably what disturbed me most about this ddos situation was thinking about the disappointment Rolf and your Dev staff must have felt after putting out all that dedicated time and effort to implement this excellent update, have it up and running smoothly at the date stated, only to then shortly thereafter have access disrupted through no fault of your own. Very disheartening and frustrating, I can only imagine.

To read your positive message here is very cheering, to know that you are not discouraged by this temporary setback and are still working diligently to get the game up and running again for all to enjoy. I have long realized that Rolf is dedicated to this fine game and has the strength of character to persist in the face of confrontations, oppositions and unforeseen events that have and will arise in the future. Now to see that he has a capable and dedicated staff to support him in these efforts only leads me to believe that the game will continue to progress in this positive manner in the future times ahead.

Best regards,

=Ayes=

• Like 10

Wait for the official announcement, don't risk your toons.

Also, keep the servers at 0 load from our side til moving operations are done, will be faster i'm sure if they can restart it as many times as needed without having to give a 10 minutes heads up each time (assuming you manage to get in).

20:00 Cet just over an hour away.......   Please let the "will know more" mean, "Login and ignore real life for the next 72hrs"  :)

• Like 2

I Only Just Started, Terrible that the servers are being victim of DDOS hope you guys are able to manage the situation soon. Looking forward to play and am yet to read the patch updates.- Bruz

i only get to play wurm one day a week...it was the day of the attack. I am a premium subscriber. I guess ill wait until next week.

Alright kids, if you need to poop better go ahead and do it now... because it's almost time for 24 straight hours of Wurming.

Good call!

brb

• Like 3

Servers are showing up...that has to be a good sign. Hopefully it's all going smoothly.

thanks for updates - good work wurm team, best gaming team out there for sure, most game companies, dont update you for days and are slow at fixing things

Quick question. If I planted a deed a few hours before the downtime, and there was a rollback during of that deed placement, will I be reimbursed to place the deed again?

I Only Just Started, Terrible that the servers are being victim of DDOS hope you guys are able to manage the situation soon. Looking forward to play and am yet to read the patch updates.- Bruz

Welcome to wurm =)

gladly these attacks are very rare.

Quick question. If I planted a deed a few hours before the downtime, and there was a rollback during of that deed placement, will I be reimbursed to place the deed again

If deed placed correctly and you have the form, then it's all fine.

But if you are missing deed / form, then you'd need to /support it once you get ingame.

Edited by silakka

rollback means return to older status so you either have your deed or your form and your silver back in the bank

The following tweet has been sent out from some/all servers ... The server is shutting down in 1 seconds. Reason: Move restart

e.g. Deli : https://twitter.com/...192339657519104

I'm guessing this is the office staff pulling data from the old servers ready for the move.