Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Update concerning DDoS attack and Downtime. Updated 18:20 CET February 20th

make it a day or a week. Wurm is an awesome game and its worth any penny waiting for it.

Doing great work guys, and take your time

• Like 1

Ty for keeping us up to date and informed! It is greatly appreciated! Lets hope that the 'Relaunch" of 1.2 goes better :)

On a side note, anyone that places an order with the Gnome Depot on Release / Pristine via PM while the servers are down shall receive 10% extra on their order!

I sure wouldn't mind waiting an extra day if it meant a new host!

Thank you for the updates! It's just nice to know what's going on behind the scenes.

Thanks for updating us.

Good time to test stuff on test servers. Make posts of what you need tested...

As for the DDOS attacker, prolly someone you used to work with/fired/banned.

Hopefully new Host has gaming servers and top line scrubbers. You should look into having your own I.S.P. instead.

Roll back to the ver 1.2 initial release sounds fair. Only few hours lost...

Try to get some rest...We're here to stay...

So are you saying noon tomorrow Swedish time?

Or is it going to take longer?

Just wondering so I can plan my week :)

• Like 1

soon our servers will be squirrel powered.everyone knows squirrels run faster and longer than hamsters.down side is they have to feed on the nuts that play wurm<coats self in syrup of ipecac

I'm very pleased that you are taking this time and opportunity to migrate the servers. I figured you'd go and do something smart like this! ;) Good job, team! All your work and effort is appreciated. :D

• Like 2

Its awesome that the reaction to a DDOS is a server upgrade. Instead of hurting the community and the game this DDOS prove the communities support and increased the hard ware support for the game. Not to mention gave the team more experience in this situation. SUPER hard fail for cyber crime in this case :D.

• Like 2

I sure chose my moment to try and join the game for the first time didn't I?

I think you devs are pretty ace, from what I've seen in the last day. Looking forward to playing when I can :)

Actually you did.

It's not how the team performs when everything is going peachy that's important. It's how they handle problems and adversity. And thus, you've joined at the perfect time and should have no further concerns in that regard. Welcome aboard! :D

• Like 2

Great piece of information update!!

Wurm Online forever!

Edited by vill

As others have said, being informed makes a world of difference. Thank you very much for keeping us updated. Moving to a new server is definitely worth the wait! Good luck and thumbs up to you all on the Wurm team  :)

• Like 3

Ty for keeping us up to date and informed! It is greatly appreciated! Lets hope that the 'Relaunch" of 1.2 goes better :)

On a side note, anyone that places an order with the Gnome Depot on Release / Pristine via PM while the servers are down shall receive 10% extra on their order!

Just for that, you received 10% extra on yours! That is if you still want hem when this is over. haha

Guys, PLEASE stop asking what host they are going with. None of us need to know to guard from future attacks.

• Like 3

The way the Devs have handled this today and yesterday is far outstanding to alot of games. As to the SB going around maybe or maybe not. It also seems legitimate that the host knowing that it is going to lose big time money when Wurm moves may have lashed back to cause it.

• Like 1

What's the name of the old host, in case i catch them opening a branch here? =P 

i am ready when ever you are  ;)! thanks for the info and i am looking forward to a new and improved performance. good job code club!!

• Like 1

Wont be hard to find out what hosting they have. ROFL glad you are getting new hosting, that cant be a bad thing. aww had to be right after the patch. Im sure it will be up soon, meanwhile all just go outside and count tiles.

• Like 2

Guys, PLEASE stop asking what host they are going with. None of us need to know to guard from future attacks.

Uh, there's only one post asking that at the beginning of the thread. Chill.

a day  how long is that i swear im joones real bad i need to play so so bad never kjnew how addicted i was until i couldnt poay i havent slept sice it went down plaese hurry

A day is 24 hours brian unless its changed at some point.

During the attack, it was very difficult to play. This was a lot of bad, unnecessary actions and results. I think we can all agree that it is necessary to restore the status of the servers at the time of the attack start.

Thanks for the inform us. And good luck!