Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Wagon (test server)

Back a few weeks ago when the wagons were first put on the test server i made one and a lg and sm crate to test it out. Well today when i logged on the sm crate had turned into the wagon and the wagon into a mountain lion rug. 

olivewood wagon..

[20:48:49] A thick mountain lion rug. It is made from olivewood. It could be improved with a log. Ql: 36.182964, Dam: 0.0.

nHJ3fcq.jpg

small olivewood crate..

[20:49:08] A fairly large wagon designed to be dragged by four animals. It is made from olivewood. It could be improved with a log. Ql: 72.69382, Dam: 0.0. The name of the owner, Silas, has been etched in the stern.

yFMeflb.jpg

The two were on the same tile but i have moved the sm crate/wagon since then. It is located by the lake with the sea serpent in a 2x2 wood house named cottage on test2  if you want to go look at it. 
Edited by Kegan

That happens quite often when things are in progress on the test server.  I've seen it myself and also raised the alarm.  If you make the item new, it will have the correct graphic and name.

I've had crate wagons and wagon crates and wagon rugs.

If when creating a new item it is not correctly identified, then we have an issue. 

Thanks for reporting, though.

I would LOVE to see you riding merrily across the landscape on your bearskin rug pulled by a team of...well forges maybe.

• Like 2

It kind of scares me that it happens all the time on the test server you would think that would be the place you would not want to see that and to say that it is normal..idk 

Edited by Kegan

HEh, that's what I was going to say, Ikeprof! Can you ride the rug?

It kind of scares me that it happens all the time on the test server you would think that would be the place you would not want to see that and to say that it is normal..idk 

Changes in code, particularly database entry numbers and stuff, will have wild, unexpected results, that bear absolutely no concern on the live server. You're getting the chance to look at the sketching pad of an artist, before they do their painting, or sculpture. Things are going to be off, wonky, etc, and that's normal. What IS a concern, is when there's a bug that would say, let wagons move 200km/h with only one horse hitched or something. (Didn't happen)

Edited by Arronicus

The maps are also really blurry... assuming that's not how it will be on stable/unstable?

The maps are also really blurry... assuming that's not how it will be on stable/unstable?

They look alright on stable (release) build. Looks the same as they did on test server before 1.2 came out though. Personally, I don't find them to look blurry, though the level of detail and zoom is a touch disappointing. I think they're mostly just useful for showing other people markers/waypoints, and remembering them yourself.

It only happens when we merge in template ids, for instance one id have been added on live that don't exist on test, since it's on live it needs to keep the same id and thus all the new ones on test needs to change resulting in some rather odd items, like wagon crates or my personal favorite the wagon rugs. So it's nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I found a dog on test who was labeled as a mature horse. :D