Sign in to follow this  
Seara

Servers offline from a DDOS attack.

probably hours or minutes

Could be, but also remember the last time this happened it was days.....it all depends on the host. we can only guess at how long, and pray...

On a lighter note , I was able to tryout most of the new content before the attack.  WOW  very nice and well worth the wait !   Go Go gadget  wurm team!

o

Agreed! LOVE the new update. Every bit of it. Shame about the DDOS and how one sad person is trying to stop others from enjoying it. 

• Like 2

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq6D2H_PGZA 

This is what happened.....the DDOSer overfed the server hamster o.o

Oh lol XD

I find it odd that a DDoS attack would happen right after a major update.  Wouldn't it be more likely that people are using the update as a reason to come back to the game, which could result in a DDoS-like sharp increase in traffic?

I'm 100% sure that's what happened. No doubt i my mind!

Edited by pimprage

Everyone take this time to update the WIKI!!!!! :D

It's harder to do that when I haven't had a chance to check out the new features.  I was hoping to work on some wiki articles for the new content. 

On the plus side, this is giving me a chance to learn how to pass JVM options from javaws.  I've been wanting to get rid of that warning message about running 32-bit java on a 64-bit machine.  (Turns out you just need to use "-J-d64" as an argument for javaws.)  I might have to play around with more JVM options when the servers go back up to see if there's any good optimization options I can use like I could with Minecraft.  Those shadows are killing my framerate. 

Troll? Or?

I just hope it wasn't just all of us trying to log in to see the new crates and build wagons and stuff and it was seen as an attack because there were so many eager to play Wurmians!   :P

• Like 1

except, not that many people play wurm............(lets say 5000 tried to get on just today, which is a HUGE over-estimate, that wouldn't cause this issue.)

• Like 2

It's harder to do that when I haven't had a chance to check out the new features.  I was hoping to work on some wiki articles for the new content. 

On the plus side, this is giving me a chance to learn how to pass JVM options from javaws.  I've been wanting to get rid of that warning message about running 32-bit java on a 64-bit machine.  (Turns out you just need to use "-J-d64" as an argument for javaws.)  I might have to play around with more JVM options when the servers go back up to see if there's any good optimization options I can use like I could with Minecraft.  Those shadows are killing my framerate. 

Why not get 64 bit Java o.O?

I did a bit ago, works better for most things.

• Like 1

yep I think it exploded o.o

Thats what caused it! hamster override kaboom! Servers down!

PROBLEM SOLVED XD

I hope my home is ok D:

What kind of pathetic fool performs a DDOS attack against this game?? Its like harassing an 120 year old infirm.

Can we get like standalone "fraction" of Wurm just so we can have our daily dose of Wrum (until server comes back online)? Someone pls feed my horses... :(

Or MrOn85 Let we go Atack HIm DDOS Let HIM Feel Wat He Do To Use On Wurm!

so many years was nothing and now come this

i say that was the programer or the programmer have open a door for his friends what have make than the attack

Or MrOn85 Let we go Atack HIm DDOS Let HIM Feel Wat He Do To Use On Wurm!

I prefer to immediately escalate things beyond any potential response

you all think to day server wil me on or not or we need w8 :(

Are you related to spider by chance?

so many years was nothing and now come this

i say that was the programer or the programmer have open a door for his friends what have make than the attack

Edited by Telvanni
  • Like 3

"We can offer 10 000 Euro for any tips or evidence leading to a conviction of the person responsible for this attack"

worth a shot...

TIP: my tip is to ask your hosting provider for the person's isp and then track them down or something? i dont know but its worth a daft suggestion in the possibility of getting 10k!

Why not get 64 bit Java o.O?

I did a bit ago, works better for most things.

I have both 32-bit and 64-bit Java on the computer in question. 

Are you related to spider by chance?

lol you dream i play alone in wurm

Indeed I do spider, I dream of nothing but you and your relatives playing this game along with me and noone else, it would be like.... my own little piece of paradise. B)

• Like 3

lol I know the feeling xP the days I don't have college homework is the days I can't log in =(

I can't finish Priest's house nao Ryamu!!