Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Update 1.2 is now Live!

TOGGLE_CRAFTING

ADD_TO_CRAFTING_WINDOW

TOGGLE_CRAFTING_RECIPES

TOGGLE_MAP

• Like 1

Does the crafting window have a toggle/keybind for the ones that don't use the quickbar? 

Edit: With such an important feature it would be nice to have it added to the old quickbar below the events tab.  

Some of the default keybinds for new features are:

bind b TOGGLE_CRAFTING

bind n TOGGLE_CRAFTING_RECIPES

bind m TOGGLE_MAP

One thing, the new items are way too hard... 43% on a marble brazier pillar with 65 masonry, need 50 mortar and 50 marble bricks, attaching them is again really painful, 8% on wagon at 40 FC and it doesnt get better, even people who have 80FC have troubles creating them. Copper braziers, 69% with 50 JS with a 72ql anvil, crates have decent % but attaching things to them is a pain, i failed about 30 times with 30ql planks at 40FC

I agree on this. Adding a new items with enhanced functions and capacities such as wagons which already have a high FCarpentry requirement to even begin to create and then adding many failure attachments upon that is just beyond necessary and frustrating to players who have reached this high starting requirement. Although I am fortunate to have 40+ FC on 2 premium guys I realize that this is not commonplace to many players.

Not the best idea to introduce new features like this that the majority of players don't have the skill to even start to build, much less adding excessive attachment failure rates on top of that. Fine Carpentry is a spin off skill that most had little need to raise up before these new wagons and crates. Lets not even refer to the carpentry aficionado's who think it is no problem because they have 60+ FC skill, much less those into the rarefied 90's.

=Ayes=

I practically frothing at the mouth to try out some o da new and shineys. Hope the servers are up by time I get off work!

Thanks Dev team for the hard work. Please keep it up, we all really appreciate it. (well probably not protunia, but everyone else does)

Is the servers still down?

New more robust and powerful servers in Germany is currently being tested for running Wurm.

This would result in higher performance, stability and support for more simultaneous players.

I think a wagon should use more material to build, more like a small sailing boat, it's pretty comparable when you look at them but wagon is way easier to build. High skills to build is ok, why not have some things that you need to work for? Getting 40 FC is not hard even on freedom.

The wagon is much more difficult to build than the sailboat. With 40 fine carpentry, and QL 30 parts, you'll fail HEAVILY building the wagon. I didn't think I'd have such difficulty attaching, on Epic, with 64 skill (curved). Had to attach at least 4 times for every 1 piece to attach. easily 150 actions, for a 40~ part job. With the sailboat, if I use almost all QL 30 parts, with my 30 shipbuilding (50 something curved), nearly every piece attaches on the first try. Building the small sailing boat is a little more time intensive, but far, far easier. 

In the coming weeks we will also launch a new tutorial zone which will be more intuitive and inviting.

It can also be skipped so you can jump straight into the game.

That second line worries me.  I was here when the 4chan invasion occurred, and Golden Valley was created to handle any more invasions.  When Golden Valley was ended as the starting server, the tutorial was put in to slow any invasions.  Removing that could remove our only defense.  Invasions aren't DDOS attacks, but the result is the same, the server is unusable.

Edited by Vroomfondel
  • Like 1

I'm glad the wagon is not easy to make . I've been wanting new items to get added to the game and be ment for higher skill levels . Give us reason to grind higher. But if someone with 80 skill is still failing 50% then that's not to good,

glad I'm on inventory two weeks at work so very little time to play.

And lol servers down. Of coarse. What Rolf should do is post release date x. And release the update with no news. A few days before. So these attackers will have the wrong day. And we might get to play the update a few days before the attack. That's if they don't play the game and notice the early update.

Because german servers are inherently superior >.>

• Like 1

karma should be shown on the spell effects bar too!

maybe you guys are waiting on that till you overhaul the karma system? :) and ... add sorcery to pve? :D

Impressive work done =)

By knowing how few that u are in dev team and making all this Job so short notice.

I dont think many game developers can say well we got ddosed, changed server and host on a 60 hour notice.

:D

Looking forward for more good changes in future =)

Im only on 45FC and dident think the new wagons were that hard to make.i had to imp up the yoke,s to 30+ql they were probable the hardest parts to connect.the planks i used were 50+ql.