Sign in to follow this  
Jerrywalker

Latest "Fixes"

In one of last patches bug with concrete use thru dirt was fixed. As far as i know devs started to look into that only when it was used at WL and affected pvp somehow. But that was the only possibility to shape rock bed that's deep underwater or on slope more than 26. I understand that it was bug but why when fixing it devs doesn't give us possibility to make such things legally ? There was suggestions on forum about that (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/89260-formwork-for-concrete/?hl=%2Bconcrete+%2Bframework) but devs think more about pvp than all others and just prevented abuse of bug (that was the only solution for some cases).

Some of players will just say "who cares ?" but for me this means messed project on which i've spended 2 years. I've started to play this game only because you can play it without any form of pvp and it won't limit you in any way. But all last changes was pvp oriented and all pve players was like discarded when decision about changing something happens.

• Like 1

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/95692-the-concrete-wont-stick-to-that/

I had to also stop my 2 major projects and now ill see if i disband or keep my new deed.

Even if i dredged whole lake for over 5k dirt and used 400concrete I wouldnt be able to add 5 extra slopes to my mine entrance so it wouldn't be underwater.

Hope they figure something new for it or bring the old thing back for PvE somehow.

In the end it was a bug which they let be around too long.

Edited by silakka

i agree with someway to take down rock enough for all boats to go trough it,maybe the easiest way its lot allow to mine down to that. and some way to raise it.

how can u posible have been working on a project with concrete for 2 years? there was no concrete 2 years ago

Deadly pits on pve servers also can be bad ;) ... and the problem here is not cause it is pvp changes, but because it is 'quick patch changes'.. :(

I believe the bug have solved certain problems with terraforming limitations. Why these limitations are here, it frustrate me as some land a fix they can't do normally.. Maybe make concrete associated on mining/digging skill with similar restriction instead the current very limited usage of it and other things like surface mining height limitation is way. Anyone can list what we can't do now that we wish it is possible to do? Gather them around for a request of terraforming  changes? :)

Edited by rosedragon

the project has been going on for 2 years but the use for concrete only was needed at the end of the project after concrete was added to the game.

What is the reason to limit the slope to such a low value? Do we all have to suffer from a few "bad" eggs on the pvp servers that are always looking for some exploit to gain an advantage rather than use good old fashion fighting? I wanted to rise up the rock 18 slope so i can put in a mine where i want it and now i can not do it because the slope goes into the water and does not work..

Is there any way that you can get a "water" tile to let you use the concrete so it can be useful? 

• Like 3

I didn't know it was so common and accepted to exploit bugs in this game. I had a ton of spots I would have love to raise above water level but always used concrete as intended. I guess I should have been dumping concrete in the ocean to make my own mountain like I wanted. At least +1 to a legit way to do this.  <_<

What I would do or would have done in the first place....

Make concrete easier to make: 1) allow bundle creation so we can use 64kg of lye on 128 kg mortar and get a a 126 kg concrete (42 units),  2) change recipe to clay + shards.

Change concrete terraforming restriction to be 3x mining skill regarles.

Edited by joedobo

This wasn't a change because of PvP, Jerrywalker, this was a fix to an unintended issue, that the devs simply let slip because it wasn't having a significant impact. However, with what was going on at the WL altar, it was having a detrimental impact on the game, and that is why it was fixed. It's better late than never to fix a bug, and complaining that you can no longer exploit one just looks silly. 

However, yes, we do need some way to alter the terrain below water level I believe. Lowering/raising stone, particularly.

How could we know that it was an bug, when it was working so good without any problems for +8months?

That's what upsets everyone :(

Edited by silakka

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/95692-the-concrete-wont-stick-to-that/

Even if i dredged whole lake for over 5k dirt and used 400concrete I wouldnt be able to add 5 extra slopes to my mine entrance so it wouldn't be underwater.

Ok, is this true?  One of the more annoying aspects of the game is having to swim inside a mine, even though the mine has not been modified to allow ship entry.  Someone accidentally mines the floor and suddenly I am walking in water.  Someone does it a few more times and I have to swim to mine rock shards.

Is it really true that I cannot remove that downward slope from the entrance of the mine if part of the tile is underwater?  I was hoping that concrete was my solution to getting the mine floor back to being dry and suitable for a cart.

Mines can always be fixed ... worse case, collapse them and start over.   Now we can enforce the floors, this sort of tampering can be prevented.

Thanks for the suggestion but it does not really answer my question.

What depth of water prevents concrete use?   Can mine floors that are beneath the water be raised with concrete?

Move along. Changes made due to the minority's PvP shenanigans do not effect the majority's PvE gameplay. There is nothing to see here people.

Edited by Dairuka

Thanks for the suggestion but it does not really answer my question.

What depth of water prevents concrete use?   Can mine floors that are beneath the water be raised with concrete?

Once you have to swim, it can't be raised with concrete, so you'll need to collapse the tiles bordering the underwater tile corners, then re-mine it