Sign in to follow this  
Fireflyb

Advanced Alliance Permissions

I'm sure this idea has been suggested many times; a more detailed alliance permission system would really enhance the capability of an alliance leader for altering permissions within an alliance in respect to deed/mine door/writ entry, as well as other things.

Having a role system (similar to deed role system) would make it a lot easier to manage permissions/restrictions for various mine doors, writs, deeds, etc.

At the moment, there are really just options between village, friends, and alliance, but for large alliances with multiple levels of trust, it becomes annoying to have to put in tons of people's names for "trusted" areas manually instead of simply having a mechanic where you could set a number of people (or deeds) as specific roles so as to differentiate without much difficulty.

We can give members of an allied deed specific permissions by making a role for them... are you requesting this system to be reflected on writs as well?

I think every deed needs to control there alliance permissions more properly like picking up stuff etc.

Imho the entire deeding/alliance system needs overhauling, these are just a few of my thoughts...

- Instead of scrolling all over to look at deed permission roles, a dropdown menu for adding new and editing existing deed roles.  This keeps the permissions window clean and easy to work with, having to scroll left or right to check every role is tedious and misclicking is almost sure to happen with the current setup.

- Get rid of the alliance permission role all together, add a check box that says "Set this as default alliance permissions?" under existing roles.

- The settings page with pickup, taming, merchant placement, needs to be revamped.. it should be permission role specific.. not a general setting to everyone.

- Make the windows and dialogs on deed management windows bigger by default, on most screens they don't even fit the context and have to be resized every single time.

- Allow expansion of perimeter and deed tiles by any single direction, not bi-lateral or bi-directional.

- Kingdom (PMK) specific settings should be revamped to allow an uplaod of custom artwork: flag, shields, banners, tabard.  Ofc put physical and resolution size requirements on it.  On every submission, just have the art team review each submission/upload before it goes into effect, and let it push thru automatically on server restarts.  Charge silver for it too if you want to keep uploads to a minimum.

- Let villages store up to 1 hour of the new bonuses to rarities, enchants, etc and turn them on just as we would Sleep bonus.  1 hour makes it worth while to actually use the system while not overpowering it enough to give any single kingdom or village an advantage.  ( I do see chaos being the exception as an entire kingdom could found a deed and fuel it constantly to keep the bonus maxed at 1 hour where as on freedom people can't cooperate enough to get anything done)

- Allow villages to donate or purchase, using ingame coins, storage space (item number, not weight or volume) at the deed token.  This is not per player but village as a whole.  Think of it as a low item slotted village vault like in any other mmo.  Can be used for a few meals, spare equipment in emergencies, etc)  Also, include a permission node in deed management permission roles for who can use it in the village/alliance.  Limit purchasable (make it rentable just like upkeep) item slots to 20-30.

Not all of my suggestions are perfect, but with tweaking I'm sure they could be beneficial.

Edited by Nomadikhan