Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

A day worth of premium added

A day worth of premium was awarded to those who were premium today due to downtime during the weekend

The bug with coins dislocation lingered but should be fixed now

Long range archery was made a bit harder

The steel staff no longer counts as polearm (giving mounted damage bonus) while we investigate if it’s overpowered

The /time command has been split into /time and /playtime

• Like 1

Please elaborate on the archery changes for the love of god

• Like 1

• A day worth of premium was awarded to those who were premium today due to downtime during the weekend

The /time command has been split into /time and /playtime

yay

Seriously another update with no added info or justification.

Please elaborate with the archery update.

Thank you for crying like little girls and getting the only viable polearm made useless.

• Like 5

If 90% of changes are never sufficiently explained - what good is it to give us the 10%?

I like the archery change imo don't feel like I'm going to get shot with a .50 cal sniper rifle in a medieval based video game.

• Like 2

Steel Staffs were the only viable polearm.

And they STILL were only a situational weapons.

I guess everyone has to have longsword and shield though, no variety allowed.

• Like 9

Steel Staffs were the only viable polearm.

And they STILL were only a situational weapons.

I guess everyone has to have longsword and shield though, no variety allowed.

Change is bad Kaggy, people don't like it...

I like the archery change imo don't feel like I'm going to get shot with a .50 cal sniper rifle in a medieval based video game.

You'd be surprised how you could be sniped such in medieval times.

I am an archer irl, and have seen men shoot longbows that group arrows within a foot to three foot circle of radius at 100m regularly, that's about the range of our longbows in wurm

Edited by Radni
  • Like 1

i just dont think ANY weapon should be able to reliably hit 60+ damage through 80ql plate, i mean, i know its only possible in aggresive with mag/hate bonus but considering how easy it is to get lvl7 hate or 40 mag faith(for WL) polearms should be looked at with the new aggresive stance

its currently 2.5x the dmg i believe should be changed to 1.75x or 2.0x

imo

Gary crying again, shocker.  Posts like that are pretty much the reason its hard to have any type of suggestion thread with a civil discussion, people can't help but take the game to such a personal level and deal out subtle insults calling others names and zergers.  It's baby talk like his that I just rather report bugs and information directly to Rolf than post it on a suggestions thread.  They cry and pout when things don't go there way because they found something very strong.  You were able to ride a dragon around, and many complained over it.  Just because the mechanic is in game doesn't mean it is perfect, everyone knows that.  Everyone knows Wurm is riddled with bugs, and many unbalanced features.  Sorcery is a great example it has some very strong spells, and very underpowered spells.  The truth is people look for something strong and milk it, they want to use it to their advantage.  People who use something very strong aren't going to say openly, "Hey this is super strong!"

People at the start of Epic were using some silly loophole to get up to 99.98 stealing.  Was that fair?  I mean it was in the game, right?  They were technically /stealing/.  That doesn't mean it's intended or balanced.  That is simple common sense.  The sad truth in Wurm PvP though is take any advantage you can, right or wrong.  90% people won't report it, they'll use it knowing full well it's by far broken and unbalanced.  

No one reported dozens of bugs, but because they're in the game doesn't make them at all fair, balanced, or intended.  Look at it in the most simplistic unbias way possible.  A steel staff is stronger than a steel spear.  Does that make sense?  That the ingredient part (staff) is stronger than the finished result (a speared staff)?  No.  That's just basic knowledge.  Any weapon doing 40-50 damage per hit against 80ql+ plate isn't a balanced weapon, some artifacts can't even do that.  Regardless of situational or not, a metal rod doing 1/3 to 1/2 of health isn't a really justified weapon.  No weapons (aside maybe artifacts) should be wacking people for half their health in a single hit, that is insanely strong that could end fights too fast and not give others even a chance.  

Boohoo, something you been using and openly people said it was the strongest polearm, even an MR who used it said the "damage was insane."  Don't act surprised because it got nerfed, stop relying and clinging to one thing that was very strong for some victories.  

Edited by Postes
  • Like 3

Wrath of mag, useless

Sorcery walls, useless

Mouth of vynora, 24 hour cooldown

Steel staff, now just a large maul

thanks posteh, you surely have made this a great game :^)

• Like 2

Like I said people use it rather than report it, I don't regret reporting stuff like that.  I mean people destroyed an entire deed with just a single spell (wrath of mag).  You get what you deserve when you use and abuse abilities like that, I don't think anyone was surprised it was nerfed after that.  All he did was remove the bonus for mounted combat, it's still a viable weapon in PvP.  

Edited by Postes

Wrath of mag, useless

Sorcery walls, useless

Mouth of vynora, 24 hour cooldown

Steel staff, now just a large maul

thanks posteh, you surely have made this a great game :^)

Come on Penor, you know damn well there are problems over the entirety of the game, not just with one faction. People need to start being honest.

Why aren't people pissed off right now that Archery with a longbow is now nerfed? Consider how many people have gotten their archery skill up high the "easy" way and how all the people that want to grind that skill now have to wade through the ###### of not hitting a damned thing to gain skill.

I wonder if I'll ever approach the level of Gary skills in archery now that it'll be a total pain in the ass to grind archery.

Edited by JackBurton

yesterday we made a steel staff, got it to 65ql and cast FA on it, a 76 cast

i got Boomhauer to wack me with it while i was on a horse, was doing 32 damage wound with a ~7-8 Burn

now we do some simple math and times 32 by .5(50% hate bonus) we get 16, then we add that to 32, its 48 

then we times 7 by .5 and get 3.5 add that to 7=10.5

48+10.5=58.5=More than half of 100

=anyone with hatebonus and a Steel staff with halfway decent damage enchant and a ###### ql(i dont know how big of a difference 65-80ql makes but yea) 2 hitting people

Two hitting people with 30 med skill

we can repeat those numbers with .25 instead of .5 for mag bonus instead of hate bonus but i imagine it would just make it 3 hits instead of two

there should Never

Never

be a case where some one can reliably 2-3 hit someone in 80ql plate w/o Critical Hits or Artifacts

Boomhauer unlocked the Staff skill with the hits to me by the way.

I was getting knocked over every hit, 5 second stun=a good chance to instantly double hit someone

Edited by Gone420
  • Like 2

MR so bad, they are just desperate for an advantage. It's hilarious.

Nobody complains how its possible to 1-3 shot someone in plate with a huge axe, how is a staff with a situational bonus any different?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this