Sign in to follow this  
Ronguor

Login Servers down, again!

I do not know if this is another DDOS attack or just bad code, but the effects are the same. The truth is that it has become beyond bearable. 

Normally I can be patient with a little issue here or there, but this is beginning to look like either laziness or cheapness. While I know the potential destructiveness of a DDOS attack, even the best ones can't keep a site down this long and this often unless you are simply doing NOTHING to fight it. Even my own little ISP provides protection against DDOS. If your ISP is so lame that they can't manage this, then you need to stop being cheap and get a new ISP. If it is a code issue, then stop making new features and get the game stable.

I have not been able to play once all weekend now. One day of premium is not going to replace the 4 days now that this has been going on. 

Also, I understand that you all are not in our time zones and might be all cuddled up in bed. Well guess what! You are running a full time server and charging people for it. That is right we are PAYING for this game. Therefore you are now full time. Someone needs to be on call and ready to go the second a server goes down. There really is no exception here. Even when I was running a pathetic little MineCraft server, I made a notification system so that I was instantly notified any time the server was down or inaccessible. And I wasn't even charging money for access to the server. 

The first few times this has happened I understood and was patient with  you. But this is the line. If this is a DDOS attack I am incredibly sorry to say, I think the attackers have beaten you miserably. I have no plans to renew any of the premium accounts I pay for, unless I see you have actually done something SERIOUS to fix and prevent these issues.

• Like 4

Normally I can be patient with a little issue here or there, but this is beginning to look like either laziness or cheapness.

Welcome to wurm.

IMO the main issue is we have one login server and 12 other servers reliant on it being up to work; there is zero redundancy; we really need some sort of 'offline-mode' where if the login server crashes existing players can still login and it just blocks out shop purchases and creation of new characters or something.

• Like 4

IMO the main issue is we have one login server and 12 other servers reliant on it being up to work; there is zero redundancy; we really need some sort of 'offline-mode' where if the login server crashes existing players can still login and it just blocks out shop purchases and creation of new characters or something.

This