Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 5

Surprise, surprise! A ship carrier! Very nice unexpected *secret* addition to the game. Will be cool to just have a few ships around decorating the deed upon them. Wagons looking good as well, of course.

Hmmm, that February 18th date seems familiar to me. EQ Landmark perhaps? Anyway, I doubt I will spend much time over there as the building and environmental effects seem not to nearly compare with Wurm's quaint beauty, which holds me firmly within its grasp despite the various wurms holes within which at times penetrate its delicate balance.

Many nice features to be added, which the RedBaron has touched upon in these past weeks updates. Looking forward to it all with hopes for the best tempered by forbearance for those inevitable small glitches which must be worked through as they arise out of the depths of the unknown. The sunrise shall soon enough be upon us all who anticipate its Wurm embrace. Something to look forward to with timeline now defined out of nebulosity.

*tips hat*

=Ayes=

The new reinforced walls..... :angry: Looks weird when it's only texture on a flat wall.

Pic

That looks really strange IMHO..

Overall though awesome work! That boat is freaking beautiful..

Oh My Actual God Ship Carrier!!!!!!!!!! I live on a mountain top and trying to make a boat has been a royal pain in the a** for me! I have a small pathway down to water but that part is off deed. In the end I built a boat house down there but severely under estimated just how fast off-deed decay was and now its rotted away (maybe one wall left). So now with this awesome addition I can build new boats on deed at the top of my mountain and then take them down to the off-deed dock. That is just great :-)

It's kinda sad that I'm so excited about it lol!

• Like 1

no bridges, it is not great update  :(

Some people are just so hard to please.

Looking great! The ship carrier will help all of us a LOT for those on the lake xP (Can move my corbita to the sea finally lol)

Also does that carry unfinished ships?

Great additions.  Any news on when the load function will be active?  I have a few forges and bed I really want to load on a cart and take to my other deed.  Thanks.

/offtopic

"Hmmm, that February 18th date seems familiar to me. EQ Landmark perhaps"

EQNL Alpha is supposed to start Feb 28th. ;)

/ontopic

I shall withhold my comments to the patch other than it's nice to have a date.

WHIP? WHIP???? Where is whippppp!????

Also nice update, the ship carrier is very helpful :D .

/offtopic

"Hmmm, that February 18th date seems familiar to me. EQ Landmark perhaps"

EQNL Alpha is supposed to start Feb 28th. ;)

/ontopic

I shall withhold my comments to the patch other than it's nice to have a date.

Actually, alpha for Landmark starts sooner than that (hopefully by the 31st as that's when the community event happens where people can play the game in San Diego). Banished is set to release on the 18th, however. :)

On topic.. great news! Can't wait to make my wagon. I've been breeding some bison in anticipation. :D

Just wondering, how is that ship carrier going to carry a caravel? You say it will carry all ship types but i just cant see it carry a caravel... 

• Like 1

Awesome! Does this mean we are finally getting the new boat and ship models??

Now I can finally load the game, but if I try to move it crashes with a <null> as reason for the crash. I have set everything to lowest settings and disabled many others, but still can't play it. This is on a computer I just received as a Christmas Gift on December 25, 2013.

I've been playing on my older computer until this update. Now that computer crashes before the game even completes loading. I am really getting pissed because I just spent over $50.00 buying silver and paying for premium status.

Maybe I should just sue the game creators for trashing my old computer...

It's wonderful that the only support is located in the game, but if game won't play then you have no support to fix the problems.

Now I can finally load the game, but if I try to move it crashes with a <null> as reason for the crash. I have set everything to lowest settings and disabled many others, but still can't play it. This is on a computer I just received as a Christmas Gift on December 25, 2013.

I've been playing on my older computer until this update. Now that computer crashes before the game even completes loading. I am really getting pissed because I just spent over $50.00 buying silver and paying for premium status.

Maybe I should just sue the game creators for trashing my old computer...

It's wonderful that the only support is located in the game, but if game won't play then you have no support to fix the problems.

You do, post in the maintenance section here on the forums 

wow thats awsome I just wish to god I had knowen the ship hauler was comeing I just spent over a month making ship tunnels to my make so I had access and securring them so the lake doesnt get filled up with abandoned ships now I dont need the tunnel and anyone can move ship to the lake and leave it .  A double losse for me as normal I never perdict right or make the right choices.

Maybe not that bad.  I assume that the ship has to be empty to be put on the carrier that you cant use it like a over sized wagon with 4K dirt being hauled in the ship?

Edited by Trepper

bridges won't be in this release, all the other things will

How come bridge graphics were added to the graphics.jar today?

How come bridge graphics were added to the graphics.jar today?

There are a ton of unused graphics in the graphics.jar

awsome, a ship carrier! i can see so many ships left everywhere onland now due to deaths hahaha!!

I would also like to know about loading unfinished ships. Also what furniture will be loadable :P

Just wondering, how is that ship carrier going to carry a caravel? You say it will carry all ship types but i just cant see it carry a caravel... 

shia-labeouf-magic-gif.gif

• Like 14

shia-labeouf-magic-gif.gif

This post might make you my favorite staff member hahaha