RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 5

Art Changelog 

R1726

——2013-01-30——-

• Added Seryll Chain and Plate Armour

Added Seryll Basinet-, Great- and Open Helmets

Added blood hit particles for players

Fixed Lava Spider corpse and butchered model (black)

Updated Yoke, Yoke pile and Yoke unfinished

Updated String of Cloth, Tenon, Whip, Yoyo and piles

Updated Leather piece and pile

As always silent ninja patch in launcher ;-)

Edited by vill

Is crates/mass transfer still slated for release? The ability to transfer from ground to a crate so we can transport large amounts of materials? (WIth wagons I think it was planned.)

• Like 1

Maybe RedBaron_Johan can post a list of the things that will make the 1.2 update, will keep the guessing to a minimum :D

• Like 2

yeah I was faster than news :P  I am just picking up ;-)

That ship carrier was completely unexpected... But i can't imagine transporting a caravel on something as small as that... Also i wonder if we are getting any other hidden features that we havent been shown yet 

• Like 1

Lol, that was last year apparently :P

Also, I see this coming update is scheduled for a Tuesday - Good plan! We all like things to work from the off, but history has shown us that the big releases tend to come with some teething troubles, so it will be great to have everything ship-shape for the weekend!

Do we have a time of day planned yet? :D Lots of us like to trainspot the upgrade and lots like to dive in head first to be the new feature junkies.

Lol, that was last year apparently :P

Also, I see this coming update is scheduled for a Tuesday - Good plan! We all like things to work from the off, but history has shown us that the big releases tend to come with some teething troubles, so it will be great to have everything ship-shape for the weekend!

I'm already having creepy visions of being able to load up other peoples moored ships and stuff on other deeds XD

Lets hope the loading has been tested on every item, under every circumstance :P

What was it The Great Veggie Loss of 2013 when the bsbs volumes werent matched and people lost thousands of garlic or whatever it was cuz they 'shrunk' going into the bsb by 100 fold? :(

Reinforced cave walls, anvils i think? ores and other items got an update as well. Side effects of this update include: broken icons 

Excellent

I believe the Fine Carpentry skill required for building the Wagon is 40.

Will the Ship Carrier be the same??

Does anyone know the material requirements for both?

I wonder if we are getting sitting this update? Rolf talked about it in the last Q&A

[18:34:41] <Docterchese> >> Will players be able to hang items such as picture frames, wheels etc. on walls at any point in the immediate future? Also, will players be able to put things like knives and forks on tables in the future?

[18:34:58] <Rolf> yes to both those but when is hard to say

[18:35:17] *** Fulblade has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)

[18:35:17] <Rolf> we're going to solve sitting first

[18:35:20] *** GiuseppeP936 has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)

[18:35:24] <Rolf> so it may come around that time

[18:35:33] <Rolf> can't promise

[18:35:33] <Rolf> .

Is this happening next update? Please say yes. How hard could it be to code sitting? 

Edited by atazs

The Seryll armour looks "bloody" amazing in that red. I'm tempted to wear it instead of my fish scale. :P

Excellent

I believe the Fine Carpentry skill required for building the Wagon is 40.

Will the Ship Carrier be the same??

Does anyone know the material requirements for both?

I built one yesterday on test, it was a higher % (so easier to make) than the wagon. For the requirement, just log on test and check the recipe list. It's there. The ship transporter is basicly 3 logs, some small nails, 2 wheels axes and a few planks and a few shafts. Add more planks, shafts and a few sheets and remove the logs for the wagon.

Edited by Serpentarius

I built one yesterday on test, it was a higher % (so easier to make) than the wagon. For the requirement, just log on test and check the recipe list. It's there. The ship transporter is basicly 3 logs, some small nails, 2 wheels axes and a few planks and a few shafts. Add more planks, shafts and a few sheets and remove the logs for the wagon.

The new reinforced walls..... :angry: Looks weird when it's only texture on a flat wall.

0rm1dg2.jpg

Edited by Sharkin

Nice!!! And the boat carriers are a very nice surprise. Looking forward to owning one in my shipyard.

Those boat carriers are going to change home server raiding. I'm not sure if it will be good or bad though...