Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Rice

Not much to say really.

A cereal crop, which similar to wheat, oats, etc can be ground into flour and bread. Un-ground crop can even be cooked with water and eaten on its own. Not to mention eventually being usuable for distilling and brewing.

Unlike the other cereal crops, rice would be farmed in the same manner reeds are.

Seed-wise, not entirely sure. Perhaps foraging/botanizing marsh tiles.

In terms of usefulness it would provide people with limited land (say islands) an alternative cereal crop.

Very filling food with a number of nutritional benefits; however, I'll leave the food values to Devs for balance needs.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 3

As every time one of these foodstuff suggestions comes up. +1

Sounds great.

Haven't I seen missions in game already where the objective is to sacrifice X number of decent rice?

Would be nice to be able to complete that one. :P

Sounds great.

Haven't I seen missions in game already where the objective is to sacrifice X number of decent rice?

Would be nice to be able to complete that one. :P

I swear i've seen rice mentioned somewhere in game too, quite possibly in one of the missions!

When gods can ask for it, and i can make missions using it, it already exists as an "item"

Rolf needs to finish it.

And finish valrei

What? nonononno. No rice beer, no rice wine! Blegh. But otherwise, as long as you can't use it in brewing, +1

What? nonononno. No rice beer, no rice wine! Blegh. But otherwise, as long as you can't use it in brewing, +1

Good joke.

I eat rice everyday. From that statement I'm not sure if I get sick of rice or too used to it to eat it in game...

Rice is already implemented as a farmable crop just you can't botanize any seeds to sow the first crop.

• Like 1

Rice is already implemented as a farmable crop just you can't botanize any seeds to sow the first crop.

if I toss some silvers to the well, can I have that first rice seed? :P

I smell next month's Loyalty item.

Perhaps its already possible to bot/for on some oddball tile. Personally Marsh seemed like a good fit, shallow water theme and theres no real usage for it atm.

Though I am unaware if the Rice functions as a shallow water crop? That stuck out to me as a major point.