Sign in to follow this  
Protunia

New item - Horse Whip / Riding Crop

Here's a thought....

What if you could choose when to use lightning movement on a horse?

By using this new item called a whip you could trigger your horse use its speed boost from lighting movement.

The Cool Down would be a 1-10 mins timer where the horse would not use lightning movement at all.

The Whip Quality could determine the duration of the Cool Down or the Duration on the Lightning Movement.

Anyhow just a thought...might be fun during horses racing events or even be useful to get away!! :D

Item - Horse Whip / Riding Crop

Skills - Leather Working, Tailoring, Rope Making, Carpentry.

Creation -.50kg of leather, .50 kg wood, .25 kg wemp fiber.

Weight -1.25kg

Possible Options - Add light wounds to Horse as a Trade off for using the Whip more often over time for increased speed Duration.

Success of speed boost based on AH skill ( maybe Duration as well? )

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 1

9 pages of PvPers sayin -1 [just wait for it]

+1 for freedom anyway, even tho it's not really an necessity if ur horse is already well geared

Edited by silakka

While your idea might be reasonable, to chose when your horse gets max speed,

I find whips to be very cruel way to treat animals and i Love animals (not supporting hunting etc IRL, tho i enjoy it in wurm only for skill gains)

(+1 if i can use it to whip Protunia)

Edited by DonAngelo

+1 to use it for emergency speed boost. Adds a very light wound and a speed boost then horse falls into Hurting stage (and speed) for a few seconds when it ends. You can keep beating the horse to keep it fast but you'll slowly kill it and make it slower once the effect wears off. Sounds like a good trade-off.

Whip QL could affect speed of boost, duration of buff timer, or damage caused by the whip (higher ql means lower damage to horse).

Edited by Stonesolid
  • Like 1

+1 to use it for emergency speed boost. Adds a very light wound and a speed boost then horse falls into Hurting stage (and speed) for a few seconds when it ends. You can keep beating the horse to keep it fast but you'll slowly kill it and make it slower once the effect wears off. Sounds like a good trade-off.

Whip QL could affect speed of boost, duration of buff timer, or damage caused by the whip (higher ql means lower damage to horse).

I like the keep beating option for longer burst! :D

If Protunia gets a riding crop, I want to be able to raise fighting cocks.

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Elen, January 26, 2014 - Hidden as off topic.
Hidden by Elen, January 26, 2014 - Hidden as off topic.

-1 highly unethical, we don't have the option to play a character of color we sure shouldn't be beating horses.

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Elen, January 26, 2014 - Quoting a hidden post.
Hidden by Elen, January 26, 2014 - Quoting a hidden post.

-1 highly unethical, we don't have the option to play a character of color we sure shouldn't be beating horses

This.

Aye if one isnt skilled enough.

Skilled users would merely crack the ends where the horses could hear without actually hitting.

Aye if one isnt skilled enough.

Skilled users would merely crack the ends where the horses could hear without actually hitting.

Exactly...

Oh theres also crops (aka riding crops and riding whips) that can be considered to be under a main Whip skill.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Elen, January 26, 2014 - Quoting a hidden post.
Hidden by Elen, January 26, 2014 - Quoting a hidden post.

-1 highly unethical, we don't have the option to play a character of color we sure shouldn't be beating horses.

This.

Why not suggest spurs, which was commonly used anyway in the middle ages?

-1 anyway.

I would +1 something like a carrot on a stick though.

Use horse whip, horse activates speed boosts, success based on AH skill.

Wow, people are seriously complaining that it's "unethical"? Even overrun-by-political-correctness Wikipedia doesn't have a "Controversy" section under the entry for riding crops. I'd cite the history of horsemanship in what could be considered analogous time periods, not to mention today, but I guess you guys just want even more fantasy in your fantasy game.

Edited by Tuhljin