Sign in to follow this  
Wox

Fog and buffs (Player status effect)

if i ever see 100% fog imma smack somebody.. no please.

100% fog is already in game. It's the stuff that kills your vision to a few feet. So what are you complaining about?  

The fog on the test server looks less clumpy and more real, I like it! +1

Are sorcerers going to get a ton of permanent buff markers?

Yes

+1 to pretty fog, but I don't see why this was a priority over things like very outdated models, etc.

+1 to pretty fog, but I don't see why this was a priority over things like very outdated models, etc.

Because different people work on different things and this was a quick thing to fix

• Like 2

Are you gonna make rain feel like rain and snow feel like snow? Because I don't ever notice when it's pouring

Good work guys. not that any of it is useful to me.  But one day when your crayons are lonely, could you please draw some flowers on our hedges. Would love more color in game . :D

Hate fog, so dislike the fact that were are getting an update where it completely blinds your visual ability. 100% on the unstable client is bad enough. 100% on test... I can't see a damn thing (your picture proves that).

As for the buff boxes; they don't concern me. It's a pvp update. They look nice, though.

• Like 1

I wouldn't use the buff bar thingies so no opinion on them.

I'm not sure I understand what the update to fog is... Is it more dense, or just smoother or something?

+1 For both

The only thing I would suggest is different color schemes for each type of buff- Green background for positive buffs, Yellow for neutral buffs, Red for negative. (Or something similar)

• Like 1

Cam anyone explain the purpose in having a full-out fog?  Is there some pvp-related gameplay it adds that I just don't know about, because otherwise I just don't understand what it adds.

Pvp, maybe......I could see people trying to fight in fog, oh my god. heh

More of a PVE thing for myself, makes me get lost and have to do my best to figure out where landmarks are and find my way home or to my location.

+1 to both. :P

-1 to buffs, It looks like a mainstream mmo like WoW

I love the fog though, the point of thick fog is to get lost, makes te game more fun.

The fog looks great. Much more realistic. Can't wait to see it in game.

And I love the Happy Dog icon for new players :) Too cute!

I complain about fog in game, but secretly I love it o.o +1 to both

Fog is cool. I hate it when out sailing, but it adds to the survival part of the game, so I like it at the same time :)

But less clumpy.. I don't know, especially when the fog is not so dense, in reality fog is more clumpy, like small clouds that shift in transparency. More smooth fog looks less realistic to me except in the very dense fog cases. 

The icons is a good addition but the graphics on those doesn't look very Wurm do they? Might be becuase we see them all at once in that picture, in real situations there will be only a few visible, might be ok then...

looking good. I also like the buff icon bar. It'd be nice to see it without having to look at a spell effects window that I hardly ever find as it is. The icons with a "smaller" or "none" option will work well.

The fog looks better, but that said I'd prefer it if the 100% fog was removed entirely or made really, really rare. I usually log out when 'the fog of death' hits because I can't do a dang thing outside of the house. And it usually hits several times in a span of a couple of days, way too often.

I've been playing for two years and I've only seen 100% fog twice.  Maybe I'm just lucky?

Great news on the toggle off of buff icons, as another feature I will be glad to have hidden and never need have the screen obscured with all that "necessary" information. As for the fog, I have no indication of what your intention is there since no specifics have been mentioned other than some pictures that can be open to various interpretations.

=Ayes=

Sorry but NO to the fog. I see no difference except that it is even stronger than before. It's made even worse by the fact that you have the same fog indoors.

If I log into the game and all I see is a uniform grey screen and can expect to see the same uniform grey screen for the next couple hours. I'll log back out and play something else.

Luckily you can simply turn off the fog ang get full sight. But what is the point of a game feature, that you can never turn on, because it makes it impossible to play?