Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Moved rarity drumrolls

Most rarity drumrolls have been moved to the end of the action by strong demand

PMK rulers may now remove settlements. The settlement converts to the template kingdom after 24 hours with warnings every half hour.

Hell Horse fire breath damage was toned down a lot.

Being expelled from a kingdom no longer triggers the two week grace period

Optimisations in the code has made restarting the game servers faster

• Like 6

does those deeds can join another pmk or select theirs template kingdom? :S

• Hell Horse fire breath damage was toned down a lot.

Will they still harm the same kingdom(horses and players)?

So when were the drumrolls complained about? Private IRC and emails? Uggghhh -1

• Like 1

Sad no change to tower guards....

At least you did read some suggestions!!

Edited by KanePT

• Most rarity drumrolls have been moved to the end of the action by strong demands

okay. so obviously i missed something here. Why wanted the community the drumrolls moved to the end of the action?

okay. so obviously i missed something here. Why wanted the community the drumrolls moved to the end of the action?

I have no idea. I still haven't caught up on to how the so-called rarity farmers operate, so, yeah...

Of course this while rarity farming is simply a symptom of the greater issue which is that Code club never gives any actual information towards how mechanics should work, which then leads to only a small few exploiting those mechanics for a while until code club catches up, and by then those players already made a small fortune.

If we had a inkling on how rarity works, then more people would have found out how to exploit it, probably we'd have had feedback on it close to a year ago, when the system was created, and this wouldn't have come to happen.

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 1

So when were the drumrolls complained about? Private IRC and emails? Uggghhh -1

There have been several threads lately about people and how they use the rare notification and action cancelling.

-1 on the rarity window. Another case where some freedom elite whine to Rolf

• Like 1

does those deeds can join another pmk or select theirs template kingdom? :S

the king can kick any deed he wants to and the deed that want to leave can't leave unless he says so.

• Like 1

Great job on the rarity window moving...at least now they will spend time doing the actions required.

• Like 1

Can someone explain how that rarity thing worked, am quite curious.

Can someone explain how that rarity thing worked, am quite curious.

As i understand it, you have a 20 second rarity window (per hour?). and can add another 10 seconds to it with deed bonus. So max 30 seconds.This even isn't triggered by an action, but just randomly is available during each hour. So rare farmers have been starting / stopping actions over and over throughout the entire hour waiting to see the drumroll, then spitting out as many rares as possible in the 20-30 second window because creation is 100% success chance to go rare.

I could be wrong though, as i've never done it, and didn't have it spelled out for me, i think thats how it goes though.

**EDIT** I suppose if I am correct though, there is still some room for abuse in the system. Also i'm not sure if the window is guaranteed per hour and just randomly happens, or maybe it is actually triggered by the start of an action.

Edited by Xor

Ah.

Its odd though, by that logic i should have way more rares... I've been creating items by the hundreds lately, always with less tha 10s timers, by that logic, with each created rare, i should get at least another one...

As i understand it, you have a 20 second rarity window (per hour?). and can add another 10 seconds to it with deed bonus. So max 30 seconds.This even isn't triggered by an action, but just randomly is available during each hour. So rare farmers have been starting / stopping actions over and over throughout the entire hour waiting to see the drumroll, then spitting out as many rares as possible in the 20-30 second window because creation is 100% success chance to go rare.

I could be wrong though, as i've never done it, and didn't have it spelled out for me, i think thats how it goes though.

**EDIT** I suppose if I am correct though, there is still some room for abuse in the system. Also i'm not sure if the window is guaranteed per hour and just randomly happens, or maybe it is actually triggered by the start of an action.

Of course it would mean that they moved the creation rarity window for this to have been stopped.

The post says 

• Most rarity drumrolls have been moved to the end of the action by strong demand

So I would assume that is the case.

All that is changed it now instead of being able to cancel cancel and do more and more actions you would have to do the entire action and wait to see if you actually made it into the rare window.

Will it slow down rare farmers??? maybe a little, but they will not be using the cancel method to ensure 100% they catch the window.

I don't agree with rarity window change. -1

Edited by Mantas

Some people were crying that they couldn't get rares so now they moved the visual drum roll sequence.

gna4vrp.jpg?1

• Like 11

Yeah I could be wrong. Between different posts (because it seems like nobody wants to talk about it for fear of dev involvement when it becomes mainstream lol) that is what I came up with.

Why not just make the chance of getting rare by improving a bit higher?

• Like 4

Now this is frustrating :(

There were at least two threads recently debating rares full of good and even better ideas how to amend the situation...

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/94373-again-on-rarity-issues-questionssuggestions/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/94002-rare-raw-resource-to-rare-refined-item/

and BANG devs took the easiest and least popular of them...

They are of course free to do so... but please spare us pitiful propaganda about "strong demand" :angry:

Edited by Tavariell
  • Like 7

Hey, you wrote something incorrect here, 

• Most rarity drumrolls have been moved to the end of the action by strong demand

correctly it should be

• Most rarity drumrolls have been moved to the end of the action by people whining to rolf in irc
  • Like 4

Haven't seen any demand for it.  

Edited by atazs

Sign in to follow this