Sign in to follow this  
Apotheon

GLSL shader

Ok. My world exploded when I sailed under the one by the canal. It crashed again when I went under the big one in the northeast. Wooden and stone didn't affect anything.

Just my two cents, in case it could help...

I'm running WO with GLSL Shader=Core (VBO=Core, FBO=Extension) without any issue on an Early 2013 Macbook Pro 15" (retina).

Graphic card (embedded) is NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M.

MacOS = 10.10.5.

Cheers

Sorry to necropost, but this is much more important now that GLSL is required for placing items. Seems outrageous to lock iMac users out of a feature that worked just fine before, with fix seemingly already existent in a test client!

So far my client works with glsl_debug_loading on, so why not make that the default? The problem is that placing items doesn't recognize glsl_debug_loading as glsl, and actually turning glsl on crashes the client/makes it unusable. Perhaps there's a dirty hack to trick wurm into thinking that glsl is on, while actually using the working debug shaders?

Edited by Libitinia
  • Like 1

GLSL debug loading option does completely nothing if GLSL is disabled.

There's no trick to it, placing items won't be possible without enabling GLSL.

Some people play Wurm just fine on Macs with GLSL on, perhaps some driver updates would suffice.

And even if I'm mistaken about the config option, there's still the working test client, no?