Sign in to follow this  
Protunia

We can Bury/Repair/Imp/Butcher/Loot from a horse while moving....why not pick sprouts,apples,cherries,etc?

Sprout and Fruit Picking from Horseback.  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Should players be able to Pick Sprouts and fruit from Horseback?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should Burying Corpses be allowed from Horseback?

• Yes
    • No

Simple...

I see no reason at all we should be able to butcher /loot / bury corpses / repair /imp from horse back and not be able to pick sprouts and fruit from trees as well.

So  I ask that the ability be given to pick sprouts and fruit from horseback!!

What say you?

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 4

Pick sprouts, No, doesnt make much of sense. -1

Bury corpses from horse back, +1, its about aesthetics, if you remove that, many would not bother to bury corpses having all map one huge graveyard.

Pick sprouts, No, doesnt make much of sense. -1

Bury corpses from horse back, +1, its about aesthetics, if you remove that, many would not bother to bury corpses having all map one huge graveyard.

So you do not think you could pick a sprout or fruit from horseback in RL.... ok then....thank you.

Burying Corpses from horseback never seemed about "aesthetics" to me and more about not having to get off your horse while hunting to cover your tracks.....

Need I also remind people you can repair items as well........From horseback...while moving...

Edited by Protunia

I say a BIG FAT YES to this.....you should be able to pick sprouts and fuit from horseback and a cart when driving.

As for burying corpses ...i would say not ....it's not realy possible to do that IRL .....as for sprouts and fuit - some people do use carts to do this IRL anyway so why not in Wurm.

Great Idea Lord Protunia +1 ;)

if it wasnt so laggy and 'hard' to get off / on horse, then I would put a -1

but as we are lazy.. it must be a +1 ;P

+1, if we can do other stuff while on horseback then we can pick sprouts on horseback.

+1, Would make gathering the spouts quicker. Atm I just drop all my gear into a raft(so i can run from agros if needed), hop off my cart and run around with my sickle. Gets quite annoying to do this when getting oak sprouts as the places around me to get them are spaced out quite a bit.

+1 idea of picking sprouts and tree fruits from horseback or from cart is brilliant and logical, Protunia you surprised me nicely :rolleyes:

while to burry without need of disembark is somewhat problematic question

- on one side it is logical to do it this way, disembark, burry, embark, kill another one and repeat it

- on other side I'm sure it would lead to nearly nobody will burry corpses

it is not big problem on low "wild hunting" servers as Indy, but for example on Cele I can't (no, do not even want to) imagine not burry corpses ... I can kill 10-20 animals just in free 5 tiles perimeter of my small (1s per month) deed every 3-5 hour again and again, not cleaning that mess after 3 days it will be hard to distinguish alive beasts from corpses, so my vote is for keep burry from cart/horseback as it is now even if my logic gnash its teeth

EDIT: close to my place there is desert, often used by lazy hunters, sometimes littered by corpses every few tiles ... it is not that funny fighting 2-3 crocs at the same time, which were hiding in corpses (hehe, at last negative gang bonus is used often there now)

Edited by Zakerak

+1 idea of picking sprouts and tree fruits from horseback or from cart is brilliant and logical, Protunia you surprised me nicely :rolleyes:

Thanks and yes it is Quite Logical compared to what we can do on horses atm.

May be dependent on body control. Higher skill equals more abilities on horse back.

Protunia,

you're mixing things up:

Burying corpses is a task that doesn't give much skill nor benefit, but is wished to keep the areas clean, and to reduce the load on the servers/ on bandwidth.
So it's OK to be able to do from horseback, else even less ppl would care of and we all would drown in rotting corpses.

Picking sprouts/ etc., on the other hand, is kind of a harvesting action. All other of those, as well as all creating and imping actions, require to be on solid ground.

If you'd be honestly for realism and congruence you'd have asked: Why can we butcher/ loot from horseback?
Because this is something actually breaking the usual rules.
So, as I have learned from you, -1, and a cordial "Get to work", lazybone ;-)))

I'd rather suggest to just annihilate all such limits. Why not be able to cook, smith, mine, imp etc. from horseback? Would it do any harm?

And instead give small incentives to such "server-keeping" as burying corpses etc., maybe 1 karma/ corpse, or 1 nutrition, 0.001(?) to a random characteristic or anything else?

Have fun!

• Like 1

Um...You can SMITH/IMP and yes butcher/loot and probably cook as well from horse back while moving.....

If you notice the things we can do while riding and moving....

It seems more about making  PvP easier than cleaning up the area....

The funny thing is all those things seem illogical compared to picking fruit or a sprout from a Tree...

Just Saying...

Edited by Protunia

+1 to sprouts and fruit, -1 to burying creatures.

You should be on the ground to make a grave. Whereas, as others have said, you can pick sprouts and fruits in a similar manner IRL, so it makes sense to be able to do it from horseback - not moving, though, because then you'd ride away from the tree.

I find it hilarious that you shot down the suggestion to change to surface mining, Protunia, with the reasoning of:
"-1  its not supposed to be easy...."
and then you go and create a suggestion like this...

I'll +1 your suggestion, but I really can't believe the extent of hypocrisy.

• Like 1

I just couldn't help myself there. I voted yes to both. Sprout picking is a bit of a pain and considering we pick them to replant and make things look good, it should be as easy as it can be.
As for corpes, I think they make everything look ugly so anything that will increase what people bury is a good thing.

I also couldn't help myself :) I just want to be like Protunia and make big, red or green -1 and +1 signs, so that everyone notices me. As for the suggestion, I agree with the pruning, but burring something from a horse seems silly. Still, in the name of aesthetics... what the hell.

Man, I am starting to sound like Alex :)

i never did understand why it wasn't a feature before. but again that makes sense....smithing, burying, etc, doesn't so that's why its like that. make it fair for all players with all playing styles not just the hunter or none at all.

How many people want to run around in the woods and pick sprouts without armor. compared to those on horse back in full armor never having to stop while they kill and butcher. Maybe the fix would be to make skill gain impossible on horseback so the only gain from it would be aesthetics. make anything possible on horseback but at a price of no skill gain(not including fighting), then everyone is happy and if you dont like that idea your just in favor for personal gain with no care for other players needs.

I find it hilarious that you shot down the suggestion to change to surface mining, Protunia, with the reasoning of:

"-1  its not supposed to be easy...."

and then you go and create a suggestion like this...

I'll +1 your suggestion, but I really can't believe the extent of hypocrisy.

Ok I'll bite.....

Thing is one lets you Modify the game world in ways that takes a lot of effort to repair.....The other Simply acquires an item from and item giving source.

I do not think it should be easy to do somethings like modifying/destroying the game world.

Digging does this quite fast enough, but can be repaired easily with dirt in a lot of cases.

Mining takes away rock and then you are left with having to repair it with concrete......I made some and its....A PITA.

Now as far as this suggestion being the same as modifying or destroying the surface of the game world....not even close.

Interesting Poll results even with me making the suggestion. :P

The whole system needs overhaul IMHO ;)

It should be based on skill (body control for that) – for example:

21 – you can ride a horse;

22 – pick fruits from trees;

23 – pick sprouts;

24 – butcher/bury;

25 – repair;

26 – heal.

I do not have any strong stance on exact levels and activities - the list should be furthered probably.

Moreover – all those activities and more (imping, creation) should be accessible easier from large cart and wagons to help those restless souls that prefer to vagabond rather than settle.

I know this is off topic, but

Thing is one lets you Modify the game world in ways that takes a lot of effort to repair.....The other Simply acquires an item from and item giving source.

I do not think it should be easy to do somethings like modifying/destroying the game world.

Digging does this quite fast enough, but can be repaired easily with dirt in a lot of cases.

Mining takes away rock and then you are left with having to repair it with concrete......I made some and its....A PITA.

Now as far as this suggestion being the same as modifying or destroying the surface of the game world....not even close.

Well, you basically nailed the REAL problem right there: concrete is too hard to create. For something that was supposed to help us fix the problems that came with Rolf's "critters now mine" decision, and his random "let's take 3 extra slopes out of one corner, even though you just mined straight forward" mining actions, it's almost not even worth creating.

Now, if concrete were easier to make, no one would feel like the act of surface mining is a griefing tool, and the silly stigma we have in this community about how it's okay to manipulate dirt tiles all day long, but not okay to do so with rock would finally end up disappearing.

Obviously, that suggestion belongs in it's own topic, though.

As a forester myself, and one that has complained a lot about not being able to do it, I'm also against it.

Something in me enjoys being forced to walk while tending to my forest, and out on the search for more sprouts. So I have to say -/+ 1. As I would like to be able to do it, but it would also ruin the "feel" a little.