Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Drastic Drop in FPS after Jan.14 patch

I am experiencing a drastic drop in fps after today's patch. Before the patch my client used to run at about 50 - 60 fps (in normal, average environments). Now I'm playing at 16 - 20 fps, without having changed anything in the settings.

So, there seems to be an fps decrease by a factor of 2.5 - 3.0 !

Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

Nvidia Driver: 9.18.13.3182

Didn't notice any changes after the update, except some invisible stuff. My rig is intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz, 32Gb ram, SSD, GeForceGTX660. I got the compatibility settings (MultiDraw, GLSL, VBO and FBO) all set to Disabled and getting 200-300+ fps, the bad part about it is if I set those to extension I get crazy texture bugs where all animated items get messed up textures and if you set those to core you get fps drop down to ~30-40.

I always played with GLSL enabled, and still had an average of 50 fps. Now, I have to turn GLSL off in order to get decent framerates. However, without GLSL the water surface is almost invisible, so this is not a good solution :(

Yeah as always I am getting one full CPU core and everything else idling. However, from this new patch I get 15FPS, apparently it has trouble handling complex buildings.

You guys really do need to look into more threading. It isn't THAT hard.

I did some testing: you can a lot by changing the "shadows" setting.

Leaving GLSL enabled ("Core") I reduced the shadows from "Objects, Houses and Trees" to "Objects", and the FPS increased from 20 to 40. This also explains why FPS was back to 60 at night!

Hmm can confirm, drastic improvement turning shadows down to "Objects" only. Again, cpu use trailed off. Can we process shadows in another thread? ;)