Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Client and Server updates

yes mac is not good use windows that is better :P

Yes Windows and Worms do tend to get on well! ;)

Does anything in item #4 "There are some general fight tweaks:" relate to PvE servers?

And by "some general fight tweaks", do you mean that there are many more undocumented ones?

To the second question....Yes of course there's undocumented ones. There always are and those who find out the hard way will hopefully post it so others can be forewarned.

To the first question...I'd say probably yes since the code seems to be the same for pve and pvp.  Not necessarily anything intended I'm sure. If it does have an adverse affect for us, it'll be a side affect of their pvp focus, but that's the problem imo.  They make changes for pvp with no apparent interest or concern, if it's even thought of at all, to how it will affect pve people.  (Like the slower tower guards for instance, the changes to damage taken/given, and who knows what other stuff they tossed in under "general tweaks.")  And when something does get discussed in forums that would affect both pvp and pve, the pvp always supersedes the pve from what I've seen since I've been playing.  

Well I guess we'll see how this all plays out for the pve folks, maybe it'll be good maybe it'll be bad, but I must say it's not looking encouraging lately.  **sets aside Henny Penny hat for the time being**

Le sigh

• Like 2

HOW did the client team miss so many god damn bugs? Water missing? animations laggy? reinforcements missing? Theres so many damn bugs. 

PLEASE test before implementing. This just makes the game development look tacky :/

Not aiming to any of u personally but pls stop crying and enjoy the new diversity, give it a shot, complaning is too easy

• Like 3

why red have right  the fps go down guys become kick and must relog  many more bugs and for what we all would play and not wait 100 years  that the bugs is fixed

next we all hope that he test before he give us that all

Not aiming to any of u personally but pls stop crying and enjoy the new diversity, give it a shot, complaning is too easy

Thing is, after rolf asked us what we want changed in PvP, and then testing a bunch of things on test, we still get a new update full of bugs AND undocumented ninja nerfs that nobody asked for (no archery in great helms) and that is after i thought that wurm had a proper PR team, and actually made use of the test server, to avoid these things but i guess not. So yes we have every right to complain. And with FPS going down, and wurm being unplayable on mac that just gives us more right to complain.

Edited by atazs

Thing is, after rolf asked us what we want changed in PvP, and then testing a bunch of things on test, we still get a new update full of bugs AND undocumented ninja nerfs that nobody asked for (no archery in great helms) and that is after i thought that wurm had a proper PR team, and actually made use of the test server, to avoid these things but i guess not. So yes we have every right to complain. And with FPS going down, and wurm being unplayable on mac that just gives us more right to complain.

I havent seen a mayor update in wurm that worked out completely flawless in the first 24hours, it prolly will be fine tomorrow, or maybe the day after.

and about ninja nerfs, what else besides archery and great helms u speakin of?

I havent seen a mayor update in wurm that worked out completely flawless in the first 24hours, it prolly will be fine tomorrow, or maybe the day after.

And that's the whole point. It's sad 

I've been unable to log in since the update, keeps crashing.

Unexpected crash while playing

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.vecmath.Vector3f.getZ()F

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

and about ninja nerfs, what else besides archery and great helms u speakin of?

sry but play you wurm or wow  now when oyu would shoot with arrows you must drop the helm in your inventor to shoot would we that have no

better is sit in your deed adn shut up here late speak the guys what play right wurmonline

• Like 2

Since it seems feedback was useless in the last thread I'll repost some thoughts.

The changes for aggressive/defensive aren't necessary, they need attention yes, but this isn't how it should be.  High damage and cr bonus in aggressive encourages ganks/zergs because you can freely use extra damage/cr without a chance of dying and killing people faster.  Higher damage in defensive also means nobody in the gank will die, you already still hit enough in defensive as is, and combine that with LT, doing more damage means you'll heal more.

I'm not sure the reverse gank bonus really will do much.  One person still won't win against 5, sure it may help if you're all on foot and it's 1v2, but I imagine that's not really congestion and there wouldn't be much of a bonus (someone with data/testing could confirm/deny that).  I still feel there should be no bonus at all.

Battlecamps are just... they're useless now.  10 minutes?  Nobody is going to leave deed in search of a battlecamp and spend 10 minutes sitting there waiting to get zerged.  It just will encourage going to them with large groups, and nobody is going to backdoor a camp cap if they know they're running into a large group and they don't know how many.  Now add that the re-cappers get a massive 3 cr bonus used against them by everyone backdooring, that just encourages having an even larger group.  Look at tower caps, when's the last time someone tried capping and actually got backdoored?  I can only think of one time when BL had champs and a large double kingdom zerg chased them down, which exactly proves my point; nobody is going to want to do this, or they certainly won't want to once they get their ass handed to them.  We're supposed to be helping the smaller group/kingdom and give them a chance, as we can tell by changes like the reverse gank bonus, but then adding changes like this does not encourage small groups at all.  Sure, some people in every kingdom abused them from time to time, but it meant that small groups or solo players were actually going off deed, I mean, sure Ezalor capped a lot and got a lot of rank from them, but he was going out alone literally every day getting camps all over the map.  Should just fix the main issues had with them, like a 1:40 timer or somethin and the death tab message didn't pop until 40 seconds left, change that to the message pops the moment you hit conquer, and make it a 3 minute timer or so, 10 minutes is just far too long to encourage pvp and battlecamps to actually go together in the same sentence.  Maybe also drop the bonus to 1 cr, or give some other bonus instead.  Maybe make guards respawn like tower guards do, and respond to help calls.  Also make the guards not leave the camp area so we don't find a camp guard running down to a guard tower miles away like a homing missle.

As for the helm+archery nerf, I've got absolutely nothing else to say other than revert this asap.

• Like 2

id like to see Gavin's idea for Stances tried out on test server

• Like 1

Noticed a LOT of ninja changes that wern't mentioned in the client update list. Like why do i make a bad move and get insta-hit by everything that targets me as i run along now? (this includes things that target your horse too). Running along a road in enemy lands my combat lights up with "you make a bad move and are an easy target" for every guard and creature i roam past. 

Also everything Gary said ^ Most of these changes are just bad and i'm so so disapointed because i saw the way this was being done, asking the community for opinions and ideas then asking for people to test the changes on the test server. 

Then you guys go and throw my expectations into the dirt by slapping in buggy half-assed ideas, some of which were massively opposed by the community because YOU NEVER LISTEN!? What do we have to do around here to get someone on the Dev team who actually understands how pvp and raiding in wurm work? Or god forbid actually listens to the suggestions put forward....hell there's a whole sugestion board down there that has really good ideas ignored for months on end. FFS i've had a thread asking for something as simple as LETTING KINGS CHANGE THEIR TITLES, suggested in there for what...5 months now? onto its 11th page of bumps with no response from a dev.

• Like 10

I have concerns about the mine door change and its likely impact. Whilst I agree that minehopping has many faults, it was one of the very few tactical options a smaller group actually had at its disposal to defeat a larger one. Any change therefore to minehopping in my opinion should only have been made at the end of the process after other new changes had been put in place to give people different options to fight.

I do fear that this change will actually reduce the likelihood of small groups leaving deed as they know that once they are spotted they are very likely to get zerged unless they can run home again.

Edited by Rasputin

No archery whilst wearing great helm is dumb, only people who can archer now are rulers with crowns, dudes with summer hats or people who are really fast at clicking shoot then equip after 1 arrow. This is just gonna suck in PvP because everyone is just gonna get faceshot over and over.

Also I think it's pretty clear most people on Chaos wanted mine doors to stay how they were, granted on Epic clearly people want them like they are.

Furthermore it's obvious on Freedom they didn't want slower guards but on Chaos we do.

I feel like the 20 pages or whatever feedback posted in the 'help us test the new fighting system' was completely ignored :-\

• Like 2

Fun fact, bastinet helms don't affect archery.  

And after an hour or so running through enemy towers to see what the tower guard changes are like, our horses were actually getting hit more often as anything that targets your horse always hits immediately. And anything that targets you, you make a bad move.  My combat log was just a massive splodge of orange because of bad moves.

Macintosh users on Mountain Lion are unable to play the game at the moment, please fix or give an official word on the matter.

Lighting is too dark too now, After discussing it and comparing pics it seems like the problem is the light is barely cast a tile from the source, even with high QL lights. Also the culling settings are nice but i'd like to be able to choose higher than 200,

java.lang.SecurityException: Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar: http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jar
    at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployManifestChecker.verifyMainJar(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployManifestChecker.verifyMainJar(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Fix it pls, iMac users are screwed (PM me if you know how to go around this).

Macintosh users on Mountain Lion are unable to play the game at the moment, please fix or give an official word on the matter.

im on mavericks and i can't get it to work either :(

Furthermore it's obvious on Freedom they didn't want slower guards but on Chaos we do.

Hhahahahaha you made me laugh. Were you seriously expecting them to make a different code from freedom and the pvp servers? Hahahaha 

Sign in to follow this