Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Client and Server updates

The client had to be updated due to a manifest change in the new version of Java. We still had some improvements left we planned to do but it seems stable.

The client was updated to a new LWJGL version (2.9.1)

Some previously missing tile types should now be visible again. There is still a visibility bug with mine doors.

There are some general fight tweaks:

Aggressive style damage was tweaked upwards

Defensive style damage was tweaked upwards

You now receive CR bonus for attacking while aggressive

You now receive CR penalty against attacks while aggressive

Players now receive inverted gank CR bonus so you’ll be harder to hit (due to congestion)

Mounts should now be targeted more seldom

Tower guards were made slower

We’ll evaluate a new behaviour for off-deed mine doors. They now work like other doors and stay open to enemies 2 minutes after being passed while fighting

Battle camps now take 10 minutes to conquer

Battle camps now have 60 tiles radius influence

While in your own battle camp area you now how +3 Combat Rating

Current battle camps have been removed and will be replaced more strategically

• Like 1

Some previously missing tile types should now be visible again. There is still a visibility bug with mine doors.

And some other tile types - like WATER - have been made invisible. LOL.

• We’ll evaluate a new behaviour for off-deed mine doors. They now work like other doors and stay open to enemies 2 minutes after being passed while fighting

Why have you not listened to CHAOS PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by demondan

So far, feeling a bit more nippy (might be imagination).

Pity that there is already unorderly stupid posts.

Thank you for the update nevertheless devs!

Why have you not listened to CHAOS PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They did listen, and have decided to see how it works out with the new behaviour.

• Like 2

they could of tried it on epic to see how they liked it but fine

Well this game just got a whole lot more interesting.

• Like 1

Don't like the mine door changes or reverse gank but oh well

well actually have to evade the enemy then hide in a mindoor instead of jumping in one while arrows fly, could work might need lower to 1min who knows but gonna find out. Im sure he has seen the chaos unapproval.

Im sure its gonna get alot of people killed at first though, but just have change the way thing are done.

Edited by Rushy

That said people the poll on the chaos forums is only 41/50 split with 50% against and 9% don't care so it's not a resounding no from chaos. I am curious why the fighting styles were added when in my opinion Gavin's suggesting of altering attack and parry rates rather than damage was better but we shall see how this goes!

Things can always be altered after the initial implementation and as they said the update was released prematurely due to the client needing updating.

Edited by Fooligun

Don't like the Tower guards being slower on Freedom. Wouldn't be so bad if the guards were tethered and returned to the 20 tile radius they respond to calls in, when they are done chasing whatever... When the second set of guards that were called in, finish the kill (I didn't assist) before the first ones even arrived, it gets depressing.

• Like 2

That said people the poll on the chaos forums is only 41/50 split with 50% against and 9% don't care so it's not a resounding no from chaos. 

That can be said for pristine/release when it was around the same figure and because polls are unreliable and anyone can vote, the changes were not brought in. 

It was a resounding no to all those that bothered to post on the minehop thread.

Edited by demondan

there are times the developers make me want to cry, have you looked at where the majority of your players are playing?

thanks for more pvp stuff

• Like 1

"Players now receive inverted gank CR bonus so you’ll be harder to hit (due to congestion)"

Whats the point? Lets say there's a 5 vs 13 Sail boat vs knarr fight. Obviously the Knarr with 13 people are going to win.......With this new update your just making it longer to kill some one whose going to die no mater what.

The only way this update will be useful is if 8 people on the knarr sit back and watch 5 of their best guys 1v1 the people in the sail boat witch is stupid.

1. Some previously missing tile types should now be visible again. 

It looks like Lawn tiles are visible now. Will creating them be re-enabled soon and can we get more info on how they are supposed to behave? It looks like I have no nature options on mine unless I have a sprout active in which case it will allow me to plant it.

Does anything in item #4 "There are some general fight tweaks:" relate to PvE servers?

And by "some general fight tweaks", do you mean that there are many more undocumented ones?

1. The client had to be updated due to a manifest change in the new version of Java. We still had some improvements left we planned to do but it seems stable.

The client was updated to a new LWJGL version (2.9.1)

There are some general fight tweaks:

• Aggressive style damage was tweaked upwards This was high enough already, up to 33%

• Defensive style damage was tweaked upwards Defensive already worked fine, now it'll be used more than normal stance.

You now receive CR bonus for attacking while aggressive Ehhh could work if it wasn't for the insane extra damage

You now receive CR penalty against attacks while aggressive Too easy to switch stances quickly when being targetted in group pvp, this still leaves aggressive too powerful

Players now receive inverted gank CR bonus so you’ll be harder to hit (due to congestion) - Hopefully should be a decent change to prevent ganks being too overpowered, i suspect it'll cause more problems than it solves though.

Mounts should now be targeted more seldom - Great!

Tower guards were made slower - Decent change

We’ll evaluate a new behaviour for off-deed mine doors. They now work like other doors and stay open to enemies 2 minutes after being passed while fighting - Terrible idea that does nothing but screw over attacking forces in raids and discourage pvp, can't believe this got thrown in despite being 50/50 in polls (Chaos section)

Battle camps now take 10 minutes to conquer - Sounds good

Battle camps now have 60 tiles radius influence - Kay...

While in your own battle camp area you now how +3 Combat Rating - Some additional bonuses woulda been nice but this is something, so good.

Current battle camps have been removed and will be replaced more strategically - Fair enough.

My opinions ^

Overall i'd say this feels like 90% of the good ideas were ignored because they'd take a bit more effort to do and these simpler quick fixes were thrown in. Most of which are really bad ideas. I'd love to know why some people think otherwise =/

Edited by Nadroj

Current battle camps have been removed and will be replaced more strategically

that is now a jok i was run now near 1 hour and in teh middle from mr and kos or bl an kos no outpost

Does anything in item #4 "There are some general fight tweaks:" relate to PvE servers?

And by "some general fight tweaks", do you mean that there are many more undocumented ones?

The fight style fixes apply to pve servers, and i take #4 as being a list of all the things under it.

The inverted gank bonus seems fine, if you are outnumbered you actually can have a chance to do something before you die now, unlike before where being outnumbered=dead.

If its 5-1 or someone you probably still cant do anything, but 3-1 you might be able to kill someone if you outmatch them.

Sign in to follow this