Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Join in testing the new Fighting Tweaks.

I love, LOVE, LLOOOOVE the armour change idea and am good with most of the other changes. The only change I am not a fan of is the mine doors, I believe that this will actually just make people come off their deeds less, and only cut pvp hard. Having no where to make a tactical retreat to will only make people more fearful of losing their gear, maybe even just bumping the timer down to say 30 seconds would be better? that way if the enemy is directly behind you you can't just hop in a mine, nor can a group of people bounce in and out of a mine to kill with no risk to themselves. But the mine doors wont be completely useless, If you are obviously far ahead of the enemy you can still utilize a mine as a safe zone, but not abuse them to get free kills. Then again, I also think the bugs of mine doors should be fully worked out before anymore changes are applied to them, possibly only making them buggier.

Just an idea but for your armor chart maybe make armor closer to equal, and instead type of armor effects your fighting stance and speed. It would make more sense you can hit better and faster in leather than clunky plate.

• Like 1

97SplintMail.jpg

Splint armor :D

Edited by Clasin

Evasion chance statistics would be great too

+ add total near each armor

Not testing, but just looking at the tables and posts i can see a couple flaws:

1- Cloth is way too overpowered, it has overall more defensive points than studded leather. Check your balance please. I'd suggest, as a easy way, to give all armors a tier.

IE:

Tier I- Cloth and Leather Armor

Tier II- Chain, Studded, and Ring

Tier III- Drake, Splint and Scale

Tier IV- Plate and Dragon Scale

Then award each tier a pool of defense points (like 250 Tier I, 300 for Tier II, etc.)

THEN distribute the points across however you see fit from within that pool.

As it is, Cloth has more points than studded armor (280 cloth vs 245 leather) I mean, are you trying to convince me that normal cloth has more piercing and slashing resistance than leather? Then why the hell do people wore thick leather (pig skin) work gloves before the introduction of modern materials?

Also, don't make guards slower, or at least only on PvP. Stop making PVE suffer from PvP balances. For many starting players getting a guard quick can mean the difference between having to heal a couple wounds and having to do a sometimes impossible (because they can't locate where they were) trip back from the starter town.

• Like 3

Practically if you get hit with cloth armor you die faster than any armor so cloth has highest evasion rate according to wiki

i don't think it's true that cloth is stronger than leather

Practically if you get hit with cloth armor you die faster than any armor so cloth has highest evasion rate according to wiki

i don't think it's true that cloth is stronger than leather

Dude, did you even look at the original post?

cant shoot in great helms.

people will carry extra helm around.

unless you start to restrict say, plate cant use archery, then that addition will prove useless

• Like 1

Dude, did you even look at the original post?

The chart is showing evasion/glance% (you take zero damage) NOT damage reduction %

But to complete this they should also publish damage reduction% chart as we are now shown only 50% of the data

well i thought glance and evasion is not same thing . Or is it ?

Edited by Martynas5

I don't think people understand.. this isn't damage reduction, this is glance rate, if you wear cloth and get hit you die, meanwhile with plate you'll be at 80% atleast.

• Like 1

• Off-deed mine doors will now work like other doors and should stay open to enemies 2 minutes after being passed while fighting.
that's pretty much crushed any chances of low numbers chaos pvp

I can see this maybe being good for epic, but I really don't see it working out on chaos (in my opinion)

mine doors aren't exactly a problem, they're actually a reason why we get pvp

mhm.

I don't think anyone on chaos will dare to raid without a minehop. Defenders will have their deed, attackers will be unsafe. If defenders rush out, attackers have nowhere to go. I don't think Epic will suffer from it. Plate and weapons are easy replaced with the curve. On chaos almost every one wears dragon armor, It does not come cheap and I doubt many would risk it.

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 1

well i thought glance and evasion is not same thing . Or is it ?

You evade the hit = evasion

The hit glances off your armour = glance

Ok then.

So high cloth armor glance shouldn't be as said it is higher than studded overall it will be overpowered becouse it has highest evasion chance

+ in my experience glances aren't common with cloth armor (regular)

So are these numbers about cloth armor correct ?

With the minedoor change, does it only unlock for enemies if you are in fighting range when you go through it? Or is it a local range that causes this to happen?

I think should be balanced around offense/defence with prehaps heavier armor having to lose swing speed to counter the higher defence.  As well as what have here just to bring them even closer together,

Mine door change will almost kill any likely pvp on chaos now and at this point I'd say to implement big changes to alter pvp chaos should be remade*

That said the armour balances are nice but I don't think tower guards needed both changes to speed and targeting, just 1 may of sufficed.

Some changes need to be server specific such as these, epic has a different play style as very few wear the dragon armours as it doesn't exist in abundance. Equally deeds on chaos are gigantic in comparison and IMO hinders raiding on major settlements now and should of been limited from the start.

I'll be interested to see how the damage reduction and glance rate compare as glance rate does not mean dodging? So you can still dodge, glance, miss or hit and then damage reduction from armours is added.

A timer should be used when changing weapon/attacking styles such as spells/archery/mellow have a cool down before you can swap to another (timer to make a shield effective again etc)

Just an idea but for your armor chart maybe make armor closer to equal, and instead type of armor effects your fighting stance and speed. It would make more sense you can hit better and faster in leather than clunky plate.

Right. We have the chart showing the relationship between 'Target' Player Character and their armor type, now carry it further and add differentiation for 'Attacking' Player Character and *their* armor type. For Example from Cloth to Chain in a scaling order you get a stacking positive % modifier on your swing timer.

Look at modern game design, from MMOs like Secret World, Guild Wars 2 to ARPGs like Path of Exile and Diablo 3, they all have a common trend: empower Player Agency by giving them significant choices to make in the customization of their character--specifically as it relates to Combat and tactical decisions. Giving more customizable, stacking influences in combat (small shield + Aggressive + small axe + studded leather has a specific role in PVP) will make PVP in Wurm more exciting, satisfying and competitive with other PVP-oriented online games

Off-deed mine doors will now work like other doors and should stay open to enemies 2 minutes after being passed while fighting

i think i love that one at most :) 

I so hope the mine door hoping changes so there is more risk in pvp it is dumb people say they want to pvp but they run like cowards when it is brought to them unless they out number 5 to 1. I hope that stays on the ideas we need to make pvp risky instead of running like cry babies all the time and saying we like to pvp. You do not like to pvp you like to win there is a difference.

• Like 2

I like the stance changes, going into aggressive acculy increases your dmg now, seems to be about 30% or so, mabye more, if its higher than 25% id change it to 25%, it should also make it to where you will not parry at all with your weapon

Defensive you seem to do the same damage as normal so yea theres that, you seemed to hit a bit less but it wasnt that big of a offensive hit, but you got quite a bit to the defensive side

The inverted gank bonus didnt seem to be TOO crazy, but everyone on the test server had 1 overall body so its hard to say what its be like with 40+ which is fairly average(on epic at least)

The movment speed was the same in armour types

PVP server is for PVP, it isn't for being safe. An exploited game mechanic like mine-hopping should be removed, and now has been. Thank you Dev's. To anyone complaining about security, there are freedom servers for that security blanket you are clinging on to.

• Like 3

Well.. a small note:

Plate is almost invulnerable to slashing damage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_armour

Chainmail is also hard to slash and pierce. Unless using spears or halberds:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chainmail

So personally I think some of the numbers should be changed a little..

Unless its just wogic =)

Edited: Missed the glance part... my bad

Edited by TailosDenmark

PVP server is for PVP, it isn't for being safe. An exploited game mechanic like mine-hopping should be removed, and now has been. Thank you Dev's. To anyone complaining about security, there are freedom servers for that security blanket you are clinging on to.

Yep, can you imagine how many less will try to do PvP now.

Not improving PvP then.