Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Join in testing the new Fighting Tweaks.

Cloth sometime better chain, studded or plate? Wurmlogic?

Depends on how you see it, when you actually get hit it wont be better.

Publishing Stats!!!!   I almost fell out of my chair!

Good thing you didn't, we don't want to be responsible for any broken bones  :P

With the stats published you guys can leave more detailed feedback, instead of just saying it needs to be higher or lower you can suggest by how much we should tweak it as well.

• Like 5

Greetings.

Do not bother adding Ring or Scale.
You already have ringmail: It is called chainmail, the reason its exist because poor representations in art actualy depicting chainmail. Transitional 'metal rings sown to leather' pieces: Likely to have existed to. Not worth adding an extra armor type for.
And... scale. Lets please call it Brigandine or splintmail, plates riveted to leather. Guess what? You already have this armor ingame, but its not properly intepreted, its called 'studded'. The reason for studded being 'leather with rivets attatched' is because hollywood tought it would look c00l. However the riveted armor jackets you see in historic art that someone got inspiration from, guess what that is? Suprise its brigandine armor \o/ the rivets are sticking through the leather holding the metal plates on the inside(or outside) thus making it to the unkeen eye appear to be nothing but rivets. Now... boiled and treated rawhide.. or cuir bouilli that should be what we are looking for thats just not mildly protective leather ;)

• Like 4

The inverted gank bonus thing just sets newer players further behind.

Reading the first bit and it all sounds really good except this:

The second you step off deed you now have ZERO security; I don't think this is going to convince players to roam about; if anything the opposite. Yeah mine door hopping is lame and something should probably change with it but put yourself in the enemies shoes if you had no security would you even minehop? Lame PvP is probably better than no PvP.

I'll test the armor first before commenting about it.

I agree with you, Epic do want this, i dont know about the Chaos population but i dont want this change either.

This will encourage forced pvp, but might cause less pvp because you know that you have zero security as gavin said when you go out. Might stop some people from going out not in large groups now, reducing pvp. 

• Like 2

Right, it's just about evade.. forgot about that. 

Could you please post stats for absorbtion as well?!?

By the way, to me it appears that Drake armour is now stronger than dragon scale. I simply added the values together, since more points = more glances right?

If that logic works, then scale has about 50 or 60 points less than drake.

Riding a horse should have the same effect as riding a cart, reduced CR, falling from your horse should also give you a wound and stun you, this is so that instead of everyone being this archer-warrior-cavalry character at once it might bring forth new interesting tactics.

Also, mauls should have less glance rate on plate than slashing, put mauls to perhaps 10%?

Edited by merce

Reading the first bit and it all sounds really good except this:

The second you step off deed you now have ZERO security; I don't think this is going to convince players to roam about; if anything the opposite. Yeah mine door hopping is lame and something should probably change with it but put yourself in the enemies shoes if you had no security would you even minehop? Lame PvP is probably better than no PvP.

I'll test the armor first before commenting about it.

I agree, this will be harsh. 

What if you actually have to stop and close the door behind you. It works as now but stays open 2 min unless you close it by hand? Interruptable action that takes about 10-30sec. This way if someone is actually on your heels you can't hide in a cave easily but if you manage to sneak away into a cave unseen you can close the door behind you.

• Like 1

By the way, to me it appears that Drake armour is now stronger than dragon scale. I simply added the values together, since more points = more glances right?

scales absorption is far higher, so no

to my knowledge drake gives more chance to evade, however in scale you'll receive less damage :)

Dnt like the mine door change. Good changes though!

Depends on how you see it, when you actually get hit it wont be better.

Ah, ok - i can cut a stone with a knife, but not a paper :rolleyes:

I don't like mine hopping and slower tower guards.

For the joy of the spy alts, i thought people was trying to avoid this issue. Apparently not :(

Ah, ok - i can cut a stone with a knife, but not a paper :rolleyes:

Well if you want to view it from that perspective it will make very little sense  :P

• Like 1

Cloth sometime better chain, studded or plate? Wurmlogic?

I can understand it in the context of glancing simulating a dodge ability.  Also, cloth has to have some kind of benefit or it will never be used.  

Perhaps wearing cloth provides a serious boost to archery accuracy in addition to the usual low effect on movement speed.

• Like 2

Finally minehopping got hit by the nerf bat

Edited by Node

• Off-deed mine doors will now work like other doors and should stay open to enemies 2 minutes after being passed while fighting.

that's pretty much crushed any chances of low numbers chaos pvp

I can see this maybe being good for epic, but I really don't see it working out on chaos (in my opinion)

mine doors aren't exactly a problem, they're actually a reason why we get pvp

• Like 6

I honestly think the mine doors will be detrimental to PvP.

Mine doors allow people to feel safe enough to leave deed to go fight, doing this change will make people come off deed less. Please make this epic only where this is a issue.

• Like 3

Whew: whatever the Dev team did over the Winter break....keep doing it!

\o/

ErikN, imagine you are in a full set of heavy steel plate armor, you want to try to bring a bow up, draw it back and see through a narrow slit to fire on a target, you can barely move or draw in the breath to set your sights; you can barely see through your helm--your layered armor and outer steel plates restrict your movement and you cant even draw the string back far enough to provide the inertia for the arrow to travel 10 meters

Now imagine, in terms of game design, if you restrict archery to all other armor types below plate you incentivize diversity and create tactical situations that allow players to actually make choices on their gear/equipment layout rather than a Pass/Fail. You would need to add a significant timer to equipping gear or players will just drag-and-drop

Edited by Atlas

Well the only thing i seen that might be a hindrance for some of the newer players on the PvE servers is the.. "Tower guards were made slower". I am not real sure what you mean by slower but if you are talking response time getting to the target then this might not be good for the PvE servers. We don't want them nurfed to the point that they are not helping players stay alive like they should. 

Edit: Oh this was in the test thread did not even see that i guess this was more of a feed back from the OP and not an actual testing bug/tweak suggestion...sorry

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

Well the only thing i seen that might be a hindrance for some of the newer players on the PvE servers is the.. "Tower guards were made slower". I am not real sure what you mean by slower but if you are talking response time getting to the target then this might not be good for the PvE servers. We don't want them nurfed to the point that they are not helping players stay alive like they should. 

heh... thats a good point. never thought of it that way.

• Like 1

Well i have rare/supreme cloth set, not all parts tho. Seems higher parry/avoid rate than chain which i was using.

And if i get hits i obviously die faster. At the moment i have no problems slaying spiders and bears while on foot.

It's a good start though some stuff I don't think will help pvp. Yes we all hate mine doors but we all use them, taking away that safety really means if you go out you have to play safe knowing you can't retreat, and likely will cause larger groups now to roam instead of small. The inverted cr thing doesn't really make much sense to me but whatever, I think if you have five against one, that one guy should die. Common sense.

I still think people will just continue to use plate though.

• Like 2