Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Join in testing the new Fighting Tweaks.

FightTweeksL.jpg

Hear ye Warriors of Wurm!

We have received some interesting feedback on fighting from our awesome player base.

This was implemented on the test server and we are now eager to hear your opinions.

So we ask you to please try some of the fighting tweaks and leave feedback in the comments.

Some are for PvP and some will affect fighting in general.

• Aggressive style damage dealt was tweaked upwards.
  • Defensive style damage dealt was tweaked upwards.
  • You should now receive noticeable CR bonus for attacking while aggressive.
  • You should now receive noticeable CR penalty for defending while aggressive.
  • Players now receive inverted gank CR bonus so you'll be harder to hit (due to congestion).
  • Mounts should now be targeted more seldom by guards.
  • Off-deed mine doors will now work like other doors and should stay open to enemies 2 minutes after being passed while fighting.
  • Battle camps now take 10 minutes to conquer.
  • Battle camps now have 60 tiles radius influence.
  • Tower guards were made slower.
Armor Stats

All armor types have different movement speed.

Splint, Ring and ordinary Scale armor is not yet ingame, so they are still work in progress names.

Armor still has varying damage reduction once a hit is landed, where plate and dragon armor reduces it the most.

In PVE, remember that creatures have certain standard and elemental attacks.

The odds of blocking were changed so that different armors has bigger advantages against certain attack types.

This only affect your chance to evade blows.

The numbers are percent chance of glancing(armor negates damage) at 100 ql armor (modified by ex: rarity and epic curve).

Armor%20stats.jpg

You can download the test client by clicking this text

Knock yourself out!

/Or preferably someone else.

• Like 23

+1 for making armor stats very clear now ^^

Now I might even carry 2 different armors while out hunting.

Can there be some testings with rare / normal armors?

Does the rarity add more defence, chance of glancing or does it just make the armor decay slower.

my apologies if this is not the right place to ask questions

Edited by silakka

Off-deed mine doors will now work like other doors and should stay open to enemies 2 minutes after being passed while fighting.

The best gift.

• Like 3

Nice, this is really nice to see, especially for my secret little alt. I am very happy about the mine door curb, it was abused.

Thanks!!!

Hate to backseat, but seeing as this is so important can we keep this thread to bugs and major design flaws only? As it'll probably be the only place the devs will read, and problems can be catastrophic...Rolf ain't going to sift through tons of posts

Yes, these are the kind of update notices that are needed

ones that clearly out line what was changed and by how much

thank you

• Like 3

Reading the first bit and it all sounds really good except this:

Off-deed mine doors will now work like other doors and should stay open to enemies 2 minutes after being passed while fighting.

The second you step off deed you now have ZERO security; I don't think this is going to convince players to roam about; if anything the opposite. Yeah mine door hopping is lame and something should probably change with it but put yourself in the enemies shoes if you had no security would you even minehop? Lame PvP is probably better than no PvP.

I'll test the armor first before commenting about it.

• Like 6

sounds good,but mm so ring armor its ingame and i dont know about it?

Studded and leather  being worse than cloth against slash and pierce doesn't make sense.

Splint is not in game... but what about ring and scale?!?

Hate to backseat, but seeing as this is so important can we keep this thread to bugs and major design flaws only? As it'll probably be the only place the devs will read, and problems can be catastrophic...Rolf ain't going to sift through tons of posts

I will do my very best to look it all over, it usually falls on my plate to read and summarize these potentially huge threads ;)

But to as long of an extent as possible, keep to comments concerning actual feedback yes.

Thanks everyone!

• Like 2

dont like the guards being slower. I can see this from the view point of PVP, but from a PvE stand point, it hurts us. New people already spam "gaurds!" because the guards take a bit to get to them some times. Slowing them just hurts them.

Edited by Nicrolis

Why make towerguards slower? Now they are more useless then ever (25 fighting skill) against 70 + fighting skill of average Pvper, then lesser speed and more seldom horse attacking, what would be the most intelligent action to perform against any raiders on horses. You seem to forget that raiders mostly come in groups, and there are only a few deeds with a group of people being online at the same time to defend.

As if towerguards have been a problem for any raiders anytime.

Why don't give them instant access to Newb or non Pvper deeds as well. Following this logic...

Cloth immunity to acid is to high and plate immunity to slash is waaay to low imo

What's 'Ring' actually?

Cloth armour seems quite strong actually... Doesn't really make sense to me that it protects more than chain / plate in some areas.

I don't see how I would pierce my longsword easier through chain than through cloth. lol

sounds good,but mm so ring armor its ingame and i dont know about it?

No, neither is the ordinary scale armor. I have changed it. Thanks.

Just by looking, it felt like a few of these really were needed, and some were just tacked on. :L I know it's the test server, but some of these are gonna need some really big looking into to make it non-exploitive in the live servers, after school, i'll see if the test works, and fight a bit.

• Aggressive style damage dealt was tweaked upwards.
    This seems fine!
  • Defensive style damage dealt was tweaked upwards.
    It was fine as is, you shouldn't be able to dish out well enough damage to be a threat when you are trying to protect yourself at your limits.
  • You should now receive noticeable CR bonus for attacking while aggressive.
    I don't know, but it felt fine.
  • You should now receive noticeable CR penalty for defending while aggressive. -
    It's already noticeable
  • Players now receive inverted gank CR bonus so you'll be harder to hit (due to congestion) -
    There should be at least a little bit more lee-way, 1's a duel, 2's a kill, 3's a gank, 4's a zerg. So After 2 players vs 1, you should start getting the inverted gank after that.
  • Mounts should now be targeted more seldom by guards.
    GOOD THANK YOU
  • Off-deed mine doors will now work like other doors and should stay open to enemies 2 minutes after being passed while fighting.
    I doubt this is going to go into the live servers without a fight.
  • Battle camps now take 10 minutes to conquer.
    Remove them completely! :L
  • Battle camps now have 60 tiles radius influence.
    Yay!
  • Tower guards were made slower.
    Another THANK YOU

What's 'Ring' actually?

Cloth armour seems quite strong actually... Doesn't really make sense to me that it protects more than chain / plate in some areas.

I don't see how I would pierce my longsword easier through chain than through cloth. lol

Ring(Ring Armor) is a work in progress name for a new armor type that is planned for production and implementation.

Concerning Cloth, remember that the stats are about chance to avoid damage, damage reduction however is still extremely low.

• Like 1

What's 'Ring' actually?

this is glance or evade rate, not the damage reduction

Players now receive inverted gank CR bonus so you'll be harder to hit (due to congestion)

I'm iffy about this

the rest of it seems interesting.