Sign in to follow this  
Karthannar

New community map project 2.0 (22/3/14)

New community map project 2.0

In Acaos' absence I have decided to update the map myself.

I will update the thread's title whenever I update. I am currently hoping to update at least once a week.

The map is still a work-in-progress!

It is based on Acaos' last updated map plus the updates that had been posted in the old thread since his last update. Please inform me of any errors or other updates on the map. It's also been completely revamped, so please do leave feedback. The grid is the same from Acaos' map. That way deed locations are still sitting on the same coordinates.

What do I want?

Your deed locations, public mailboxes, public traders, merchants, rare fish, public tar pits, and public clay pits.

Regarding roads

To be included on future map updates roads must be either two or more wide or have sand on either side.

They also must be publicly available.

Regarding deed submissions

If you are not the mayor of the deed you are submitting, do not submit it. Some people want to keep their deeds private and off the map. If you find your deed on the map and didn't want it on the map, send me a PM on the forums or in-game to have it removed. (You can find my name, and the names of my alts I'm likely to be on in my signature)

Links:

Shorter, less scary URL

http://pristine.wurmonline.info/

(Thanks, Eject!)

And the direct dropbox link for the paranoid:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sh/42rq8ewset7y4w7/uHxAsDf8uD/PristineCommunityMap.png

Constructive feedback is always welcome!

Edited by Karthannar
  • Like 5

I would like to confirm that the OTG Alliance in the NW is still there....

OTG Outfitters

Bedrock Bend

Mirkwood

Challengers Hold

GL with the new map project!

• Like 1

The writing is a little small i can not see it very well or i guess it is the zoom that is not in as far in the old one is what is causing it.

The island at 33x 15y named "Winterfall's Archipelago" is gone and it now replaced with "Huntington Castle"

• Like 1

The writing is a little small i can not see it very well or i guess it is the zoom that is not in as far in the old one is what is causing it.

The island at 33x 15y named "Winterfall's Archipelago" is gone and it now replaced with "Huntington Castle"

The text size is approximately the size of the one Acaos was using. I planned on toying around with different fonts to improve visibility. (The font I'm using for deed names is currently Helvetica LT Std)

• Like 1

Thank you for your service Karthannar!

Waterdeep (x4, y19), Candlekeep (x4, y18), and Hazard Heights (x4, y17) are all still there.

You can add public mailboxes and merchants at Waterdeep and Sermons at both Waterdeep & Candlekeep.

Also, not sure if you want to bother as it would add more clutter, but we also maintain both Path of Love & Knowledge tiles by the tar outside Waterdeep.

Note: Waterdeep should now be considered a marketplace.

Thank you again!

Edited by Tuanta
  • Like 1

I'd second making the text a little bigger (or play with font, etc); it's somewhat hard to read right now.

Posted this a couple times on the old thread and it never got updated, so maybe I can get it fixed here: 

updated%2520map.png

Stonehaven is my deed; the road from the water (to the east) runs straight until maybe 10 tiles after the road branching off S to my deed, and *then* it turns as marked on the map. The yellow lines above are closer to how it should look. 

Megaheaven Harbour seems a bit far South; they're actually pretty close to the sand, I'd say right below the grid line between y15 and y14. There's a road along the coast from Stoneblade to at least Bargrum's Folly as well, though it goes inland just a bit when it gets to the sand.

I think that's it for my area (for now anyway!). Thanks! :)

• Like 1

I'd second making the text a little bigger (or play with font, etc); it's somewhat hard to read right now.

Posted this a couple times on the old thread and it never got updated, so maybe I can get it fixed here: 

updated%2520map.png

Stonehaven is my deed; the road from the water (to the east) runs straight until maybe 10 tiles after the road branching off S to my deed, and *then* it turns as marked on the map. The yellow lines above are closer to how it should look. 

Megaheaven Harbour seems a bit far South; they're actually pretty close to the sand, I'd say right below the grid line between y15 and y14. There's a road along the coast from Stoneblade to at least Bargrum's Folly as well, though it goes inland just a bit when it gets to the sand.

I think that's it for my area (for now anyway!). Thanks! :)

Heh, not sure how I missed that! It will be fixed for the next update. I will scout the costal road myself once I get a chance so I can properly map it.

• Like 1

Thank you for taking this on Karthannar!  You are doing the community a great service.  To report, Karthwasten Port is accurately placed.

some advice its if u put it in a folder in dropbox u can share a link to the full image like i used to do  and validate still does on the cele map,so the link looks like this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sh/1wpwh8zwqnx628z/OKkIlCaRz1/celebtpikols1.jpg?token_hash=AAGyvfhkfEZ0jh_k6GlvvqNCodTh5tMl97a7G25pBxLUWQ

and also i would recommend a white grid and lowering the transparency so its not so intrusive.

but other than that i am crazy and i aprove this map :D

Edited by Tpikol

Awesome work mate! Thank you for doing this favor for us! Newport and Newport City are correctly marked. Thanks a lot.

You need to play around with the font size. hard to read actually.

Edited by Capi

Map updated.

Added some deeds that were sent to me via PM, fixed some deed locations, some roads, and attempted to improve text visibility.

The URL changed per Tpikol's suggestion. It shouldn't change after this :P

Edited by Karthannar

Map updated.

Added some deeds that were sent to me via PM, fixed some deed locations, some roads, and attempted to improve text visibility.

The URL changed per Tipkol's suggestion. It shouldn't change after this :P

You improved the text visibility pretty well. I can read everything now. Maybe it just needs to be a pixel or two bigger, but I'm not sure with that.

Nice the map is really filling in! Makes it easier for a newer player like me to find a place to settle down.

Looks much better; love the changes! One small note: "Bagrum's Folly" on the map should be "Bargrum's Folly" (x26 y16). Thanks again, looks great!

I can tell you that "Shady Shores", "Shady Lane', and "Tantt's Peak" are no longer there

I'd also like to add  Arvum De Inferos located at x10, y21

and that the map looks really good. Thank you for taking on the burden

Posted it on the other thread so will post it here too.

Bradda Mine (x27, y4) has a mailbox now and I am working on raising a tile of the tar so it's available for anyone to dig. One public safe house is available, with others to follow.

There is also a path of love tile on the dock, central tile of a 3x3 grid.

Edited by yetian

If Acaos is no longer active maybe we can get this new map thread stuck to the top instead of the old one?

• Like 2

Yay! Yet another update!

- Made all the changes posted by people in the thread, and (with much embarrassment) fixed the location of my deed on the map.

- Started adding in locations of public clay pits. Sadly there are only two that I'm aware of (because I frequent them) I would ask for assistance on other ones.

- Added in the current location of the Kyklops. Do avoid.

I'll see if I can bug a moderator to get this stickied over the old thread.

Edited by Karthannar
  • Like 1

the road east of dragons keep continues far to the west past hedgehoud bounds in perfect straight line that really should be added!

y26 x 10 Oak harbour has a trader and 4 merchants and a mail box

Thanks!

Love the new map and the work your doing for it =)

Booskii

Edited by Booskii

Hello Neighbour! :D Thank you for doing the map updates, it looks great!

Silver Shores Bay X20, Y9 (Correction is needed: should be X20, Y8, near the line to Y9) Public Mail Box on waterfront main highway, at the bottom of Y8, X20 is on deed, but fully accessible. :)Public Tar Pit is at X20, Y7, reachable from main highway and by ship (deep water) dock.

Other area updates:

Meerhaven X25, Y9 - status - disbanded.

Braewood Hollow X24, Y10 -status - disbanded.

See you around. /wave

Edited by Sohdra

Correction of the highways south/east of Blossom. Here's a map of how the highways are now: http://i.imgur.com/eBNNeJR.png

• The red section is no longer a highway (but there's still a one-wide road)
  • The two blue sections need to be added to the map

Update to the deeds at Reddit: http://i.imgur.com/32bDQb7.png

• Wandering Hill Stables is gone
  • New deed: Reddit Fields
  • The old position of Reddit was incorrect, we're actually further southwest (new position marked in the picture)
  • There are two mail boxes at Reddit, one at token and one on the side of the highway south of Reddit (marked with stars in the picture)

There's a new deed between Reddit Harbor and Lallylion: http://i.imgur.com/RNz0zqp.png (Academy Harbor)

Great to see you updating the map, it looks great!

DKSprocket