Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

Have different seasonal cycles for servers.

Stagger the seasonal cycles so we can move around between servers to avoid undesired experiences. In my case, I hate winter and don't like fall much either.

Note; I feel the the best solution, the one that maximizes customer happiness, is to let us override what season we see on our client. For some reason the devs seem to think their "vision" regarding seasons is more important than customer service.

• Like 1

Mmm maybe when the servers become far enough apart for different climates, latitudes, and the like.

Seasonal change adds a lot of realism to the world of Wurm, and the changing textures make the environment more interesting. I love all of the seasons; each of them has its own visual highlights! (Just look at the cherry trees flooded with sunlight on a clear winter's day, or the pretty maple trees in autumn.)

And: having different seasons on different islands is a ... disturbing idea!  :(

@ Yaga   Could you explain how giving players an option to enjoy the game more is bad? I'm not trying to take away your or anyone else's Winter experience. I'm advocating for a situation where players can seek out what they most enjoy. Other then quit playing for a few weeks I can't avoid Winter and Fall.

Having different climates in different areas is realistic. Although, the servers do appear to be closely located islands. Archipelagos chains tend to have pretty much the same weather. Wurm is a fantasy game and it seem acceptable to me.

Also, It shouldn't be that hard to make seasonal override work again. This actually was implemented and working for a brief time period after seasonal changes went live.

If there was any change in the cycles, the holidays wouldn't line up as nicely as they currently do causing a very odd sense of holiday spirit. Not to mention, this would require a lot more attention to keep going at a perfect timing for each server were they all at different seasons. 

I would love to sea full time snow on the high mountains though, and some form of climate changes on a drastic scale like droughts, floods, etc. etc.

If there was any change in the cycles, the holidays wouldn't line up as nicely as they currently do causing a very odd sense of holiday spirit. Not to mention, this would require a lot more attention to keep going at a perfect timing for each server were they all at different seasons. 

I would love to sea full time snow on the high mountains though, and some form of climate changes on a drastic scale like droughts, floods, etc. etc.

I'm a little unsure what your first sentence means. So Wurm has a winter holiday season...I live in Aus, its summer here. The season cycles don't add up for me anyway. Sooooooo yeah :)

Edited by Lolly1
  • Like 1