Sign in to follow this  
Kraszek

Problem with Hens (after changing graphic)

Hi

After the last Graphic change of Hens and Chickens I realised, that something changed it their "lifestyle".

Before any changes, I was trying to breed Hens. Old players were telling me, that it's very hard to multiply them, but I did it. First I cought 1 Hen and I cared about it much. Feeding, grooming etc. She started to lay eggs. Soon after that I had 2 Hens. Everything was in a good way to multiple them more. Both of them were laying eggs. I had about 20 eggs after 2 weeks, they started to decay, and 1 chicken have born. It reached "Adolescent Fat Chicken", and then the second chicken have born. I still had about 16 eggs left. And then the patch came, where the Hens and Chickens graphic changed. After that Hens stopped laying eggs. They are still on the same tiles, eating the same seeds and I am keeping them in perfect shape all the time, but they didn't lay ANY egg since then. From 16 eggs I have 2 now, almost decayed, without any chicken born (but that is ok I think, because that's a lottery). Also I think that chickens have stopped growing. The younger chicken reached the same state "Adolescent Fat Chicken", and they doesn't seem to plan changing to Hens. 

Ah, and I keep Hens and Chickens separated. Hens have like 10 tiles of free space, and Chickens 4 tiles. All of them are kept on the grass.

Were there any changes made except graphics?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Kraszek

I posted a problem with hens a few weeks back. I have hatched about 60 eggs and only get a few roosters. I have one venerable hen left, but she still lays an egg now and then.

In total I have 10 fat, well groomed roosters of various ages and 1 fat venerable hen.

I have 40 eggs in a barrel which I am not game to put out to hatch.

Even though they are pretty now.... NO MORE ROOSTERS PLEASE!

Cheers :)

Hmm, when I now think about it, I haven't gotten any eggs since the change either, but I won't make any conclusions just yet. I will wait a bit more. :)

Well, but another thing is, what I have noticed, that it seems, that hen have all different egg laying "capabilities". My first hen did lay maybe 10 eggs total in couple of months. Second hen was like a machine gun.. several eggs per day. The last few ones are also less productive: one egg per couple of days. The conditions have been the same for all of them.. 2x2 pen with grass tiles where only the hen lives, food on each tile, so it has something to eat no matter where it moves. That makes me think, that every hen has some hidden modifier, how often it lays eggs.

All my hens have consistently laid 3 eggs a day eating 10 seeds/grains each per day, both before and after the change. What I did find out in my early hen-keeping days, was that although the hens do eat small vegetables like potatoes, corn and onions, they never laid eggs when I used those. They did lay eggs if they were fed mixed grass as well, but needed way more of them per day.

The only annoying thing I find with this change, is the chickens can now totally hide in the bumpy crop fields they are standing on. I can see them from a distance, but when I get close they are impossible to see or target, depending on where on the tile they are standing (they are hidden if they are standing where the bumps are highest).