Jump to content


Photo

Wurm Q&A 2013

q&a 2013

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Daash

Daash

    Villager

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

Here it is, cleaned up for your pleasure:

 

The log can also be downloaded here: http://www.wurmonlin.../wurmqa2013.txt

 

[18:01] <@Docterchese> We'll be starting in just a moment! This channel is now "moderated" and only developers will be able to talk here. To keep chatting, please join #wurmqa
[18:06] <@Docterchese> Lets get started! For the Q&A, I'll be asking the questions that you've sent us to the devs.
[18:06] <@Docterchese> Questions will mainly be answered by Rolf, although most of our other developers are on hand to help out too.
[18:06] <@Docterchese> After the Q&A, we'll post a full chatlog on the forums.
[18:06] <@Docterchese> If you've got any last minute questions please send them to MaxC and we may be able to fit them in later.
[18:06] <@Docterchese> Rolf, are you ready?
[18:06] <&Rolf> yep yep
[18:06] <&Rolf> hello everyone and welcome
[18:06] <&Rolf> i haven't seen the questions so this will be interesting
[18:07] <@Docterchese> We'll ask questions in a logical order so that we ask similar topics at once
[18:07] <@Docterchese> We'll start with some more general questions :)
 
[18:07] <@Docterchese> >> Some players make lots of money from farming traders and it isn't necessarily fair for everyone else. Do you have any plans to change the trader 
 
system?
[18:08] <&Rolf> the intention with the traders was never that people should be able to isolate them like has happened
[18:09] <&Rolf> we've added the possibility for anyone to drain the moneypool with the introduction of the Sell option on traders and tokens
[18:09] <&Rolf> it should help but isn't really a full fledged solution of course
[18:10] <&Rolf> i'm not very pleased with the trader situation so one day or another we'll take a look at how to improve the system further
[18:11] <&Rolf> we have a lot of other things coming and right now it's not a broken system so there is no ETA
[18:11] <&Rolf> together with the SELL option it works pretty well with money distribution
[18:12] <&Rolf> i will finish off the answer with a . so that Docterchese knows i'm finished
[18:12] <&Rolf> .
 
[18:12] <@Docterchese> >> Are there plans to bring Wurm to Steam? Do you think it would be a good thing for Wurm, now or in the future?
[18:13] <&Rolf> we've been talking to a guy at steam and for a moment it seemed as if we'd get a green light easily but they have changed policy to let everyone go through the 
 
greenlight process
[18:13] <&Rolf> so we have to do that
[18:14] <&Rolf> there is a very high probability that we will start the process during the spring
 
[18:14] <@Docterchese> Sounds interesting :) Steam can certainly be good for promotional purposes
 
[18:14] <@Docterchese> >> Do you plan to respawn uniques like Dragons in the future?
[18:14] <&Rolf> there has always been the plan to respawn uniques
[18:14] <&Rolf> but they should also be unique
[18:15] <&Rolf> making them unique means we'd like to change color or treats and other things
[18:15] <&Rolf> which takes some manual intervention
[18:15] <&Rolf> at least right now
[18:15] <&Rolf> so we need to code a system for it
[18:16] <&Rolf> there is also the situation with the dragon armour so we have to consider what loot if any they should have
[18:16] <&Rolf> the "situation with dragon armour" is that we can't spawn too much, not even sure we want more on the freedom servers
[18:17] <&Rolf> so it takes some thinking
[18:17] <&Rolf> but yes, there are unique creatures coming hopefully a lot and periodically with reasonable loot
[18:17] <&Rolf> .
 
[18:17] <@Docterchese> >> Will players be able to give names to pets in the future?
[18:18] <&Rolf> i have to ask myself why I didn't let people do that from the beginning
[18:18] <&Rolf> maybe because when they go untame it has to revert
[18:18] <&Rolf> in my opinion
[18:19] <&Rolf> but we'll see
[18:19] <&Rolf> it's not impossible
[18:19] <&Rolf> .
 
[18:19] <@Docterchese> >> Are there any plans to allow players to build underground structures? (E.g. housing space in mines.)
[18:19] <&Rolf> yes i think some of the client devs have looked at it at least given it consideration
[18:19] <&Rolf> it's something we want in the long run
[18:20] <&Rolf> but it may be a pretty drastic project
[18:20] <&Rolf> especially if we manage to sort out multi layer caves
[18:20] <&Rolf> which i think we should start first
[18:20] <&Rolf> .
 
[18:20] <@Docterchese> >> When will the new large carts (wagons) be implemented?
[18:21] <&Rolf> erik?
[18:21] <&Rolf> erik is coding it
[18:21] <@ErikN> They wil be out with the next large update (when Wox is done with all the graphics)
[18:21] <%Wox> :)
[18:21] <@ErikN> .
 
[18:22] <@Docterchese> We have a few questions on bridges next, which is unsurprising since they have been such a requested feature :)
 
[18:22] <@Docterchese> >> Is there any ETA on bridges?
[18:22] <&Rolf> no
[18:22] <&Rolf> .
[18:23] <&Rolf> but it's looking good:)
[18:23] <@Docterchese> I assume the reasons are due to coding complexity, but we've made a lot of progress so far, especially on the art side of things
[18:23] <@Docterchese> >> Will bridge building have its own skill or will it be based on existing skills like carpentry and masonry?
[18:23] <&Rolf> tich will step in here
[18:23] <@Tich> it will use existing skills
[18:24] <@Tich> .
 
[18:24] <@Docterchese> >> If bridge building requires two players, will both need to meet a certain skill requirement for bridge length?
[18:25] <@Tich> no, only the one using the main surveying equipment, the other is just holding a pole so can determine the length and width of the bridge
[18:25] <@Tich> .
[18:25] <@Docterchese> For those who are interested, we have a couple of exciting bridge previews on the forums: http://forum.wurmonl...c/90712-bridge-
 
 
[18:25] <@Docterchese> >> When will we be able to move stacks of items directly between BSBs and carts? Will there be any limitations on what can be moved?
[18:25] <@ErikN> When the wagons arrive :P
[18:26] <@ErikN> .
[18:26] <@Docterchese> What about limitations? Will there be any?
[18:26] <@ErikN> hmm
[18:27] <@ErikN> there are some atm when dragging from bsb, it still goes through your inventory so that can limit you a bit.
[18:28] <@Docterchese> We also had a similar question on the "load" feature, I assume it will have the same ETA?
[18:28] <@ErikN> yes
[18:28] <@ErikN> most things have the same eta
[18:28] <&Rolf> as a note we've happened to gather quite a lot of features which we are debugging and polishing
[18:28] <&Rolf> the eta is somewhere mid Feb
[18:28] <&Rolf> for most things
[18:29] <&Rolf> not bridges though
[18:29] <&Rolf> .
 
[18:29] <@Docterchese> >> Could the dyes system be expanded on to make it possible to dye more than one part of an item separately? E.g. separate colours on windows and walls.
[18:29] <@Docterchese> The next questions are a bit more on the art side :)
[18:30] <&Rolf> we're looking into changing it to use masks for one colour i don't think we'll allow more colors
[18:30] <&Rolf> we're not satisfied with how the whole wall changes color
[18:31] <&Rolf> so initially only one color per wall or item
[18:31] <&Rolf> .
[18:31] <@Docterchese> Could patterns be added by players or would that be too complex?
[18:31] <&Rolf> too complex at this time
 
[18:32] <@Docterchese> >> Are there any new wall types planned? If so, when can we expect to see them?
[18:33] <&Rolf> no solid plans but we all want more types
[18:33] <&Rolf> so no eta
[18:33] <&Rolf> .
 
[18:33] <@Docterchese> >> Are the older tree and bush models going to be updated to look much better, like the new trees?
[18:34] <&Rolf> yes we also lack lots of hedge types
[18:34] <&Rolf> so it's going to be work done up until the summer most probably
[18:34] <&Rolf> .
 
[18:34] <@Docterchese> >> There are multiple different types of pine tree in the world. Are there plans to add multiple new pine tree models? Could this be done for more than 
 
one existing type of tree?
[18:35] <&Rolf> i don't see that coming anytime soon really
[18:35] <&Rolf> different tree types would be more interesting
[18:35] <&Rolf> imo
[18:35] <&Rolf> unless a certain type of pine is really really interesting of course
[18:35] <&Rolf> .
 
[18:35] <@Docterchese> >> Are there any plans to add further wood-type textures to decorative items like stools and tables?
[18:36] <&Rolf> we've discussed the amount of wood textures we can really support
[18:36] <&Rolf> we're trying to solve how to make it manageable with graphics card memory and the color masks
[18:37] <&Rolf> we can't really support more texture types right now
[18:37] <&Rolf> plus it significantly increases development time
[18:38] <&Rolf> it would be good to solve with masks and generic tree type textures but that means more draw calls or something like that
[18:38] <&Rolf> so we'll see how we solve it
[18:38] <&Rolf> .
 
[18:38] <@Docterchese> >> Will players be able to hang items such as picture frames, wheels etc. on walls at any point in the immediate future? Also, will players be able to put 
 
[18:38] <&Rolf> yes to both those but when is hard to say
[18:39] <&Rolf> we're going to solve sitting first
[18:39] <&Rolf> so it may come around that time
[18:39] <&Rolf> can't promise
[18:39] <&Rolf> .
 
[18:39] <@Docterchese> >> Does the Art team have any ETA on fixes to the shaders which are causing issues with dynamic lighting?
[18:40] <&Rolf> the test client has rewriting for lighting and shadows with new shaders
[18:40] <&Rolf> so it's work in progress
[18:41] <&Rolf> we expect to update the live client fairly soon after christmas
[18:41] <&Rolf> .
[18:41] <&Rolf> after new year i mean
[18:41] <&Rolf> like mid-end January
 
[18:41] <@Docterchese> >> Would a modified, toned down version of the client ever be released with deliberately basic models and lighting? It could be useful for players with 
 
less powerful computers or players who have alts.
[18:41] <&Rolf> .
[18:41] <&Rolf> we are going to try and find out how powerful the client is when it's started
[18:41] <&Rolf> and adjust settings
[18:42] <&Rolf> so instead of a new client we need to maintain it would adjust the settings instead so i guess yes and no:)
[18:42] <&Rolf> .
[18:42] <@Docterchese> >> When will the floorboards and lawn tiles be fixed?
[18:42] <&Rolf> next client update yes tich?
[18:43] <@Tich> correct
[18:43] <&Rolf> .
 
[18:43] <@Docterchese> >> Would you be able to clarify what determines altar domain radius? For example, what effects do material type and quality have on the number of tiles it 
 
sends domain presence?
[18:45] <&Rolf> material type doesn't have any effect on radius iirc
[18:45] <&Rolf> but the quality level does
[18:45] <&Rolf> there are hidden zones involved which altars close by compete over
[18:46] <&Rolf> just get the ql as high as possible:)
[18:46] <&Rolf> .
 
[18:46] <@Docterchese> Back to some more general questions now :)
 
[18:46] <@Docterchese> >> Would diagonal walls be possible at some point in the future? Maybe even curved walls?
[18:46] <&Rolf> tich you looked a bit at that recently didn't you?
[18:46] <&Rolf> just for fun?
[18:47] <@Tich> sort of, possible, but hard to get right
[18:47] <@Tich> zcul and i would like to see curved walls at some time
[18:47] <@Tich> .
[18:47] <&Rolf> me too, me too!
 
[18:48] <@Docterchese> >> What is the status of the in-game village recruitment boards?
[18:48] <@ErikN> They are on test, and waiting.
[18:49] <@ErikN> I think most things that we want done with them for now is there, giving us a stable foundation to build on if needed.
[18:49] <@ErikN> the eta is the same as wagons :)
[18:49] <@ErikN> .
 
[18:50] <@Docterchese> >> Does meditation have an end goal and if so what expansions are likely?
[18:50] <&Rolf> there is no max level
[18:51] <&Rolf> the end goal is enlightenment of course
[18:51] <&Rolf> or insanity
 
[18:51] <@Docterchese> No max level? Does that mean there are levels beyond the 15th?
[18:52] <&Rolf> i don't want people to expect new features the higher you get either really
[18:52] <&Rolf> just reaching a higher level of enlightenment should be reward in itself
[18:52] <&Rolf> to show off
[18:52] <&Rolf> .
 
[18:53] <@Docterchese> >> Are there any plans to sell premium and settlement related bundles in the shop? For example the ability to buy upkeep as a bundle with premium time.
[18:54] <&Rolf> there are no plans for it but one day we have to improve the shop code
[18:54] <&Rolf> to support more things like that
[18:54] <&Rolf> .
 
[18:55] <@Docterchese> >> Will the current locks / permissions system be overhauled to allow for specialised settlement permission roles? Also, are there plans to make 
 
individual doors within houses have their own locks and permissions?
[18:56] <@Zcul> on the individual doors: Yes
[18:56] <&Rolf> there is no major overhaul scheduled
 
[18:57] <@Docterchese> Could it work for hotel systems, whereby people can buy access to a room for a set amount of time?
[18:57] <&Rolf> we will prioritize new stuff after the next release
[18:57] <&Rolf> that would be the intention i suppose
[18:58] <&Rolf> not sure how often it would be used though since you came with stuff and have to carry it away you may just sleep in the bed
[18:59] <&Rolf> like Zcul says, it's probable to happen it just needs prio
[18:59] <&Rolf> .
 
[18:59] <@Docterchese> >> When is the vote on merging Pristine and Release with the other freedom servers going to happen again? If they won't be connected for a while, would 
 
you consider one-way travel from Pristine and Release to the other servers?
[19:00] <&Rolf> we will have to code an ingame voting system first
[19:01] <&Rolf> no travel until then
[19:01] <&Rolf> or change
[19:01] <&Rolf> partly in order to avoid spagetti code due to more exceptions in the portal code
[19:02] <&Rolf> at least that's how i think now
[19:02] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:02] <@Docterchese> Now on to some questions that relate a little more to combat and PvP.
 
[19:02] <@Docterchese> >> It seems at times that the way that gods move and interact on Valrei is very unpredictable. Helping a god move also seems to hurt their chances at 
 
winning a scenario because of the way combat seems to work. Could we get clarification on how Valrei really works and why it seems so unbalanced?
[19:03] <&Rolf> the gods move unpredictable to squares they haven't visited since the map changed
[19:03] <&Rolf> unpredictably
[19:03] <&Rolf> which is good
[19:04] <&Rolf> because otherwise the items could spawn close to a deity at the beginning of a scenario
[19:04] <&Rolf> and no other deity would stand a chance
[19:04] <&Rolf> so it has to be random
[19:04] <&Rolf> however
[19:05] <&Rolf> if moving decreases chances for winning due to the risk involved of fighting
[19:05] <&Rolf> there is something wrong
[19:05] <&Rolf> moving should always be good
[19:05] <&Rolf> because how are you supposed to find the items and get to the winning tile otherwise?
[19:07] <&Rolf> the problem may be that if your deity has lowered stats it will have a hard time winning but there are tiles that should increase those
[19:07] <&Rolf> might need some tweaking then if it's perceived as unbalanced
[19:07] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:07] <@Docterchese> >> At the moment some kingdoms have much better chances to win karma and scenarios because they can do missions for multiple gods. Would it be better if 
 
each individual player could only do missions for their own god to help reduce this unbalance?
[19:09] <&Rolf> the idea was that you would have to decide if it's a good idea to kill certain creatures because it helps your enemy
[19:09] <&Rolf> or cut down certain trees and other actions that help your enemies in their mission
[19:10] <&Rolf> it's possible that Vynora and Fo cooperate too much on Valrei though
[19:10] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:10] <@Docterchese> >> Will players be able to make Horde of the Summoned template PMKs in the future?
[19:11] <&Rolf> if someone gets around to coding it:)
[19:11] <&Rolf> .
[19:11] <&Rolf> needs prioritization
 
[19:11] <@Docterchese> >> Are there any plans to overhaul the combat system in the future?
[19:12] <&Rolf> yes we want to make it more engaging
[19:12] <&Rolf> so it has high prio
[19:12] <&Rolf> like, on top after the release
[19:12] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:13] <@Docterchese> >> Why are certain abilities still overpowered while others have been nerfed heavily to the point where players don't use them anymore?
[19:13] <&Rolf> it's always a matter of finding the right balance
[19:13] <&Rolf> they were nerfed because they were considered overpowered
[19:14] <&Rolf> i haven't received reports or evidence of other abilities being overpowered
[19:14] <&Rolf> or that some abilities aren't used any more for that matter
[19:14] <@Docterchese> The one mentioned was the "continuum" ability
[19:15] <&Rolf> and it's considered overpowered or nerfed?
[19:15] <@Docterchese> Overpowered
[19:16] <&Rolf> it all depends on how much karma is floating around
[19:16] <&Rolf> so i'll have to check that
[19:17] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:17] <@Docterchese> Just for the record, though we'll move on now, magical walls were mentioned as being underpowered.
 
[19:17] <@Docterchese> >> Do you think battlecamps are useful and if not, would you consider removing them?
[19:18] <&Rolf> they are like pretty much in Wurm at first version
[19:18] <&Rolf> let me rephrase
[19:18] <&Rolf> for clarification
[19:18] <&Rolf> "like many other features in Wurm they are at first version"
[19:19] <&Rolf> when we get more development power we will make them useful if they aren't now
[19:20] <&Rolf> they do obstruct expansion for deeds though which is what i expect the question is about
[19:20] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:20] <@Docterchese> >> Players are currently able to hide out in mines really easily in PvP (mine hopping) - Is this kind of practice intended?
[19:21] <&Rolf> hide or get away?
[19:21] <&Rolf> i assume get away
[19:21] <&Rolf> behind a mine door
[19:21] <@Docterchese> Get away, yes
[19:22] <&Rolf> it seems to easy
[19:22] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:22] <@Docterchese> Get away or use it to your advantage, since you can heal up again in mines
[19:22] <@Docterchese> >> Will it ever be possible to expand a deed in one direction?
[19:22] <@Docterchese> Back on to some more general questions now :)
[19:23] <&Rolf> it should be possible to fix but it has fairly low prio
[19:23] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:24] <@Docterchese> >> Will it be possible to lift large items like beds and ovens between house floor levels?
[19:24] <&Rolf> yes
[19:24] <&Rolf> .
[19:25] <@Docterchese> >> Will we be able to load animals into boats with the new cart loading system? (Possibly integrating the new crates we've seen the art team working on)
[19:25] <&Rolf> no
[19:25] <&Rolf> .
[19:25] <@Docterchese> Is it something you'd consider adding in the future though?
[19:26] <&Rolf> but one day we want to solve it yes
[19:26] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:26] <@Docterchese> >> Are there any plans for implementing renaming of toons at all, even for a price?
[19:26] <&Rolf> last I checked it wasn't a popular suggestion but it may depend on the server type
[19:27] <&Rolf> so we'll ask again when we have ingame voting system
[19:27] <&Rolf> .
[19:27] <@Docterchese> Any ETA on the voting system?
[19:27] <&Rolf> no eta
[19:27] <@Docterchese> >> Could Wurm ever be translated into different languages in the future? (e.g. different client languages)
[19:29] <&Rolf> it's a huge complex project which will require a lot of server side work as well so it's not very probable that such a project will be scheduled during the 
 
nearest 6 months
[19:29] <&Rolf> it's possible but a very big project
[19:29] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:30] <@Docterchese> >> Are there any plans to increase the price of premium and silver coins in the near future?
[19:30] <&Rolf> no :)
[19:30] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:31] <@Docterchese> >> Some dragons have been penned up on Pristine by people who want to keep them until the servers merge. Is this intended and if not, will they be able to 
 
break or fly out before servers are merged?
[19:31] <&Rolf> it is not intended that you should be able to pen or capture uniques but we don't magically want to teleport them
[19:31] <&Rolf> so we want to code intelligence that makes them break free
[19:32] <&Rolf> however, we are not intelligent enough to do so apparently
[19:32] <&Rolf> the people penning them are cunning
[19:32] <&Rolf> and so the dragons remain penned and sadfaced
[19:33] <&Rolf> but we're working on smarter creature behaviour over all so it may happen that they start breaking free before the servers are merged if that happens
[19:33] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:33] <@Docterchese> >> Will saddle bags be created as a container on a horse, sort of like a packmule?
[19:34] <&Rolf> it's one of those items that we want to find time to add
[19:34] <&Rolf> we want more decorations as well
[19:34] <&Rolf> so yes we want it
[19:34] <&Rolf> .
 
 
[19:35] <@Docterchese> >> Is the wishing well a true money sink or are the ideas placed in them really considered? And who reads them?
[19:35] <&Rolf> it's not a fake thing
[19:35] <&Rolf> it's just very low chance of it working, since you can wish for just about anything
[19:36] <&Rolf> no wish has ever come true yet
[19:37] <&Rolf> sorry
[19:37] <&Rolf> .
[19:37] <&Rolf> forgot the dot
[19:37] <@Docterchese> We're now mostly on to questions that were submitted to us during the Q&A :)
[19:37] <@Docterchese> >> On Chaos people can cross over to Freedom via the boarder to avoid pvp. Could there be some sort of code which stops crossing the borders if you have 
 
enemies in local?
[19:37] <&Rolf> allright nice
 
[19:38] <@Docterchese> (Maybe this would apply to Epic servers too)
[19:38] <&Rolf> you're supposed to be able to escape to your home server like on epic
[19:38] <&Rolf> and the others have to follow
[19:39] <&Rolf> if you've let people escape to the border i think you'll have to let them flee all the way
[19:39] <&Rolf> on chaos
[19:39] <&Rolf> but i guess it could be possible
[19:39] <&Rolf> it's bug prone so i am reluctant which makes me defend the current order
[19:39] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:40] <@Docterchese> >> Are there any plans to allow kingdom leaders to customise their leader titles?
[19:40] <&Rolf> no plans
[19:40] <&Rolf> it was considered initially
[19:41] <&Rolf> right now i can't recall why but there were reasons not to
[19:41] <&Rolf> like coding effort maybe
[19:41] <&Rolf> or that it would interfere with known titles
[19:41] <&Rolf> so right now no plans
[19:41] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:41] <@Docterchese> >> Do you plan to release new map dumps of servers anytime soon? Following on from this, would Wurm ever have any in-game map system that shows you where 
 
[19:42] <&Rolf> there is an ingame map system coming with markers but not pixel perfect
[19:42] <&Rolf> you set the markers yourself
[19:43] <&Rolf> you don't get your position either
[19:43] <&Rolf> so not in the first version
[19:43] <&Rolf> map dumps, no eta
[19:43] <&Rolf> .
[19:43] <&Rolf> (takes quite a lot of time to make them)
 
[19:44] <@Docterchese> >> Are there any plans for a way to store fish in a way that you can store (cooked)meat?
[19:44] <&Rolf> i think tich has pretty advanced cooking plans
[19:44] <&Rolf> tich?
[19:44] <@Tich> i'd say yes
[19:45] <&Rolf> ok
[19:45] <&Rolf> .
[19:45] <@Tich> when we do an overhaul for cooking
[19:45] <@Docterchese> Could you elaborate on the plans Tich?
[19:45] <@Tich> not atm, its a long term plan
[19:45] <@Tich> .
 
[19:46] <@Docterchese> >> Any plans to have custom tabards/Wagon Covers/banners for Alliances, so that there's some variety for freedom servers?
[19:46] <&Rolf> oh alliances are so many
[19:47] <&Rolf> it would be nice though, we'll see what happens
[19:47] <&Rolf> don't see it coming during the spring though.
[19:47] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:48] <@Docterchese> >> Are there any plans to make wider cave entrances possible?
[19:48] <@Docterchese> Could be very useful for cave canals.
[19:49] <&Rolf> it would cause quite a lot of recoding as it is now so no plans
[19:50] <&Rolf> but things change.. suddenly we come up with a solution and implement it
[19:50] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:50] <@Docterchese> >> Are there any plans to implement dyeable armour and clothing? Would it be possible?
[19:50] <&Rolf> yes we want that, using masks as well
[19:51] <&Rolf> so it's being discussed in the general dying and masking situations
[19:51] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:51] <@Docterchese> >> Could more types of cotton clothing be added? Are there any plans for more armour types on a whole?
[19:53] <&Rolf> clothing is a chapter in itself that needs lots of attention
[19:53] <&Rolf> armours need to be added a bit more carefully in the future
[19:53] <&Rolf> so yes to both but we prioritize after the upcoming release
[19:53] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:54] <@Docterchese> >> What feature or aspect of the game are you most proud of?
[19:54] <&Rolf> hehe nice one
[19:54] <&Rolf> it is of course the terraforming
[19:54] <@Tich> same for me as well ;)
[19:55] <&Rolf> i like meditation as well
[19:55] <&Rolf> .
 
[19:55] <@Docterchese> >> We've heard a lot today about what's going to happen in the future, but to end - what inspired you and Notch to make Wurm Online in the first place?
[19:56] <&Rolf> I think we were tired of MMO's where you couldn't really change anything
[19:56] <&Rolf> at least I was
[19:56] <&Rolf> I can't answer for Notch:)
[19:56] <&Rolf> ,
[19:56] <&Rolf> .
[19:56] <&Rolf> :P
[19:57] <@Docterchese> You were doing so well :P
[19:57] <&Rolf> typos
 
[19:57] <@Docterchese> And that pretty much wraps us up :)
[19:57] <@Docterchese> I'm sure I speak for everyone here in saying a big big thank-you to all of the developers who answered questions today
[19:57] <&Rolf> ahh
[19:57] <@Docterchese> It can be great to get this level of feedback :)
[19:57] <&Rolf> I want to say thanks for asking all these questions and hope I sorted some out at least
[19:58] <&Rolf> and thanks to all you team members helping out and standing by
[19:58] <&Rolf> many hugs all around!
[19:58] <@Docterchese> And of course, thanks for listening to us too ;)
[19:58] <&Rolf> thanks Docterchese for holding this
[19:58] <&Rolf> Maxc for setting us up with the bomb
[19:58] <&Rolf> the PR group for aiding

Edited by Daash, 18 December 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Hill of Swedes ( Blacksmithing and Mining ) 4x 28y


#2 Lycanthropic

Lycanthropic

    Villager

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

Very nice, thanks :) Maybe color Docterchese's questions in red? (makes the questions stand out more to navigate :))


Parasiticentity, mayor of Havilah (inde 21x24y) and Yorthopia (Xan)


#3 atazs

atazs

    Villager

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

I have one important question: Why is Docterchese spelled as Docter and not Doctor?? What is docter? Is it a mispell? It's bugging me... 


Atazs reveals the Hammer of Magranon [20:01:14] The settlement of Wurm Income Disintegrating Like Caves has just been disbanded by Kix.


#4 Docterchese

Docterchese

    Villager

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

I have one important question: Why is Docterchese spelled as Docter and not Doctor?? What is docter? Is it a mispell? It's bugging me... 

 

I misspelt it many many years ago, but never dropped it because in a lot of games/places the username Doctorcheese would be taken up but not Docterchese. It's just stuck since then.


[21:08:21] <Revengo> Docterchese is my favoritest pony in the whole wide world!!! <3

#5 KaiH

KaiH

    Villager

  • Chat Moderator
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

http://forum.wurmonl...-december-2013/