Sign in to follow this  
Saroman

The Crate Of Holding

oooooooooo

A way to transport animals? Lead an animal, right click large crate -> Load... certain animal types take up more space... they only allow a certain amount of whatever? :D

• Like 3

oooooooooo

A way to transport animals? Lead an animal, right click large crate -> Load... certain animal types take up more space... they only allow a certain amount of whatever? :D

To stop people using them to store animals just add that they starve/get diseased whatever at a very high rate when in a crate.

This will stop all the crazy bridges being built just to get things like bison, cows and all the rest of the non swimming animals on islands. It also allows for hunting horses to be taken with you on trips...all kinds of things. If you are going to put the crates in lets get everything covered with them now and everyone has wanted to haul animals on ships for a long time  Now i can understand if you restrict it to just your own server but even then it will still be a great feature that lots of people have wanted for years.  

• Like 1

Oh, I like the texture on this crate. It looks like it has been around the block a few times. Nice.

Hummm ... nice crate.  What's inside ?

/me grabs the Crowbar of Curiosity.

that somehow sounds like Klaa's line....

If I were you I would no implement it, apple will sue you to death.

Pretty sure there is a ibox somewhere!

Small BSB. Yay, finally!

I wonder if they actually took my advice on that one or if they had to come up with it themselves (;

Well the base idea is from a suggestion, don't remember who wrote it, it might have been you. 

The regular bins use the regular main Carpentry skill. Might as well do the same for crates.

that somehow sounds like Klaa's line....

Crowbar is too slow, use fire.

Edited by Klaa

The regular bins use the regular main Carpentry skill. Might as well do the same for crates.

Crowbar is too slow, use fire.

I thought thieves like un-scorched loot? :P

This looks amazing. Even if it's exactly the same as a raft, I would use it more.

Well it looks like regular carpentry would make the most sense.

Then it's only a matter of skill balance, at what skill should it be possible to make them.

Since we want them to start replacing rafts for bulk transports it would make sense to let players make the small one very early on, the large crate how ever will be made a bit harder.

Not because it's that much harder to make a large crate compared to a small one, but rather because it can fit more items and can thus be better, and of course it's fun fore those with higher skills to have a perk.

• Like 6

Definitely D, then D, then D, then D, then D, then D

Russian crates? I like it!

** edit *** Forum bug, double post...

Edited by Torgrim

Since we want them to start replacing rafts for bulk transports

Why do you wnat them to replace rafts?

why not a complement to use on rafts ??

instead of backpacks, barrels and what else we use today

• Like 1

Why do you wnat them to replace rafts?

why not a complement to use on rafts ??

instead of backpacks, barrels and what else we use today

Rafts was never intended to be used in the way it is now, it was however not changed due to it needed something to replace it or things would just be more of a hassle.

considering rafts is shipbuilding which is a bit more difficult to raise compared to carpentry, I would propose this to be fine carpentry-- to make that skill more useful as trade-skill :) . Cheers for the great work devs!

Not because it's that much harder to make a large crate compared to a small one, but rather because it can fit more items and can thus be better, and of course it's fun fore those with higher skills to have a perk.

Actually it is that much harder to make a bigger crate. If for example you simply use longer planks, The proportions will be different and the structure weaker. But it still has to hold a larger weight.

Hmmmm, guess it will be time for us shipbuilders to stop making rafts. Its a good job I only have 40 or so in stock at the moment... 

Any ideas if there will be something extra coded for rare/supreme or fantastic versions for these crates?

Hmmmm, guess it will be time for us shipbuilders to stop making rafts. Its a good job I only have 40 or so in stock at the moment...

This could potentially be a looooong way off, too.

Rafts was never intended to be used in the way it is now, it was however not changed due to it needed something to replace it or things would just be more of a hassle.

So rafts are meant to be rafts. It would be awesome if you could make a disposable boat that easy.