Sign in to follow this  
Saroman

Stone Bridge Wip *updated

I just want to say.....*drool*....gimme! I don't need a bridge, but I clearly have to terraform a bridge just to get something awesome!

wallpaper worthy =)

how many bricks will 1 tile of bridge take?

Not sure if it's already mentioned, but I just hope it's not up to 200bricks per tile.

Not sure if it's already mentioned, but I just hope it's not up to 200bricks per tile.

don't forget the clay or mortar even

How many people have started digging/mining a moat around their deed just to be ready to put a bridge over it?

• Like 3

They look great, but I don't think they fit with the rest of the world construction.  

agree, it has to blend in more.

Looking much better since the new update, still clean looking, but it's good enough that I won't complain. :)

The fun part is that nothing has changed from the preview to the ingame shot, just different lighting ^_^

• Like 10

I was like....I'm pretty sure that is still the same bridge

I think its kinda funny. When I saw the bridge the first time my first thought was...wow that fits into wurm so perfectly. And then I find out that like half the people here think the exact opposite. :P

Seems like a lot of people were envisioning a smaller, more rustic stone bridge for their personal on deed stream. These look like their aimed at the larger functional scale. The only real point I'd make is that a design like Xallo posted 'might' cover both these bases better than the more professional looking river crossing here. 

I would like to see something architecturally quirky with them but I certainly like these as they are for larger scale crossings.

The fun part is that nothing has changed from the preview to the ingame shot, just different lighting ^_^

Actually, the game put some noise distortion on the mesh, that does a lot to the appearance.

Not sure if that's just because of different light, but it appears less shiny.

Edited by Keldun

I hope this is carpentry :P

Basket-weaving.. I'm voting for basket-weaving... 

I'm scared to ask how many bricks and mortar it will take to build this...

It's just sad that it doesn't quite match up with stone fences.

Beautiful, very atmospheric. Now if only bridges encouraged reed tile spawn we could all have a bridge like that !

For comparison:

Naas-Canal-Bridge.jpg

Edited by Drayka

DANG! that looks awesome can't wait to have them in ^-^ can put them in the canal now.

Will you be able to build them over fences/walls or mine entrances?

Just imagine the new towns people can create.. Water or valleys surrounding with birdges on all sides just let ur mind think about it :P

Just imagine the new towns people can create.. Water or valleys surrounding with birdges on all sides just let ur mind think about it :P

Oh, it has been. Believe me, my mind has been thinking about it. In fact, I am building my new deed with those bridges in mind already.

Looks great allready, but a bit more wear and tear and maybe some green, like in this picture:

foto2.jpg

I know we have not even received the bridges yet, but, has there been any thought about using the same tech to make 1 ended bridges without sidewalls to simulate docks/piers?

• Like 1