Sign in to follow this  
JacobKukuk

New Map System - Sockmap!

The Epic maps are a joke. Someone made the Affliction starter deed "Freedom Market" :D On Desertion, most of the deeds are in the wrong location. For Serenity, none of the points marked are deeds and are just stupid comments most likely made to troll.

Epic maps wont work well in this way, because they are going to be griefed by enemy kingdoms. Maybe you should closely moderate who has access to edit these, or just remove them entirely. It works better when the factions make their own maps. Besides, there are many deeds in Epic that like to remain under the raidar, so they would never want to be put on a map anyways. The problem with a public map system like this is that raiders will want to put one thing on each map, while the people that actually live there will want it to say something different.

One issue that could complicate things is that people from other factions will use alt accounts to attempt to confuse you in order to edit maps. This could cause a lot of headache for you and the people living on the server.

In fact, no matter how you change it, the factions on Epic are not going to use this tool seriously. We like making maps our own way, and having total control of what they say and don't say. Its a big part of PvP.

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 1

That is the ultimate question. How would you know if they are the mayor and not some person who is trying to abuse? I still have not been told why someone would want a deed removed. I have been told privacy but what privacy? From what I read on the wiki a deed pretty much secures your items and is pretty much just a name... Let me know some Intel on this.

For PVP. Say you have a new deed, trying to keep it under the radar until you finish the walls or something. Say you have an idiot alliance member or neighbor, who goes and puts your deed on the map. BOOM. The enemy knows your location, and possibly deed size, roads near you to stay off of..

I am requesting you remove the epic cluster maps from this.

• Like 3

I can't make any edits to the map(s). I've requested validation in hopes that would allow me to, and roughly 24 hours later, I have not received a PM through the Wurm forums. Attempting a second validation tells me that I have already requested it.

• Like 1

I can't make any edits to the map(s). I've requested validation in hopes that would allow me to, and roughly 24 hours later, I have not received a PM through the Wurm forums. Attempting a second validation tells me that I have already requested it.

Took 2-3days for me.

Edit: Mailbox/trader added at my deed, they're not public so I want them removed. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Shadz

old post mistakenly repeated

Edited by Tristanc

What if I typed in a password I don't remember since there is no double-password-field-check thing.

I respectfully disagree.

may i respectfully ask why you disagree on that?

edit: i don't care if my deed is on the map, so that is not why i am asking!

Edited by hoof2000

heya i put my deed on map but it happens to be a bit north of were it actually is, how do move it south on map? or delete and place again?

Hey man :)  I'd like to just point out "Frankenburg Market" is not Frankenburg Market at all.  There was never a deed there with that name since all the buildings there I had the writs to.  It used to be deeded by an alt of mine previously and it's now my deed Ynys-Y-Ddraig so i'd be happy if you could change it for me somehow :)

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

I guess this map is no longer around...

If you do a Whois for Sockmap.com you'll find that http://metafoot.com/ , mostly likely a technology consulting business, apears to be the actual business that Jacob was in. Metafoot doesn't work either. At first glance it appears something serious happened and I'd guess if that is so Jacob has more important things to deal with then this.

At the very least this has shown its very possible to make a community map that the community can edit themselves. 

6 hours ago, Mosquete said:

not working

I don't know if you noticed, this hasn't worked in nearly 2.5 years.  It's a really old topic.  Figured I'd say something in case you didn't realize :)