Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

More On The Chaos Server Situation

no we cannot know for certain that the retreat would go as planned, but that is all conjectur. what we do know is what happened before the crash and that is what should matter the most

While I understand that is blows big-time the server crashes during a raid, it goes to another point to. Say we puts pvp ban, so attackers safely leave with their loot. What's to say that is what would have happened if the server had not crashed? Putting a full ban on pvp removes the chance for people to defend if they were going to. The servers were acting up a few hours beforehand already - I have logs if you insist - and its usually on retreat that some actual pvp may happen.

I think the fairest option is none of the ones mentioned. Teleport the corpses of those who

died , its safe to assume that any deaths were because the crash. Teleport the attackers to outside the deed that was under attack, in one spot. Spot would be outside the deed and not in a towers range but still in enemy territory. That puts the attackers out of direct danger on login and gives defenders a - albeit small - chance to fight back.

You can not say for certain that the planned retreat would have gone as planned and just putting a full out ban on pvp ensures only a safe walk home for the attackers, something surely convenient if people say they were already starting on a retreat.

There's a difference between a safe walk home with 30 people on a late night than with a staggered log in (because people actually have lives you know) not only would we have wrecked that deed, but we would have easily walked away with 3 to 1 players against you. Your defenders GAVE UP, they didn't even try to stop us, because they knew we would ROLL them.

End of story.

• Like 1

From my perspective it looks like one side wants to have their looted cake and eat it, whilst not losing their own cake in the process.

Option A: This option would result in the 'cake' being returned to its owners in a rollback and no loot for the attackers, but the attackers would be returned home safely. - Defenders lose nothing but attackers feel robbed of their loot.

Option B/C: This option would result in the 'cake' being safely in the attackers home base, which they safely teleported there when they realised the server was getting unstable again as it had done the previous nights and was likely to go unplayable.  The players would then be able to travel safely out of enemy lands past the players they had stolen the 'cake' from without any risk of them being able to exact revenge and have a chance to loot some 'cake' back that the attackers may be wearing. Resulting in them having a completely successful raid and safe retreat which may not have been guaranteed. Having their 'cake' and eating it I guess.

Option D: This option would result in the attackers risking being trapped in enemy lands however the 'cake' they claim to have teleported home would still be safe. But any 'cake' they are wearing would be at risk unless they are able to log in together and fight their way out in the same force that they fought their way in.

Its not an ideal situation and I'd hate to be the person that had to make that decision, Its not really fair not to give the defenders a chance to loot back valuables from the attackers, whilst their stolen gear is safe in enemy lands, the attackers are still in their deed, with a lot of valuable armour on them.

At the same time it isn't really fair to roll back the server and hand back the loot to those who lost it, undoing an entire evenings work for the raid force and of course everyone else on the server who were playing, terraforming, hunting .etc

There is no fair option or solution listed

• Like 1

Just pick option C and get this mess over with. We all know that terminating the raid prematurely and sending everyone home with whatever MR managed to get and whatever JK managed to save is the fairest option for all.

Remember, MR only managed to get into 3 buildings. There were still MANY MORE + the token to break into.

If the crash never happened, I am 100% confident we would have gained more loot.

Edited by RomaN
  • Like 2

Don't forget that with a rollback, the plans of the raid are known. jk can removed all good items from that deed even before mr try to attack again and jk can get troop to that deed ready to defend and beef defences.

This makes all the planning for the raid and all the hours 30+ people spend on the raid lost. And no way to ever 'redo' the raid.

For me preferable C, but everything exept A works for me

Also don't forget that when the issues happened that the raid was going super for MR with no resistance of JK exept for alts trying to hide loot.

So wathever the decision it will always be a win for JK

Edited by McDaniel

Also, let's just imagine another situation... On the 35v35 pvp raid at Kratos, what would have happened if the servers went down for 2 days and JK was put with these choices. God knows where you would spawn off deed (and subsequently die)

Keep in mind that the servers went down because of a denial of service attack. Which can't be predicted.

Anything but option A and we'll deal with it. Rollback would be incredibly unfair on everyone. I'd prefer a pvp ban to give both sides the ability to end the raid at the exact time when it did in fact end. We of MR wouldnt be able to log in and continue raiding immediately and the defenders in JK wouldn't be able to wall in and kill off MR players who log in trying to get away from the deed they were disconnected on.

This seems to be the most fitting solution. My group was as well on a raid and this exact solution would work for both parties involved.

Great solution here.

I was ready to play I cannot believ a raid crashed the server that is totally ludacris......................................................................................................................................................

I was ready to play I cannot believ a raid crashed the server that is totally ludacris......................................................................................................................................................

It didn't.

D. do nothing. Chaos always  a theater

anyway rollback or do nothing

no special ban for pvp/loot.

all took their risk. 

but anyway good if something happen soon, need grind more:)

• Like 1

I think, under the circumstances that option C would be better for all.

The way I see it is neither side knows the full story about the other side. JK don't know exactly how MR got into the deed or what Loots they got, just like MR don't know what JK were doing prior to the event(whether we had a group ready to defend or not.)

I can pull logs to show that MR were NOT retreating when the lag hit the second time. The only fair options are A or D, not that WE even have the decision to make, it's up to the GMs.

Edited by CIRAY
  • Like 1

Ciray you logged off 20 minutes before the lag started. As soon as the game started to lag like hell we retreated.

Ciray you logged off 20 minutes before the lag started. As soon as the game started to lag like hell we retreated.

That's what you would like to think B)

Honestly I'd like to see B or C happen... A is completely unnecessary and D would just be madness for everyone involved. A pvp ban would give everyone - raiders and defenders - to get to safety so it wouldn't be a case of "who ever logs in first, wins"

[22:12:32] Blinksyrevived lost link.
[22:12:32] Caoimhe lost link.
[22:12:32] Blinksyrevived reconnected.
[22:12:32] Roman lost link.
[22:12:53] Roman reconnected.
[22:12:53] Darknicholas lost link.
[22:12:53] Sporkier lost link.
[22:12:53] Febur lost link.
[22:12:53] Jools lost link.
[22:12:53] Zarmazarmaex lost link.
[22:12:53] Darknicholas reconnected.
[22:12:53] Finnishpkt reconnected.
[22:12:53] Febur reconnected.
[22:12:53] Jools reconnected.
[22:12:53] Sporkier reconnected.
[22:12:53] Cita lost link.
[22:12:59] Zarmazarmaex reconnected.
[22:12:59] Cita reconnected.
[22:13:02] Jberg gets a Jenn Kellon kingdom banner. <--------you were leaving? wut....
[22:13:02] Jberg gets a banner.
[22:13:02] Finnishpkt lost link.
[22:13:04] Doctorchaos lost link.
[22:13:07] Doctorchaos reconnected.
[22:13:07] Kingen left the world.
[22:13:08] Docterchese lost link.
[22:13:12] Docterchese reconnected.
[22:13:15] Serpentgal left the world.

[22:13:51] Achillea reconnected.
[22:13:53] Jberg lost link.
[22:13:54] Doctorchaos lost link.
[22:13:59] Jberg reconnected.
[22:13:59] Caoimhe reconnected.
[22:14:04] Zarmazarmaex lost link.
[22:14:04] Doctorchaos reconnected.
[22:14:04] Serpentgal has logged in.
[22:14:08] Docterchese lost link.
[22:14:08] Zarmazarmaex reconnected.
[22:14:08] Febur lost link.
[22:14:16] Febur reconnected.

[22:16:52] Febur reconnected.
[22:16:53] Mcdaniel reconnected.
[22:16:53] Melros lost link.
[22:16:53] Doctorchaos lost link.
[22:16:57] Roman lost link.
[22:16:57] Kernelleonessar lost link.
[22:16:57] Nightfall reconnected.
[22:16:57] Mcdaniel lost link.
[22:16:57] Fo commands the Son of Nogumps.
[22:16:57] Some Son of Nogump arrive.
[22:16:57] Caoimhe reconnected.
[22:16:57] Roman reconnected.
[22:16:58] Mcdaniel reconnected.
[22:17:01] Finnishpkt reconnected.
[22:17:01] Melros reconnected.
[22:17:01] Sporkier reconnected.
[22:17:01] Serpentgal reconnected.

This is accurate, when it started lagging terribly, we were all ordered off deed, most of us dont know how far we got, becasue the client would reload and we pinged back to the same place as before >.<

Maurizio you cant say you do mutch just the wooden village

Its still not the point how far raids had gotten. Like I said a roll back would actually benefit more for us due to some mechanic issues but the surprise and point behind it would also be lost

[22:16:31] Ciray left the world.

Its what i know, you're on someones friends list buddy. the steath log in bug doesnt work for friends list.

Doesn't option C just really favor attackers? They just freely get to walk away with a pvp ban when defenders were having same lag issues, sure put a pvp ban on if all loot is returned otherwise Rolf you're just giving away valuables that people aren't allowed to stop.

People deserve right to defend their goods and in this lag they couldn't, it's dumb to just let people walk away with loot when players had no good chance to deafen because of lag.

Edited by Postes
  • Like 3

who says I was on my main.....I have many PREM chars....