Photo

More On The Chaos Server Situation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
173 replies to this topic

#1 Rolf

Rolf

Villager

• Creator
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

This is the information I have:

The server went down during a heavy raid.

I have ordered my GMs to decide on the proper course of action.

There are a couple of alternatives

A) Rollback

B ) Let attackers return under the safety of PvP ban

C) Let attackers return under the safety of PvP ban and return corpses

D) Do nothing

I have been given a lot of contradicting information and have no possibility to sort it out as my main concern is and should be to ensure that the game comes online. If it doesn't, this discussion is pretty pointless anyways.

We will wait for feedback from the GMs who have to sort the situation out. If they do not come up with a ruling I will go for alternative D and just start the servers in its latest state.

Wurm ver: 1.2!

#2 Dlion

Dlion

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

most important is get the game stable and everyone able to logon and play

#3 RomaN

RomaN

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

I don't believe any of the attackers died during this raid.

EDIT: Except Vegetapoi, he glitched into a wall and somehow died. It was not PVP related.

Edited by RomaN, 11 November 2013 - 12:18 PM.

16x Dragonslayer . 10x Giantslayer . 5x Avatar Slayer . 3x Goblin Leader Slayer . 1x Troll King Slayer

#4 Nadroj

Nadroj

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

Anything but option A and we'll deal with it. Rollback would be incredibly unfair on everyone. I'd prefer a pvp ban to give both sides the ability to end the raid at the exact time when it did in fact end. We of MR wouldnt be able to log in and continue raiding immediately and the defenders in JK wouldn't be able to wall in and kill off MR players who log in trying to get away from the deed they were disconnected on.

8 years and finally i quit. Goodbye Wurm.

#5 PopeTyphon

PopeTyphon

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

Maybe a week long 2x skill experience event might be good? I died a few times due to the lag so that would help me regain my lost skills and then some as well as encouraging more activity/playing within Wurm.

#6 ZarmaZarma

ZarmaZarma

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

My opinion is that A is entirely uncalled for, and that D will result in complete carnage. People will log on en masse, as quickly and as many as they can, and the stragglers will likely be left to die. Either of those options seems unacceptable because they completely violate the concept of fair play. Nonetheless, I would rather take D than A, with B and C being the fairest options. I hope the GM team comes up with a similar solution, or at least something that is fair to both sides.

Edited by ZarmaZarma, 11 November 2013 - 12:22 PM.

Play for fun.

#7 demondan

demondan

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

Pleaaase Rolf, the magnitude of this decision is far greater then anyone realises.

AlphaWolfen - "yea i do not see anyone in JK asking for artifacts, hell we keep them sacred in my opinion rather not lose it." - JK keeping artifacts locked away and unused, ruining PvP since 2013.

#8 RomaN

RomaN

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

Anything but option A and we'll deal with it. Rollback would be incredibly unfair on everyone. I'd prefer a pvp ban to give both sides the ability to end the raid at the exact time when it did in fact end. We of MR wouldnt be able to log in and continue raiding immediately and the defenders in JK wouldn't be able to wall in and kill off MR players who log in trying to get away from the deed they were disconnected on.

I agree that option C is the most sensible and fairest option for both sides.

16x Dragonslayer . 10x Giantslayer . 5x Avatar Slayer . 3x Goblin Leader Slayer . 1x Troll King Slayer

#9 Sharkin

Sharkin

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

B or C! unfair if our hard work will be rolled back. We got in and got loot BEFORE the crash.

[12:39:11] <Nocturnes> I know there is a shortage of women in epic, but that's no excuse for you to sneak down to freedom portal in the middle of the night

#10 Daolin

Daolin

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

Tape the letters A and D on a coin and flip it, then start the servers choosing the option decided upon by the coin?

It isn't fair to the other residents on the server who were unaffected by this raid to be further penalised by downtime because of it.

Want to try Chaos without worrying about expensive gear? Join Black Legion today and die in glorious battle with us!

#11 Rushy

Rushy

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

I think D, as it will make the drama continue and get more posts to read, A was pretty dramatic but also seemed unfair so not that option.

Edited by Rushy, 11 November 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#12 sgtscum

sgtscum

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

B or C agreed

#13 demondan

demondan

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

Tape the letters A and D on a coin and flip it, then start the servers choosing the option decided upon by the coin?

It isn't fair to the other residents on the server who were unaffected by this raid to be further penalised by downtime because of it.

you werent an attacker so you dont have a say

AlphaWolfen - "yea i do not see anyone in JK asking for artifacts, hell we keep them sacred in my opinion rather not lose it." - JK keeping artifacts locked away and unused, ruining PvP since 2013.

#14 hemrzz

hemrzz

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

B/C/D 

#15 ZarmaZarma

ZarmaZarma

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

Wouldn't A affect everyone on the server, especially those who were not present?

Play for fun.

#16 Quiver

Quiver

Settler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

Is there a way to roll back all the servers but the one that was raiding?  I am on Inde and was in the middle of repairing a wall where my animals were kept.  We prevented a couple from leaving.  But if you do not roll back the server to the point the server went down then I will lose all my animals.  And that is not fair to me just like it is not fair to those raiding.

I am sorry I guess i am being selfish but I want to see a rollback at least on Inde

#17 AlexLong

AlexLong

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

Yes, please just worry about getting things sorted. One PvP event on one server is not worth your time.

#18 RomaN

RomaN

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

Then the BL guys need not lose any progress they've made with skill and tower caps or unfortunate deaths that resulted from being disconnected next to enemy towers... therefore C is the best option for everyone.

#19 conmcb25

conmcb25

Villager

• Community Assistant
  • 1,080 posts

restart all the rest of the servers.

Then leave Chaos down for a week until the player base decides what it wants to do.

If they cant decide in a week, leave it shut down forever.

Eastern Wall Schism Alliance TM CA-Arathorn

#20 Schiann

Schiann

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts

Wouldn't A affect everyone on the server, especially those who were not present?

Yes, it affects everyone, making it one of the more "fair" (even if painful) options, IMO.

"From a buried seed, a forest will be; you may destroy, but you cannot undo." - Wuthering Heights, 'Tree'